Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80078 times)

Inti

• Undead Master
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
Not sure if mentioned here before, most likely, but I'd love an option somewhere in the rest menu to Injure myself or take away a set amount of HP, for those times when only floaty words and actions are hurting you, and not monsters..

That, please. :)
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 11:09:05 PM »
Since outsiders can't return back to home so easy, maybe it will be nice to turn them hostile to caster(or everyone?) when spell duration of summoning go to end?
I speak more about elementals.
Not sure how good this idea can be but it may good reflect how spells changed in lands of mists.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2017, 01:04:29 AM »
Would like to request adding ACP into the module. Can use the crafting menu to select them. Here is the link to the files at the Neverwinter Vault.
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/alternate-combat-animations-pack-acp-v40

mf_hansen

• Outlander
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2017, 02:32:17 AM »
Pick Target feat suggestion (if not yet implemented):

Have any targeted spells/combatfeats/similar automatically fire at that target when used, until target is dead.
And some way of clearing the picked target again (just Pick Target on ground perhaps) for manual targeting.
Forum PM or tell mf_hansen in game or chat on Discord between 17:00-22:00 GMT.

SpaceHam

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2017, 03:16:35 AM »
I had a thought the other day about a system that allows herbalists and maybe alchemists to quickly brew out in the field without access to a crafting station, but at a substantially higher DC check? I can't count the number of times I've had a bunch of woundwart on my character that I could convert into healing pots were it not for the fact that a cauldron was on the other side of the country  :lol:
Characters:
Tristyn Ondar: Dweomerkeeper of Mystra
Casavel Aelorothi - Feywarden of Corellon Larethian
Kythaela Orifiel: Degannwyian protectress and ranger
Qyral Sundervoss: Star-elf Sorcerer Supreme

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2017, 04:51:29 AM »
Perhaps similar to how Carpenters can make a Sawhorse and work in the field, those professions could purchase a relatively heavy/expensive 'field kit' that lets them set up a craft station?

SpaceHam

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2017, 04:59:57 AM »
Perhaps similar to how Carpenters can make a Sawhorse and work in the field, those professions could purchase a relatively heavy/expensive 'field kit' that lets them set up a craft station?

Yeah for sure, I mean it doesn't have to allow the full array of crafting features, but something like a limit of 2-3 potions a day? I don't know, but limitations should be applied of course.
Characters:
Tristyn Ondar: Dweomerkeeper of Mystra
Casavel Aelorothi - Feywarden of Corellon Larethian
Kythaela Orifiel: Degannwyian protectress and ranger
Qyral Sundervoss: Star-elf Sorcerer Supreme

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2017, 06:26:28 AM »
We use the placement of crafting stations quite carefully to influence the flow of characters around the server and maximize potential interactions and RP.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »
Alright, this is going to sound crazy but what about a Reach system for whips and things? Given that pistols already use a system to make ranged attacks on targets, I'm wondering if something similar could be done with whips, but given the Short cast range instead of the unlimited range that pistols have?
: )

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »
I actually really love this idea! I think it could definitely add to the whip weapon from both mechanical and RP perspectives. I have no idea as to whether or not it's feasible though? Or as to what it's implementation would need to be as far as functionality goes?

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2017, 12:26:53 PM »
Improved Disarm feat on Whips instead of just disarm which everyone have on 2th level.   :raincloud:
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2017, 01:01:43 PM »
Some whips already have improved disarm right?

buyonegetonefree

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
I would like to see option,  that will allow put a content of lesser vaasi satchels into crate. Something similar to herbalist's bags or alchemy flasks.   

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »
Can you guys add the new emotes to the emote section of the rest menu?
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2017, 04:03:20 PM »
I think it'd be nice if all regular NPCs reacted to spell-casting in some manner, even if it doesn't raise OCR... like stares of disbelief or fascination and the like.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »
More immersive feedback from the Exhaustion system so I don't have to rely on the debug system to figure out how tired my character is.

As far as I can tell, the current system only starts giving warnings at around Threshold - 4. Meaning by the time you get the warning, you're already close to getting serious penalties.

Obviously you can use the debug system, but as I imagine much of the effort of this server is in immersion, I think it'd be nice to get a few more messages, so perhaps:

Exhaustion 1 - 5: "Your breathing quickens at your effort"
Exhaustion 6 - 10: "You are starting to get a little out of breath"
Exhaustion 11 - 15 (if not already exceeding Threshold): "You are a little winded"
Exhaustion 16 - 20 (if not already exceeding Threshold): "You are winded"
Exhaustion 20+ (if not already exceeding Threshold): "You are very winded"

Note: none of these messages would override the default exhaustion messages already in the system, these would basically supplement them.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
Would it be at all possible to change the item-storage system so that the claim slips took up less room? Instead of giving back an item that looks identical to the claim, why not just make them the size of a spell scroll but with the item's name and description? It's silly that a piece of paper that says "plate armor" takes up as much space in my inventory as a full suit of plate. This would be a huge boon to PC merchants as well, I imagine.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
Would it be at all possible to change the item-storage system so that the claim slips took up less room? Instead of giving back an item that looks identical to the claim, why not just make them the size of a spell scroll but with the item's name and description? It's silly that a piece of paper that says "plate armor" takes up as much space in my inventory as a full suit of plate. This would be a huge boon to PC merchants as well, I imagine.

Because we don't actually swap them for items. We just add the weightless property to the item and change the name.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »

Because we don't actually swap them for items. We just add the weightless property to the item and change the name.

Ah. fair enough. Would still be nice if there was a way around it, but it would probably be too much work.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
At that point, we could just add actual storage--the resource- and database-heavy nature of that is exactly why we decided to go with the present system in the first place.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »
An incognito mode for when your character is in a disguise which would change their highlight name and possibly color for the duration... I know it sounds rather far fetched but it would eliminate some of the meta cheesing where people immediately know who it really is without having to do any sort of spot or perception checks.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »
A way to hear invisible characters.

From what I've seen in game, when you roll a listen check against one's move silently check, they're supposed to appear as half-transparent. Technically you aren't supposed to know who the person is just by hearing him/her, but that part's up to the way one role-plays. However, when someone's under the veil of invisibility, even if they came next to you, you can't keep track of their location, compared to an ooze who can follow your track if you come by too close or a monster which hears you when you do an action on an object, i.e. picking up plants.

Making a way for PCs to hear invisible characters would also be a nice counter for those without any casting ability, or even save a spell for bards who are proficient in listen skill. :P

It's been on my mind for some time, so I'm just throwing it out there.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:31 PM »
Candle crafting. All you need is bees wax and a wick. IT'd be cool.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2018, 04:22:22 AM »
Feat which augments the distance one can hear a whisper based on the listen skill.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Dextan

• Outlander
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »
A man: ''Gosh what are you eating?''
Dextan: ''My last kill... ?''
A man: ''But its a SPIDER!''
Dextan: ''Your right... should started with the head''