Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80058 times)

Maffa

• Dark Power
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2021, 03:23:53 AM »
Drunken mechanics. More sips to a drink, more effects on the person drinking.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2021, 06:27:07 AM »
The item called Ring of the Ram gives you a feat called Knockdown. Should it not give Improved Knockdown instead, considering that all characters already have Knockdown?
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »
Monks without simple weapon proficiency cannot play darts Lady's Rest. Would be nice if we could!

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »
I know its been mentioned/hinted at in the past but a cooking craft would be AMAZEBALLS  :D

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
The item called Ring of the Ram gives you a feat called Knockdown. Should it not give Improved Knockdown instead, considering that all characters already have Knockdown?

Yeah, will change it so newly dropped ones will have Improved Knockdown. Won't be retroactive since it'll be worth more and also drop less often.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2021, 05:23:54 PM »
I wish for a two handed wood cutter's axe that functions like the hand axe we already have but in great axe form please!

Oh and that greater worg fur was actually worth more!. it doesn't have to do anything extra but i was curious why it isn't labeled as something different and worth more. Like dire wolf vs wolf.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 05:25:52 PM by Syl »

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »
An @command that toggles whether or not a Combat Form will be triggered & consumed the next time a fighter enters combat.

I can understand the design intent it always triggers, but the limited uses per rest currently instead of "once per encounter" can be undesirable for encounters that aren't particularly difficult to overcome in a dungeon that will have several groups more than half of ones fighter level before everyone else wants to stop & rest for 18-24 minute intervals.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2021, 12:08:18 PM »
An @command that toggles whether or not a Combat Form will be triggered & consumed the next time a fighter enters combat.

I can understand the design intent it always triggers, but the limited uses per rest currently instead of "once per encounter" can be undesirable for encounters that aren't particularly difficult to overcome in a dungeon that will have several groups more than half of ones fighter level before everyone else wants to stop & rest for 18-24 minute intervals.

This would defeat the purpose of them firing when you enter combat without control.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2021, 01:34:31 PM »
While that is valid - in D&D they arent supposed to have a limited amount of uses as it is.

The lack of control of when it fires isn't tied to a limited use system and not otherwise considered an issue.

Since there IS limited uses, the ability to control those uses should be something available, but this is only an opinion, a wish for reliability over quirkiness.

Not that I'm using these feats as it is myself, just had private queries from three people so far asking me for advice on how they could better manage those uses.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 01:56:52 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »
would be nice if horns could be used for crafting helmets like metal ingot/chitin plate is used for crafting gloves and boots. bovine/stag anthler would give like +1 antagonize white stag anthler would also give +1 influence or something like that.

Also it would be nice if you could add plates (or horns if that would be implemented) to crafted item, steel ingot + worg boots = plated worg boots.

Most important thing I would like to see, that you could add makers stamp to complete product. since early on you most likely dont have maker's stamp unless you just have it made before start crafting..

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »
would be nice if horns could be used for crafting helmets like metal ingot/chitin plate is used for crafting gloves and boots. bovine/stag anthler would give like +1 antagonize white stag anthler would also give +1 influence or something like that.

Also it would be nice if you could add plates (or horns if that would be implemented) to crafted item, steel ingot + worg boots = plated worg boots.

Most important thing I would like to see, that you could add makers stamp to complete product. since early on you most likely dont have maker's stamp unless you just have it made before start crafting..

Pppst You can make plated leather boots.. you take the patches the leather boot template and the steel ingot and mash it together

But the horns idea would be pretty snazzy. For helmets.. horns to add to helmets

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »

I like this idea, but realistically it will probably never be implemented. The way helm crafting script is coded would not allow this to be easily implemented. It would be a long a tedious endeavour, then you we'd also run into balancing issues with the enchantment script. This one is best left alone, but those horned helms would be quite possible as loot drop items if you wish to propose a few.

I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting here, you can already make plated boots and gloves.

Limitation of the crafting script alas, the stamps is treated and used as a crafting component. It only works when an item is crafted. This also serves to avoid players to add ludicrous amount of stamps on their items if they could just be added after crafting.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Folly

• Outlander
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2021, 11:16:48 PM »
Add bag mechanic to take items from inventory into the bag.

This would make storing craft ingredients so much easier then all the click spam required to sort them into bags and then use a craft bag on said bag.

The goal is to change the functionality of craft bags, such that if used on the player, it acts the same way as if used on a container.

It should only search surface level inventory, NOT going into containers.

CASE LIST:

1.  If you have an EMPTY bag, and use it on your person, it will scoop up as much resource as possible from your inventory.

2.  If you have a PARTIALLY FILLED bag of "gloomflower", and use it on your person which has NO "gloomflower" in inventory , it will attempt to RELEASE all of the "gloomflower" into your inventory.

