Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80067 times)

buyonegetonefree

• Undead Slayer
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2018, 06:03:56 PM »
Can the same be done to flurry of blows?

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2018, 11:09:50 PM »
Not so much new systems, but my opinion on potential adjustments to current crafting scripts/system for some nice quality-of-life reasons! (+ justifications):

:arrow: Changing batch crafting to make rolls for each combination, rather than one roll for the whole batch.
-- This would be more convenient and fair.

:arrow: Dropping the animation time for Alchemy distilling from ~18 seconds to 10 seconds or so. Additionally re-evaluate animation times for other crafts.
-- This would save a fair bit of time when facing very large batches and doing them one by one (if the first point is not implemented)

:arrow: Show the quantity of CXP gained for each fail or success. (e.g. Crafting experience gained (+15).)
-- We can already see the our total CXP, and we can manually work out the gain for that crafting level by reviewing the before and after, so this makes it more convenient to see how our efforts are progressing us.

:arrow: Alchemical flasks and Herbalism pouches, when using and targeting self, get a conversation prompt to:
            1- Fill container (searches through character inventory to pick up herbs/reagents automatically - as if you used it on a bag or placeable inventory)
            2- Empty container (drops herbs/reagents into inventory - what it currently does)
-- This would save time on moving items around into bags and inventory management.

:arrow: Allow the Enchanting craft to make enchanted items without requiring a person to donate their XP, but on success make the item unusable.
-- This would give an opportunity to characters to practice the craft without having to line up another player willing to spend XP, aligning more with other crafts
 :arrow: Alternatively, implement another way for a novice enchanter to improve their CXP while soloing (e.g. Recharging charges on selected minor on-use items?)

Thanks

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2018, 12:29:14 AM »

:arrow: Show the quantity of CXP gained for each fail or success. (e.g. Crafting experience gained (+15).)
-- We can already see the our total CXP, and we can manually work out the gain for that crafting level by reviewing the before and after, so this makes it more convenient to see how our efforts are progressing us.

Yes. The current message at least needs re-working, as it's not always accurate. (You don't get XP when your crafting level equals the DC, but you still receive the message saying you did.)

:arrow: Alchemical flasks and Herbalism pouches, when using and targeting self, get a conversation prompt to:
            1- Fill container (searches through character inventory to pick up herbs/reagents automatically - as if you used it on a bag or placeable inventory)
            2- Empty container (drops herbs/reagents into inventory - what it currently does)
-- This would save time on moving items around into bags and inventory management.

This would be wonderful, but I would automate it so that it doesn't need prompting:

1. If container is full, empty items into inventory.
2. If container is empty, load items from inventory into container.
3. If partly full, do identical items exist in inventory?
   a. If yes, load identical items until full.
   b. If no, empty container into inventory.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
New emote to the emote list:

Kneeling on one knee. If I want to be more precise, I'd say right hand on the right quadriceps (or a fist on the chest/heart) and left hand on the still raised left knee (meaning the right knee is touching the ground). All that with the head lightly bowed forward...

As I say that with no idea of how animations are handled around here...
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Green Monster

• Undead Master
  • Nougat-pilfering cheese-cretin
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2019, 08:41:32 PM »
Wishlist item 1: Swashbuckler Class from NWN2.

For those that don't know, it's a fighter type class. 10hp per level. Simple and Martial weapons feats, Light armor feat. Gets weapons finesse at 1st lvl. Gets Tumble as a class skill, all the social skills, parry, discipline. Some neat special bonuses when using light weapons and light armor.  Details here.

Wishlist item 2: Bards updated to current D&D rules

Bards having no spellcasting failure in light armor, and being able to purchase a feat to up it to medium armor, as per NWN2
Sadie Halloway (nope, no giant graphic, sorry ;-P )

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »

For those that don't know, it's a fighter type class. 10hp per level. Simple and Martial weapons feats, Light armor feat. Gets weapons finesse at 1st lvl. Gets Tumble as a class skill, all the social skills, parry, discipline. Some neat special bonuses when using light weapons and light armor.  Details here.

