You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80088 times)

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Systems Wishlist v2
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:40:28 PM »
Old thread was too large.

Maybe someone will like one of these ideas, I know a couple of these things have been brought up before.

Thanks for your time and hard work.

For system and functionality requests.

peps

• Undead Master
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »
The ability to store crafting materials in the warehouse (e.g. ores, herbs, wood, etc.).

julienchab

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
The ability to store crafting materials in the warehouse (e.g. ores, herbs, wood, etc.).

You already can.

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »

You already can.

I mean as a whole, rather than individually. And without the need to hold writs for them. It would be like putting in and taking out from a companion's inventory.
Unless that already exists?

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 01:13:27 PM »
It would definitely be awesome if things like ore, at least, were stackable... or had containers like the herbalism bags.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
It would definitely be awesome if things like ore, at least, were stackable... or had containers like the herbalism bags.

Couldn't you use just like.. a bag?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
I don't think a bag full of ore can be stored, can it?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Regular bags cannot be stored as the system would not be able to track its content. To be able to store items without the voucher/writs system, we would have to use some sort of database that might heavily impact server performances. An avenue we will not pursue.

The voucher you get when storing an item, is actually the very same item you stored, upon which a special template was applied. It is the only way to have a storage system where the variables of your gear (stats, color and shape modifications, etc.) can be kept without the aforementioned DB.

I don't think there will ever be a special container for ore. But we have plans for an eventual system where ingots can be made into bars and vice-versa. But that is further down the road. Be patient.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 12:39:13 AM »
I wish for the ability to turn in bounties in either bulk or individually without having to drop the item on the floor.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 03:08:06 AM »
I would certainly like to see an updated armor-crafting system (appearance), much like the updated dummy color system we have in the OOC areas.

To be more specific, as a temporary solution perhaps, I'd like to see an "outfit save slot" system. Basically it would work the same way as regular crafting, but when you're all paid and done you get an option to save it to an appearance slot in your OOC menu. Maybe make five or so of these slots. It's not that big of a hassle, but this is more of a quality of life suggestion. If you pay for the dyes, and the expensive alteration, I think it's more than fair to keep the appearance locked into one of your save slots you can switch to for a small fee, or freely.

If your disguise or outfit goes out of date or you want to change it, you simply make the necessary payments and changes again through the crafting menu and overwrite the save slot of that outfit. Of course, you can only change into the "outfit" of the same type of armor. So if you have, let's say, some type of cloth you have two appearances for, you can only change into either appearance with the same cloth/armor. Crossing Armor Class types won't work, of course, so it keeps the system mostly free of cheesing. Also helps eliminate the need to carry a million different pieces of cloth/armor to switch out of, if your character is like that.

I shot this idea up pretty quickly and haven't given it too much thought, but maybe this would be a useful addition.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:09:46 AM by Sword »
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 03:21:30 AM »
I would certainly like to see an updated armor-crafting system (appearance), much like the updated dummy color system we have in the OOC areas.

To be more specific, as a temporary solution perhaps, I'd like to see an "outfit save slot" system. Basically it would work the same way as regular crafting, but when you're all paid and done you get an option to save it to an appearance slot in your OOC menu. Maybe make five or so of these slots. It's not that big of a hassle, but this is more of a quality of life suggestion. If you pay for the dyes, and the expensive alteration, I think it's more than fair to keep the appearance locked into one of your save slots you can switch to for a small fee, or freely.

If your disguise or outfit goes out of date or you want to change it, you simply make the necessary payments and changes again through the crafting menu and overwrite the save slot of that outfit. Of course, you can only change into the "outfit" of the same type of armor. So if you have, let's say, some type of cloth you have two appearances for, you can only change into either appearance with the same cloth/armor. Crossing Armor Class types won't work, of course, so it keeps the system mostly free of cheesing. Also helps eliminate the need to carry a million different pieces of cloth/armor to switch out of, if your character is like that.

I shot this idea up pretty quickly and haven't given it too much thought, but maybe this would be a useful addition.
Yes please.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 07:19:18 AM »

Yes please.

I can say this sounds AWESOME! disguises are a hassle having to carry different clothes and armor or having to change the looks and dye it over and over again

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
I have been telling small things about npc's that do not happen in the game with Merrum for a long time, just for roleplaying purposes. like when talking about the crazy wizard that lives near the crossroad in Barovia that he has great cookies and loves tea, or that I stayed with friends that live near a ant hill if I was away for a occ holiday, or that Radu from the ladies resting place is in love with Bianca but doesn't dare to tell her.

But someone went looking for one of them and now I feel bad that she could not find it.

I told her that I was drinking a honey drink (mead) that the bee keeping gnome outside the gate of Vallaki sells, but that you had to listen to more of his strange stories if you wanted to buy it.

So my request is: could there please be a option at the beekeeper to buy mead, after you listen to a long crazy story?
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 03:07:51 PM »
I have been telling small things about npc's that do not happen in the game with Merrum for a long time, just for roleplaying purposes. like when talking about the crazy wizard that lives near the crossroad in Barovia that he has great cookies and loves tea, or that I stayed with friends that live near a ant hill if I was away for a occ holiday, or that Radu from the ladies resting place is in love with Bianca but doesn't dare to tell her.

But someone went looking for one of them and now I feel bad that she could not find it.

I told her that I was drinking a honey drink (mead) that the bee keeping gnome outside the gate of Vallaki sells, but that you had to listen to more of his strange stories if you wanted to buy it.

So my request is: could there please be a option at the beekeeper to buy mead, after you listen to a long crazy story?

Emoting for NPCs is specifically against the rules of the server, I'm afraid, so it's unlikely we'll retroactively change the NPCs over something which is a rulebreak.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 04:52:55 PM »

Emoting for NPCs is specifically against the rules of the server, I'm afraid, so it's unlikely we'll retroactively change the NPCs over something which is a rulebreak.

Sorry did not know that, does it really matter if it's small things like that? it's not like I'm emoting how the npc react to my pc, it's only in conversation with other pc's (and some of them are IG jokes or lies) 

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:56 PM »
I think there's a difference between emoting and "hearsay."

If I claim an NPC told me something, then that may or may not be true. The other PC can choose to believe it happened or not.

Emoting, however, would seem to me to be actively playing that the NPC said something in front of other characters--in other words, speaking for the NPC to those characters.

The former (in  small doses) seems necessary for immersion because otherwise the NPCs are like Westworld or Disney's Hall of Presidents. DMs can't always be around to operate them, but presumably they do say something other than their scripts from time to time.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
I think there's a difference between emoting and "hearsay."

If I claim an NPC told me something, then that may or may not be true. The other PC can choose to believe it happened or not.

Emoting, however, would seem to me to be actively playing that the NPC said something in front of other characters--in other words, speaking for the NPC to those characters.

The former (in  small doses) seems necessary for immersion because otherwise the NPCs are like Westworld or Disney's Hall of Presidents. DMs can't always be around to operate them, but presumably they do say something other than their scripts from time to time.

You're welcome to claim IC that an NPC said or did something concerning or around your character, but the NPC did not say it. If it's something incredibly minor, like telling someone Radu stared at you when you (a tiefling) walked by, we won't call you out on it. But giving an NPC something to sell that he doesn't, or especially claiming that he 'makes cookies', which is inconsistent with the setting, is the reason why this is the prerogative of the DMs alone.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
Fair enough, I will adjust me roleplay a bit. but be warned, I might ask you as a DM to play that crazy wizard to see if he likes tea and cookies (or has any) and suggest to the gnome that making mead would be a great idea :roll:

NecropolisV

• Undead Master
  • ~Dragons, Dragons, Dragons!~
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 05:39:53 AM »
What would be really, really cool i think is, a cooking system.. That would be a pretty cool craft honestly.. For those that desire to be chefs! Cooking rations does the trick for hunger purposes, but, being able to create actual meals and aspire to heights of culinary skill of that of the finest chefs would be pretty awesome for rollplay, for various situations. It's nothing important, or really making a difference mechanically, but it would be a cool rp skill and tool.
Currently Playing: Maloryn X'angondur

Closured:
Markus Shadebane, Adrian Von Viklov, Vincent Zolokorov, Adam, Ambrose De'Korban, Akin, Velindilieth Asuranaeh,

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 07:09:33 AM »
What would be really, really cool i think is, a cooking system.. That would be a pretty cool craft honestly.. For those that desire to be chefs! Cooking rations does the trick for hunger purposes, but, being able to create actual meals and aspire to heights of culinary skill of that of the finest chefs would be pretty awesome for rollplay, for various situations. It's nothing important, or really making a difference mechanically, but it would be a cool rp skill and tool.

This has been brought up SO many times (myself included!) and i SO want this! TBH I would love a crafting system which wasnt dependant upon stats (irks me a little that someone with negative stats cant force learn a craft ala tailoring say wont let you do it if you got a -6 in any of the two needed stats for it)

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »
You make the old cooking pot the crafting item for it. Make use of all the useless seasonings that drop. Chicken, water, carrots, salt, pepper, other seasonings, you get chicken soup. Good to warm the soul. Temporary plus one to saves verse cold. Small stuff. Chef could be a plausible profession and it would open up new rp. Chefs catering player events, a group of adventurers could have a hot meal and rp while they wait that hour or so before they can rest.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
A cooking system is on my to-do list.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 01:27:13 PM »
A cooking system is on my to-do list.

[squeals hoping to make a hero's feast]

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
I posted this before but I don't know if it was ever seen but

Would it be possible to have Bottle black changed from a simple potion to a grenade like item? This way we can throw them and make more uses for them instead of having to be up near someone and drink it?

delia wood

• New to the Mists
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
Not sure if these is even possible.  If I have many of the same item (unidentified) and I have it identified, can my char remember that I have identified it ?
Perhaps later if I come across the same item; she will just say "oh I know this item!".
Maybe this is like learning in AI ?