3.  If you have a PARTIALLY FILLED bag of "gloomflower", and use it on your person which has SOME "gloomflower" in inventory , it will attempt to STORE all of the "gloomflower" from your inventory into the bag.

4.  If you have a FULL BAG of a resource, it always attempt to RELEASE it into inventory.

Technically, Case 2 and 4 already function on the server.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2021, 11:25:35 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting here, you can already make plated boots and gloves.

I mean you can make plated boots but cannot add plated to boots. So you cannot like make dozen pairs of boots, store them and convert them to plated boots after you get metal or raise your skill or what ever..

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2021, 07:31:51 AM »
I mean you can make plated boots but cannot add plated to boots. So you cannot like make dozen pairs of boots, store them and convert them to plated boots after you get metal or raise your skill or what ever..

Alright I see what you mean, but no. It's the same issue as with stamps and has to do with the way the system is scripted. The amount of time and effort this would require to alter the "Behemoth" (the nickname I gave the scripting system) for the little gain that would provide is just not worth it.
Best Regards!
MAB

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2021, 07:58:12 AM »
something along the lines of tracking.

i think most of us have or know of mount and blade, and if we use search or spot or a mixture of it, we could spot the tracks on the ground.

for example it says highly traveled route/road

or it says marks indicate of some heavy creatures.

or into more details going  a 4 pointed hoof with sharp edges are seen.

so forth, that way there can be some actual tracking done and actual hunting.

it's just a brain fart atm so havnt thought all of it out yet but i think it might be a nice addition, without doing harm to what already is
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »

i think most of us have or know of mount and blade, and if we use search or spot or a mixture of it, we could spot the tracks on the ground.

it's just a brain fart atm so havnt thought all of it out yet but i think it might be a nice addition, without doing harm to what already is

Honestly, this suggestion is underrated. I think other systems employ a similar script that puts down footmark placeables to those with the skills to see them, and dependent on how good you are at said skills, you can obtain more information such as race, maybe height depending on depth, etc. I see it being useful with players and tracking them. Even if you're a stealther, you have to leave tracks in snow and footprints in mud. There's really no way of getting around the disturbances that a skilled tracker could find out of the ordinary. One who has the skills to see the tracks/etc they've left behind could try to tamper and cover them up, but there's no untampering the unsettled soil, even if you're able to keep information such as race, or height, etc, out of the mix by destroying the imprint.

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2021, 11:46:38 AM »

Honestly, this suggestion is underrated. I think other systems employ a similar script that puts down footmark placeables to those with the skills to see them, and dependent on how good you are at said skills, you can obtain more information such as race, maybe height depending on depth, etc. I see it being useful with players and tracking them. Even if you're a stealther, you have to leave tracks in snow and footprints in mud. There's really no way of getting around the disturbances that a skilled tracker could find out of the ordinary. One who has the skills to see the tracks/etc they've left behind could try to tamper and cover them up, but there's no untampering the unsettled soil, even if you're able to keep information such as race, or height, etc, out of the mix by destroying the imprint.

I have to agree, I think this suggestion would be very good. As an addition to the prior suggestions and points, I'd suggest that the move silently skill could probably contribute to the difficulty of finding the tracks themselves as the skill does represent the care and deliberate movement needed in picking a path that would cause the least noise, which would likely involve slow, rolling steps and picking a route around things that would break and possibly help trackers to follow such as twigs, glass, sticks and the like. This wouldn't have much of an effect on the displacement of soft materials like mud and snow but seems like it could help.
Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »

I have to agree, I think this suggestion would be very good. As an addition to the prior suggestions and points, I'd suggest that the move silently skill could probably contribute to the difficulty of finding the tracks themselves as the skill does represent the care and deliberate movement needed in picking a path that would cause the least noise, which would likely involve slow, rolling steps and picking a route around things that would break and possibly help trackers to follow such as twigs, glass, sticks and the like. This wouldn't have much of an effect on the displacement of soft materials like mud and snow but seems like it could help.

excellent additions, you guys fully understand what i meant.
thnx
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2021, 08:25:44 PM »
It'd be nice to see, but knowing Rangers and Monster Hunters won't receive an appreciable bonus to the feature makes me reluctant to show support for it.

The module is also ultimately very small and finding anything that's hidden, whether it's a corpse or an enemy player's base, is just too easy. It is tedious but easy. This will only slightly curb the tedium in a limited number of circumstances, and make the game world that much more predictable and gamified, which is something it suffers from already.

It would only be a good feature if several other problems are addressed simultaneously, since it'll bring up its own issues. Implementing it now won't do any justice to MPCs for whom respawning is their only defence, which are rare already.