Bards having no spellcasting failure in light armor, and being able to purchase a feat to up it to medium armor, as per NWN2

Engine limitations.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:13 PM »

Engine limitations.

I thought you could make custom new classes? 

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2019, 11:09:39 PM »
We can, although not all of the features can be implemented as-is. But as far as tweaking spell failure, that’s just hard-coded.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »
After a rest, check if class is a bard, if so, get base AC number of worn armour, if base AC number = 1-3, apply temp property arcane spell failure -5%-15%, apply only useable by bard (to prevent exploits) etc etc to the current clothing worn.

That should do it? May need to deny multiclasses from this bonus.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:36:10 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2019, 11:50:36 PM »
After a rest, check if class is a bard, if so, get base AC number of worn armour, if base AC number = 1-3, apply temp property arcane spell failure -5%-15%, apply only useable by bard (to prevent exploits) etc etc to the current clothing worn.

That should do it? May need to deny multiclasses from this bonus.

Actually, this suggests an even simpler solution. The only time arcane spell failure needs to be checked is when an arcane spell is being cast. We know this is customizable and adjustable because the exhaustion system affects spell failure on the fly. Consequently, it would seem that when an arcane spell is cast the check you suggest could be performed: is the caster a bard? If so reduce the property the appropriate amount based on AC.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2019, 02:09:54 AM »
Quote from: Iridni Ren

Actually, this suggests an even simpler solution. The only time arcane spell failure needs to be checked is when an arcane spell is being cast. We know this is customizable and adjustable because the exhaustion system affects spell failure on the fly. Consequently, it would seem that when an arcane spell is cast the check you suggest could be performed: is the caster a bard? If so reduce the property the appropriate amount based on AC.

That's what I was thinking. The game rolls to see if you fail your spell because of armor. Couldn't a script just fetch the % chance of the armor and reduce the spell failure chance by exactly that number, but still things like shields or other things like fatigue could result in a failure? Something like (pseudo code, I don't know nwscript)...

On cast spell
if spell class = bard then
if armor = light then
let x = spell cast failure of armor
let x = x * -1
add x to spell failure chance
end if
end if
end on cast spell

If that's possible, the question is would the % failure return to normal after the spell is finished, or canceled, or interrupted? Wouldn't want there to suddenly be dozens of bard/sorcs casting bard cantrips to drop their spell fail and then casting fireball.

Could the script apply a modifier to just the ONE ROLL for the spell failure instead of alterning the value of the spell fail %? Like, if you fail your spell 20% due to your light armor, could a script add 20 to your roll so that you are certain to roll 21 or more, and that roll modifier not hang around after the one roll?

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »
Probably easier to leave spell hooking out of it. There's a property for items that reduce arcane spell failure so you can cast in armour, and it's easy enough to set up a check somewhere to apply it as a temporary item property. It's what a few servers do already.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2019, 06:36:44 AM »
Probably easier to leave spell hooking out of it. There's a property for items that reduce arcane spell failure so you can cast in armour, and it's easy enough to set up a check somewhere to apply it as a temporary item property. It's what a few servers do already.

That would cause problems if the bard is multiclassed with either a sorcerer or wizard. It also causes problems if the armor already has reduced spell failure.

Iyer

• Outlander
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Would it be possible to add a log to the rightside chatbar where it tells you weather/damage/people logging in and out? I think adding a log telling you what areas you've entered will be helpful. For instance, if I were to enter the outskirts from the slums i would get a log that says something like "Entered Barovia - Vallaki - Western Outskirts" this would help is keep track of where we've been.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
I think adding a log telling you what areas you've entered will be helpful. For instance, if I were to enter the outskirts from the slums i would get a log that says something like "Entered Barovia - Vallaki - Western Outskirts" this would help is keep track of where we've been.
+1, when I looked at my log and saw Lost Item: Angel Arm I was like "&$&@&$ where did I drop it?!", left 4k+ worth of pelts on Petre's table without claiming as I panicked asking around if someone found my sword. ;)

hugolino

• Dark Lord
Re: Systems Wishlist v2 - Healing Flames
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »
Could the following D&D 3.0 racial feat be implemented as a general feat for characters who already have displayed an affinity with fire in obtaining several other fiery ki feats? Maybe it can require you to already be sheathed in Fiery Ki Defense to use it and have it extinguish the defense when doing so?

