Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80049 times)

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »
Vistani messengers ... ?

50 gold / message

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »
Idk if its already been suggested but mb some more optional caravans to places like Krofburg

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »
Vistani messengers ... ?

50 gold / message

I would never EVER trust the Vistani with sensitive information.
Not all who wander are lost.

Lenshan

• New to the Mists
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2019, 06:06:20 PM »
I'm new to the RP server scene, so forgive me.  One of the best gaming experiences of my life was on an action/rp-lite server, where builds were everything.  Monsters were notoriously overtuned and required parties to defeat, but also builds were enhanced by a special crafting system that could really maximize a build's potential.  It burned down in a RL house fire a few years ago, but nonetheless, I came to Ravenloft looking for a similar experience. 

What I've encountered so far is actually more comparable than you might think.  RP was definitely in the forefront of the other server, but not mandatory like it is here.  I think the RP thing going on here is actually pretty great, although I'm not very good at it.   
My biggest gripe though is that it is very hard to do anything for half of the time playing.  Night lasts a full 12 hours, during which people mainly just stay in the temple and chat. The sewers also don't seem to allow xp gain if a level 2 is near a level 3 player.  They are also laiden with wererats which can only be killed by players who acquire very expensive rare weapons, or cast spells the barovs forbid.  I've turned to crafting as a means to be able to actually do something in the game, but there are a lot of miners sometimes, and not many deposits.

Additionally, I'm not sure what the gates to valliki being locked at night is supposed to accomplish.  Is it to keep the danger out or in? Or do were wolves and rats not get along?  No formal wishes on that, just a musing.

Here are my "wishes"
Reduce night to 10 hours. 8pm to 6am.
Maybe make night even more dangerous from around midnight to 4am, if it isn't already. (the "witching hour", ooOooOo)
Make outdoor regions more rewarding in terms of resources during the times when it's most dangerous.
Expand xp radius in sewers - many times rats are accidentally killed in 1-shot before the party can get close enough to share xp.
Slightly increase xp in valiki sewers so level 3s can benefit. (it's dangerous to go alone, but no one will help you unless you're already dead).
Introduce some minor way for players to protect themselves against one-off sewer wererats, similar to, but not as strong as the temple undead blessing.
Allow additional new mining deposits, herbs, and non-hostile wildlife, to be "discovered" (spawned) by adequate [Spot] checks (and [Listen] checks for wildlife).
Consider allowing crafting to give player xp (with limits of course - maybe diminish down to 0 xp when the player is already halfway to their next player level?).
Reduce the cost of resurrecting a low-level familiar.  200gp is more than I usually own at level 2.

(These last two hinted at in another suggestions thread, sorry for crosspost.)
Create a smithing tool without a martial weapon proficiency requirement.
IF there are classes that can't use daggers - create a hide curing tool that can be used by those classes.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2019, 05:29:26 PM »
Dungeons you can't rest in save for secure locations that you can bar off so you really have to manage your resources to get through the dungeon. Everyone goes to dungeons they can only survive with wards, and the moment the wards run out, its stop, rest and re-ward. Having dungeon crawls where you can't just do that might make the use of wards a bit more strategic than something you just put on before you go. (hides from mob)

As an emergency counter-balance:  Leomund's Tiny Hut for an emergency rest when you need one.

I made this on a small server I ran once. When you cast it, a little door spawns and it takes you to a safe "rest" zone like an inn room. It has a pot on the fireplace you could cook in, and restable beds. For server balance, I'd make them expensive one-off items probably.  Like a little model of a house you can pick up for a few thousand. That way if you're in a dungeon and have a nasty encounter, and just can't make it to the place you can rest, you can drop a Leomund's if you've thought to bring one, and rest.

distilled1

• New to the Mists
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2019, 01:37:08 AM »
I really wish healers had a way to see other player's current HP.
It would help healers to strategize their spells instead of wasting them.
"Injured" for one player could mean 80 HP missing, while for another player it could mean 4 HP missing.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
There's a very promising heads pack on the vault lately.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/original-hakpak/3d-dafenas-definitive-heads

LOOK AT THESE FACES, LOOK AT THEM

: )

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2019, 04:28:10 AM »
I like a lot of them, but some of them -- Male and Female, are a bit too anime for my tastes. But that's just my opinion.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2019, 04:56:00 AM »
I'll take the anime if we get the rest of them, like, holy crap yes.  The variety these promise is amazing. 