I'm posting under the impression this is almost entirely for PvP. We can already see what kinds of creatures are inside variable caves before we enter them because of hidden detection checks. So again, it'd be nice to see that for a few more things, but somehow I doubt you're going to see that with the current setup, but it would be useful in a server environment where emergent gameplay was the norm, not the exception.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:42:46 PM by SardineTheAncestor »
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
It'd be nice to see, but knowing Rangers and Monster Hunters won't receive an appreciable bonus to the feature makes me reluctant to show support for it.

The module is also ultimately very small and finding anything that's hidden, whether it's a corpse or an enemy player's base, is just too easy. It is tedious but easy. This will only slightly curb the tedium in a limited number of circumstances, and make the game world that much more predictable and gamified, which is something it suffers from already.

It would only be a good feature if several other problems are addressed simultaneously, since it'll bring up its own issues. Implementing it now won't do any justice to MPCs for whom respawning is their only defence, which are rare already.

I'm posting under the impression this is almost entirely for PvP. We can already see what kinds of creatures are inside variable caves before we enter them because of hidden detection checks. So again, it'd be nice to see that for a few more things, but somehow I doubt you're going to see that with the current setup, but it would be useful in a server environment where emergent gameplay was the norm, not the exception.

to track you or your party doesn't mean pvp, this server doesn't thrive on that, it was simply meant as an additive, more flavour more dept.
and small?
to you maybe, but i remember just barovia, we have so many more countries, and who knows what still gets added, no, the areas and its countries arn't small.

and yes with enough manpower and enough time 90% of the corpses can be found, but that has nothing to do with a tracking system, nor would tracks last for ever, they degrade.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2021, 09:07:42 PM »
Tracking in M&B is fine and good... Until you find the crossroads of several armies, and then it's just a mess. I don't see this going any better here if every player/creature is to leave appreciable marks on the ground, it just seems like too much of a clutter and hassle to deal with imo. Fine idea in principle, I'm always for more verisimilitude, but this might be going a bit too far for our means and purposes.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2021, 09:12:38 PM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree then, I'm not willing to argue the PvP and stealth situation based on anecdotes. I just think this will further polarise and gamify conflict so I'm fundamentally against it.

If there are actual creatures to hunt -- Gaia-controlled predators and prey that actually move around on their own instead of standing idle on their respawn point that can be seen from a mile away -- that would convince me that this feature could be worthwhile.

I don't think it will be constructive to let players track one another though, not even if the tracks disappear within a couple hours.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2021, 09:17:11 PM »
Not to mention the constant interactions with the massive database this would require and the server resources drain it would entail.
Best Regards!
MAB

hugolino

• Dark Lord
Re: Systems Wishlist v2 - Archivist class
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2021, 12:22:34 PM »
Could we consider adding theme-appropriate D&D 3.0 class variants such as the Archivist from the D&D 3.0 book "Heroes of Horror"?

ARCHIVIST (in brief)
  • Archivists rely on Intelligence to cast prepared divine spells from a prayerbook  they use daily, yet they don't get their spells from the deity they worship but rather from finding scrolls or such of divine spells similar to how a wizard learns new spells.  Their spell progression is that of a full spellcaster.
  • Archivists are proficient with all simple weapons and with light and medium armor, but not with shields. They gain 1d6 hitpoints per level and 4 + Intelligence in skill points. Their favored saves are Fortitude and Will.
  • The relevant class skills of an Archivist on PoTM would be Parry and Perform (as all classes here get these skills), Concentration, Heal, Influence, Lore, Search, Speak Language, and Spellcraft.
  • An Archivist gains a  Dark Knowledge feature that eventually has several applications, similar to how monks get a limited number of uses of Stunning Fist that can be applied for different effects that are gained as one levels in the class. But Dark Knowledge is also similar to Favored Enemy in that it can only be used when fighting against a certain type of foe (in this case, magical beasts, aberrations, undead, outsiders, and elementals). It also requires passing a Lore check each time. Dark Knowledge (Tactics) grants a bonus to everyone to hit a specific target if it is of a known type (in PoTM, this could mechanically be an armor debuff). Dark Knowledge (Puissance) essentially is a temporary effect around the Archivist (like an aura or bard song) that grants a bonus to saving throws to allies nearby. Dark Knowledge (Foe) is a bard-song like effect that grants d6 bonus damage.  Dark Knowledge (Dread Secret) is basically a daze effect. Dark Knowledge (Foreknowledge) would basically be an aura or bard-song-like effect that grants an armor bonus to nearby allies.
  • The Archivist also gains the Scribe Scroll feat (level 1), a Lore bonus (levels 2, 7, 13, and 17), the Still Mind feat (level 4), and a crafting, magic, or lore related bonus feat of their choice at 10th and 20th level.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:05:03 PM by hugolino »