Healing Flames
( Races of Faerun, p. 164)

[Racial]

You can draw energy from open flames to heal yourself.

Prerequisite
Base Will save +3, fire genasi or tanarukk.

Fire Size ---- Example ---- Hit Points Healed.
Fine ----------- Tindertwig ------ 1.
Diminutive ---- Torch ------------ 1d3.
Tiny ----------- Small campfire -- 1d6.
Small ---------- Large campfire - 2d6.
Medium-size - Forge ------------ 3d6

Benefit
When you use your control flame spell-like ability, you instead may touch the flame and heal yourself a number of hit points of damage depending upon the size of the fire. This counts as a use of your control flame ability for the day. Touching the flame causes you no harm when you use this ability, but if you enter the flame, touch more than just its edge, or remain in contact with it for more than 1 round, you take damage from the fire.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:53:39 PM by hugolino »

hugolino

• Dark Lord
Re: Systems Wishlist v2 - Poison Healer
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
The following is a two-edged D&D 3.0 feat that could be interesting for gambling types. Maybe make sure that a roll of 1 is always a failure even if the person has a high Fortitude save.

Poison Healer
( Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss, p. 87)

[General]

Poison isn't always bad for you.

Prerequisite
Great Fortitude (Player's Handbook) , Con 13,

Benefit
Any time you succeed on a Fortitude save against a poison, you heal a number of hit points of damage equal to your Constitution bonus
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:56:50 PM by hugolino »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
Stackable Herbs
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2019, 01:14:55 PM »
Not sure if there's a mechanical reason they're not, but now that we have so many of them--many with the same graphic--keeping herbs sorted is ungodly tedious.

Putting them in the storage bags requires an animation to play for each use of the bag. I have had as many as 6 herbs queued for the bag by the time the first animation stopped. Nor is it realistic to keep 90+ bags in one's inventory for all the different herbs. How much more wonderful it would be if herbs behaved like the potions created from them: sorting and stacking themselves automatically!

When first learning recipes, this might require splitting off a single herb, but it's well worth the trade for the mass brewing almost all accomplished herbalists do.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Please give us this.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Stackable Herbs
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »
Not sure if there's a mechanical reason they're not, but now that we have so many of them--many with the same graphic--keeping herbs sorted is ungodly tedious.

Putting them in the storage bags requires an animation to play for each use of the bag. I have had as many as 6 herbs queued for the bag by the time the first animation stopped. Nor is it realistic to keep 90+ bags in one's inventory for all the different herbs. How much more wonderful it would be if herbs behaved like the potions created from them: sorting and stacking themselves automatically!

When first learning recipes, this might require splitting off a single herb, but it's well worth the trade for the mass brewing almost all accomplished herbalists do.

There are variables set on the individual herbs required for the system; if they stack, all but the first herb in the stack will lose the variables. It's unfortunately impossible, or we'd have done it a long time ago.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »
the ability to run as a ghost please. :)

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2019, 03:26:21 AM »
In Port-a-lucin, in the slums at night, it would be great if the “thugs” tried to mug you by initiating a conversation instead of just being automatically hostile. That way you could be presented with a few options such as pay up, intimidate them or persuade your way out of needing to fight. Maybe even get off with a few missing HP if you offer to pay but don’t have enough coin. It would give those of us who invest in “influence” or “antagonize” a chance to use those skills. Especially on the hostile kids. Thankfully I went there with a PC who knew about “@subduel”

firelord111

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2019, 04:30:34 AM »
About subdual in general I would like if the enemies that were knocked out would stay like that for longer or not charge again as soon as they get up.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2019, 04:51:29 AM »
Ability to Make mead, Beer, cider with herbalism and spirits with alchemy.

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2019, 09:42:20 AM »
Herb type sacks that work for ore, ingots, and charcoal.