Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80072 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 08:23:33 PM »
Poison crafting!

And more options for tailoring. While we are on the topic of tailoring, maybe change what linen or cotton does so they aren't the same?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 03:21:54 AM »
I'm also thinking what it will be good add poison craft. For example herbalism craft something like varnishes and maybe some new plants? Like special poison from plants against shapechangers, against spiders, against spirits?.. And few poison with same effects what drop spiders and other monsters.

It's also will be good if strong sleep-spells will work on elfs and half-elfs. It's possible buy/find chemistry items what use sleep spells. And obviously it will not work on elfs and half-elfs.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 07:17:42 AM »
I'd support poison crafting, if only because poisons are hard to use (single use items that attach to a weapon, most of the server is undead and immune to them anyway). That being said, elves being immune to sleep is a DnD hallmark, so regardless I don't think elves should be able to be magically knocked out, especially since in most lore they don't sleep at all.

Also, as a person whose character is good at precisely one craft, tailoring, I'd like to see more options there as well.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 11:43:41 AM »
I'd support poison crafting, if only because poisons are hard to use (single use items that attach to a weapon, most of the server is undead and immune to them anyway).

i think if you experiment a bit you'll find there is more uses for poison allready...  :twisted:

Building out off the mists

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
I'd support poison crafting, if only because poisons are hard to use (single use items that attach to a weapon, most of the server is undead and immune to them anyway).

i think if you experiment a bit you'll find there is more uses for poison allready...  :twisted:

Speaking of poisons.. I'd really like to see venoms and poisons being individual items. Just more an rp thing I guess. There are some poisons that you can only apply to a weapon and some you can only apply to food/drink
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Poison crafting would be cool. Maybe some could be made from the alchemy skill, harvested and concentrated venom from animals and creatures like pit fiends or the Bebilith. Other's could be made from herbalism- Hemlock or nightshade.

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

NecropolisV

• Undead Master
  • ~Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!~
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
another cool system that could be small and made mostly for flavor is stoneworking possibly? For making things like stone altars, and stone benches, or statues? Just an idea, I know more than one religious concept would appreciate being able to set up shrines to their gods in some places, with a few statues and benches.
Currently Playing: Maloryn X'angondur

Closured:
Markus Shadebane, Adrian Von Viklov, Vincent Zolokorov, Adam, Ambrose De'Korban, Akin, Velindilieth Asuranaeh,

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
Something has been picking away at my mind for a little while, would it be possible to have the message in the rest meny that pops up with moon phases during the day as well? It would make it easier to be prepared as a half vistani for the Lunatio is a thing that comes to mind. Easier keeping track of it and knowing that "Ah tonight there will be a fullmoon". I think this is something that they would after all have some insight to and gives them a bit of time without actually keeping a perfect track of various moon phases in more advanced ways. I for one know i would appreciate that.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 12:34:40 PM »
Something has been picking away at my mind for a little while, would it be possible to have the message in the rest meny that pops up with moon phases during the day as well? It would make it easier to be prepared as a half vistani for the Lunatio is a thing that comes to mind. Easier keeping track of it and knowing that "Ah tonight there will be a fullmoon". I think this is something that they would after all have some insight to and gives them a bit of time without actually keeping a perfect track of various moon phases in more advanced ways. I for one know i would appreciate that.

Like instead of just hitting the rest button for a update, like.. each time night comes a message in combat comes up saying what phase the moon is in?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 01:25:50 PM »
Åh no. Møre that you can check it during the Day as well and not just during the night.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »
Åh no. Møre that you can check it during the Day as well and not just during the night.

But you normally cannot see the moon during the day. so it would only help at night or dusk at the earliest.

Don't get me wrong love the idea of it telling me the moonphase, but I normally hit R to learn what it is.

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »
What i'm trying to explain while writing like a complete idiot is that i for one can't know the moonphase by pressing R during the IG daytime, and i think this would be reasonable to have that implemented  :)

Edit: Meaning when you log in on an half vistani during daytime IG you can see that "Oh theres going to be a fullmoon tonight". It seems like something a half-vistani would keep track of?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:17:40 PM by Daboomer »

Indigocell

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 06:42:09 PM »
A few small wishes.

I wish "Tenser's Transformation" had a very slight visual effect, such as glowing red eyes for example (similar to the vision spell).

I wish the "Ivory Scroll Case" was a container you could actually put scrolls into.

I wish there was a deployable herbalists's cauldron type of item because why not? It's just a cooking pot, more or less. Herbalism is a survivalist skill and it seems silly that you would have to travel to a city or somewhere with a cauldron just to make use of it.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 07:10:40 PM »
I wish the "Ivory Scroll Case" was a container you could actually put scrolls into.

A thousand times this! I have so many scrolls.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 04:04:07 AM »

Or even mundane parchments having their own container system would be great.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »

I will say this sounds like a great Idea... However if one is carrying to many scrolls, might as well use a magic bag to reduce that weight. :D

Still love the idea

julienchab

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »

I will say this sounds like a great Idea... However if one is carrying to many scrolls, might as well use a magic bag to reduce that weight. :D

Still love the idea

Scrolls weight 0.1 pounds each, so if you have 100-150 of them, they start to be quite a weight and a magic bag will be the best container for them. I like the idea of a scroll case for the flavor, but unless it gives some sort of weight reduction to scrolls, I'll always use a magic bag to carry my scrolls around, since wizards usualy have low str, and need to do inventory management.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
I was thinking about this yesterday and, since there are both male and female guard NPC in Vallaki, what about male and female Gendarme in Port-à-Lucine as well?
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
While there are some female Gendarmes (as PCs), they are not common to the domain at large. I recall that when the first female to join the Gendarme did so, she was labelled 'Madame Trousers' and received some mockery, etc. for it. That is likely why we only see male Gendarme NPCs.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 09:11:53 AM »
Not sure if possible but It would be awesome if the skill Heal could have a bonus effect. Treat it just like Tumble or Spell craft and parry but it would be cool if, Every 5 points of heal could either reduce the DC of a poison or Disease, non magical.  OR give you increased saving throws against such, since Heal is considered your knowledge of how to treat the poison, or illness.

THis would make the Heal skill more useful then it would appear cause after looking it up on the Wiki, Heal on here can be seen as a rather small skill save for RP value, which is still important.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »
It will be good if all plants using in herbalism will be possible use to character directly without transform them in potions.
And add to this different effects, like little short buff, or debuff, poison or disease. (Or maybe even make from some plant with addiction?)

Also if it possible it will be good see some 'hairdresser' in Port which can help change head model or color of hair/tattoo/eyes for gold.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Katahdin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 08:23:11 AM »
Trying this again. I hope this is the right thread this time?

Its great that gargoyle hide can add +1 to fort, I think it would be nice if there was a patch available that added 1 to reflex. Do the lions in the desert drop skins? They could be a cantidate for it.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 12:24:32 PM »
Removed
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:45:20 PM by Miuo »

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 10:08:29 PM »
I don't know if this was suggested BUT!! a thought + a wish..

Doors and chests locked by magic, like... A cleric or wizard or someone with enough spell craft is required to unlock the door or chest

A server i played on had a door locked and when you clicked on it it pulled up a conversation and things to do and one of them was remove wards, which unlocked the door if you made the DC check.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
This might have been said before, but tailoring should be expanded. Maybe hoods and some cloaks. Also, flavor items like rugs and flags, maybe even gloves.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster