Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80114 times)

Crowl

• Undead Slayer
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2020, 09:30:11 PM »
Can we get a trash can in Emmanuelle's? Preferably next to the tailoring station. Clothes that you make but don't intend to keep take up a lot of space.

Can we also get one in the tailoring house in Vallaki please?

Can we get one near any crafting place, please?
Playing: Maeldwen Erynaedh/Irach

Yesper

« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2020, 05:21:22 AM »
A claim system in the Village of Barovia warehouses would be pretty cool and would possibly incentivize players to use VoB for more than just a midpoint for their hag-slaying happy times.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2020, 05:51:09 AM »
A claim system in the Village of Barovia warehouses would be pretty cool and would possibly incentivize players to use VoB for more than just a midpoint for their hag-slaying happy times.

+1

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2020, 06:07:24 AM »
Portals to other domains at char creation (with big warning signs)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »
Portals to other domains at char creation (with big warning signs)

That's not part of our plan. If you feel like you want your character to start there you can ask a DM but there'll be 0 support for low levels. Adding portals creates a sort of expectation.

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2020, 12:58:16 AM »
So a player asked me to make him a Mastercraft longbow today. You know the basic +1 kind. Of course I had to convey that the secret to those bows was lost. Then I asked myself why can't I make a +1 bow? Surely it is weaker than a carcass eater cobweb palm longbow?

So I thought what if you had a master level, like 50 for Bowyer, at which point you unlock a master craft option. I leave the material requirements to the Devs but I don't think a +1 bow with no mighty would throw off balance. The same of course could be done for smiths. I would not know what level to recommend as a smith master though. I'm sure MAB would have a good sense of it.

I agree that balance-wise this would not be an issue. I’m a little hung up on the crafting components needed for this. Whether it be bowyer, smith, whatever - what natural component could you find that’s just inherently magical. It makes sense why certain natural components are the bane of certain types of creatures. But what natural component is inherently magical against everything? Not saying it’s not possible, I just don’t see it from a Lore perspective personally. Maybe a new resource could allow for it, if that’s the direction developers want to go with the crafting system. I’m not sure that fits into the lore of the Core though. Again, definitely wouldn’t be a balance issue.

If it's a 'Master Craft', it wouldn't be any new components, right? Why not have a set of (more expensive?) templates that's specifically 'Mastercrafted Longsword/Heavy Flail/Ect..' that has a DC that requires to have 50 in in the crafting skill?

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »
I think your mastercraft template idea has merit.

HopeistheCarrot. There is no need for a magical element, it's about the skill of the smith/bowyar. It's a +1 attack bonus, not +1 enhanced
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2020, 12:35:01 PM »
I think your mastercraft template idea has merit.

HopeistheCarrot. There is no need for a magical element, it's about the skill of the smith/bowyar. It's a +1 attack bonus, not +1 enhanced

+1 AB in NwN pierces Damage Reduction, and Enchanted would amount to +3, which would be overpowered. It would also make Adamantine greatly redundant for weapons since a Masterwork Steel weapon would yield essentially the same properties.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2020, 12:17:12 AM »
It would be nice to use an umbrella in the Off hand.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2020, 01:38:59 PM »
This is my proposal:

Wizard spell Polymorph's Owl would be treated as "wildlife faction" and not being attacked by other wildlife (such as wolves for instance)

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2020, 07:10:55 AM »
I think it would be neat to have some way to set your character's saves (will/fort/reflex) down to 0 through a command, or maybe even just an OOC ring that can be equipped with massive negatives to those stats. Because sometimes I want to force my character to fail a save for the sake of RP, and the only real way to lower the saves otherwise is to find and equip weird items with those negatives, that might not lower the stat enough anyway.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
I think it would be neat to have some way to set your character's saves (will/fort/reflex) down to 0 through a command, or maybe even just an OOC ring that can be equipped with massive negatives to those stats. Because sometimes I want to force my character to fail a save for the sake of RP, and the only real way to lower the saves otherwise is to find and equip weird items with those negatives, that might not lower the stat enough anyway.

You can always decide that your character does whatever behavior the save is seeking to enforce. You don't need to fail it mechanically.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »
As discussed briefly with Arawn on discord some days ago, a system to save and retrieve quickslots;

@quickslot save spells1
(Saves the current quickslot layout as "spells1".)

@quickslot apply spells1
(Replaces the current quickslot layout with "spells1")

This would be particularly useful for caster classes who can't fit all their spells on their quickslot bar and may want to separate them in some way, i.e. defensive wards versus on-the-fly.

Spellbook saving and loading would also work super wonders for the community if that's possible.

Delita

• Outlander
  • I once bit a horse
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »
As discussed briefly with Arawn on discord some days ago, a system to save and retrieve quickslots;

@quickslot save spells1
(Saves the current quickslot layout as "spells1".)

@quickslot apply spells1
(Replaces the current quickslot layout with "spells1")

This would be particularly useful for caster classes who can't fit all their spells on their quickslot bar and may want to separate them in some way, i.e. defensive wards versus on-the-fly.

Spellbook saving and loading would also work super wonders for the community if that's possible.

If the engine allows this, making this real will increase QoL of casters by huge amount!

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2020, 09:30:33 PM »
We're still trying to track down a few renegade bugs with our NWNX stuff. We won't implement that before then, but as I said when I suggested it in Discord, it's definitely being looked into.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »

You can always decide that your character does whatever behavior the save is seeking to enforce. You don't need to fail it mechanically.

While that would work for a spell such as Dominate Person, im thinking more along the lines of if the player you're roleplaying with decides to use Flesh to Stone or Baleful Polymorph, or anything else similar to that where it would be hard to rp without the save failing mechanically.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »

While that would work for a spell such as Dominate Person, im thinking more along the lines of if the player you're roleplaying with decides to use Flesh to Stone or Baleful Polymorph, or anything else similar to that where it would be hard to rp without the save failing mechanically.

Might just be me, but I've experienced other difficulties doing this even in the most controlled and curated situations conceivable. I am in favor of what you are advocating though, if there were a command like @dispel invis for nuking your saves ~ would be neat for willing victims.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2020, 07:20:08 AM »
Saves, and resistances, are not generally conscious actions, unlike skill checks. It's not something you can generally "fail" on purpose except a few specific circumstances. While we permit you to roleplay as if you are influenced, intimidated, etc., we don't really plan on supporting it mechanically.

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2020, 08:23:27 AM »
I'm assuming something like this may have been suggested before - But have you thought of using the disguise system to have everyone's identity hidden by default with an impassable disguise check? The name would be something generic like "unrecognized" or "unknown". And players would have the option to reveal their identity to those around them with a command, something like @Identifyself whisper/talk/shout (Enabling different ranges). This would be something players would have to honour. E.G if someone introduces themself in 'talk' range, they would be expected to then '@identifyself talk' as everyone in range would now likely know their name.. This may cause players to turn all introductions into whispers if they want to minimise their name being known.

This "unrecognized" or "unknown" disguise would come above any playerset disguise, if attempting to examine someone that your PC doesn't recognise, it should just be a generic message like "You don't know this person"

I think a system like this or similar can help eliminate the meta aspects that seeing everyones name can bring- it can also help players keep track of who's names they actually know. At Least in my case, interacting with many MANY players, it is sometimes hard to remember if they have actually introduced themself to me or vice versa, especially if the interaction with them was short lived.

A system like this was present in another community I was in on another game 8-9 years ago and felt it worked extremely well. Codewise I have no idea how this could be implemented and I can't help there, sorry, but I believe this could be a good addition.

I would like to hear if you agree/disagree with this suggestion, all comments welcome!

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »
You would have to store for every character a map of every other character they had ever met. The data storage and retrieval alone (on every single OnPerceived event, since to store the values on a character BIC would make load times slower and undo all the work we've done to lower the sizes of inventories) would be expensive, and managing the status would be tricky and prone to bugs (as you've seen, the Disguise system itself uses NWNX functions which still need some tweaking themselves). It might work in a smaller community, but in a server that regularly hits 100+, just someone entering the Outskirts could trigger a series of database calls that would lag the entire server.

We are more than content allowing (and trusting) players to keep this straight themselves.

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
I appreciate the explanation and feedback! Agreed, for a system that isn't necessary - there are too many drawbacks and additional costs for something that would only add a pinch of flavour.

distilled1

• New to the Mists
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2020, 03:42:40 AM »
Is there any conceivable way you guys could introduce a method for players to see the current hit points of their nearby allies?
Like maybe with that custom examine tool or something?
As a player who'd like to mostly focus on supporting others, it's hard to determine which healing spell to use on an ally.
One ally could be missing 100 hit points while another ally could be missing 8 hit points, but both could be shown to the healer as simply "injured".

One other thing, not super important, but I was wondering if someone could eventually update the "House Rules" thread, in the Rules forum section, to include changes to the Cleric class' spells per day. Compared to vanilla Neverwinter Nights, Clerics here receive 1 less spell per day for every spell level.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2020, 03:51:40 AM »
Hi, Id like to propose to mark those skills, spells and feats that are useless in action as so, such as disguise. Just a notation in the description would be enough.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »
Would it be possible to get some crafting stations in Har'Akir? It would be great if local PCs didn't have to leave to craft, and might even draw more RP to the area. Thanks!

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:43 PM »
some might be already propsed, but this is what I wish to see:

courier/cargo loader type of job for other stats too. like librarian for someone with high int, butcher for con, performer for cha, wisdom would be hard one.. perhaps some gardener or altar boy at temples.

would be nice to have cooking as trade skill, I suppose you can go around and buy all sorts of foods and RP you made those by yourself. This would also be kind of compex to add, so many new crafting materials like, sugar (would be nice to sugar canes you can harvest sugar from), flour (would require grain harvestable and mill to turn different grains to flour), water (i suppose you could buy water like taninin and potion bottles, or use waterskin). We got so many spices those could be used for higher recipies. I suppose it would be a challenge too scale tons of recipies, and what would all those different foods even do? just sell for more, and maybie give virtue.

elves got woodworking, dwarves got smithing, perhaps calibans/half-orcs could have leatherworking. I am planning to make own settlement for half-orcs, should it first be build with woodworking stuff every reset, but hopefully at somepoint have permanent camp with leatherworking things. I dont know if is some balance issue that people have to run around between different places to do their craft but it doesnt make any sence.

I hope some of these are easy enough to work on.