Elyan

• Undead Master
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2019, 05:47:44 AM »
I'd love to see these added, without the inclusion of the anime style ones that are floating around in there. We need more heads with eye patches!

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2019, 07:07:05 AM »
I also appreciate that a couple of these look slightly older without being elderly, which is great!

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2019, 09:22:38 AM »
I also appreciate that a couple of these look slightly older without being elderly, which is great!
This very much.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2019, 10:18:27 AM »
I am all about those heads! Oh please father christmas, please add this to PotM!

Mandom

• Undead Master
  • And then, there was silence.
Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
I think I see a Tidus head? Please.
~Currently Playing~

Leezil

• Undead Master
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2019, 10:51:25 AM »
I think I see a Tidus head? Please.

Yeah looks like a lot of Square Enix stuff!

I'm down for these, obviously if anything outlandish can be removed that's great, if not, still want it! If people are going to choose anime faces they can already do that.
Sasha Sorokina: Devoted to the Morninglord
Portrait - link

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2019, 01:08:00 PM »
Would it be possible to make it so craftable signs have a inventory so you can actually put notes and such into them? Or a more complicated version of using the paper on the sign to have it added. So when you clicked on the sign it brought up a list of entries that could be selected to open up a description. Similar to that of the bounty boards?

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2019, 01:15:38 PM »
I'm in support of this, even if it's just default container style.

It's a small thing but seeing who is interested in what's posted, imo, enhances the RP, because some will just walk past without checking, others will stop to take a look.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »
Anyway we could get the @dispel invis command changed to @invis dispel?

Any typo after "dispel" dispels everything and would just be a bit nicer if we could save ourselves from the occasional unintentional removal of everything.

Thanks

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »

Any typo after "dispel" dispels everything and would just be a bit nicer if we could save ourselves from the occasional unintentional removal of everything.

Thanks

Since there will soon be other @dispel commands, that won’t be possible. I can however change it so that it only dispels everything if nothing is typed after dispel.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »

Thanks

Since there will soon be other @dispel commands, that won’t be possible. I can however change it so that it only dispels everything if nothing is typed after dispel.

Much appreciated!

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2020, 04:37:08 AM »
Hi there! Thank you for all your efforts so far. My wishlist:

THE EASY:
- Like wood can be bundled, and ore can be sacked: Can we have a "book binder" or "paper ream" that lets us stack up a hundred or so blank sheets of paper? There's no realism-based reason I should be able to carry a book, but not the equivalent amount of paper. Possibly, because of limitations, this could work on blank sheets, but even that would be an improvement!
- Shorter nights, or a "grace period" (an hour taken from each end of the night) after dark where the monsters are just waking up, and before dawn where they're running from the sunrise back to their holes?
- Longer general buff durations, to ease some PVE tedium?

THE UNCERTAIN:
- Can we buy empty books, give them titles, and add text page by page, similar to how we can do character descriptions with commands? OR, what might be easier (to use, anyway): Consume written letters/notes to make the pages! The first page would be the title, author, and item description ("the tome is etched in strange runes" etc, or something much less mysterious, as the author decides). Pages could be torn out to recreate them as a letter/note in the inventory (automatically named as [book title] [page number] and containing the content written on that page. The book could be *read* page by page through the dialog system that NPCs and armor customization use.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2020, 06:08:31 AM »
There's a very promising heads pack on the vault lately.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/original-hakpak/3d-dafenas-definitive-heads

LOOK AT THESE FACES, LOOK AT THEM
Spoiler: show

I am reminded that I would pay for the best of these heads even if they came with the "worst", which are not much worse than certain ones we already have.
Vicerimus Mortem.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2020, 06:20:33 AM »
I actually tested those heads a while ago and as it turns out they have the weird white spots ingame and it's pretty jarring. It is a shame, because there are some really good ones in there, and a good chunk of them are like the PS3 version of the PS1 and PS2 heads we have that are generally only used as a joke right now.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2020, 07:28:25 AM »
Interesting - on closer reading, I bet that's related to the shader the author claims to be required, which I'd doubt we are willing to put in with the heads.

Still, if I knew what tools were required, I'd be willing to put the time in to poke around and see if I couldn't either fix some of them or, at least, cull the ones that work without it.
Vicerimus Mortem.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »
I think I did have the shaders on but that was during an earlier build of NWN when I tested. 8193 hadn't been completed yet, and the toolset became really crashy when I started checking out the heads. Eventually they stopped showing up as available in the editor so I gave up. Someone else more affluent with the tools may feel the pull to take a look, but I don't feel like reinstalling them again.