Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80066 times)

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #350 on: April 03, 2021, 05:03:38 AM »

Add herbalism recipes for alcoholic beverages.

As RP flavour it would be nice for players to produce the various types of alcohol (and other beverages for that matter). Different ingredient for the more ”refined/rare/expensive” wines but simple reciepes for the common/cheap beer.

(To this topic alchemy could be used to produce drugs... but not sure they exist on the server).

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #351 on: April 03, 2021, 05:17:12 AM »
Left-handedness.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #352 on: April 05, 2021, 03:30:50 PM »
The smithing suppliers in neither Vallaki nor Dvergheim sell charcoal, and the charcoal burners by Vallaki don't work in the winter time. Adding the things anywhere to buy year-round would be very well appreciated.

Dardonas

« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2021, 08:43:28 PM »
Greater Gloves of Spellcraft should be useable by Hexblades, like Staff of Fury was done.

Edit: nevermind, the item I saw was an older version
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:11:18 PM by Dardonas »

Wine-Stain

• New to the Mists
  • snip snip
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2021, 02:48:17 AM »
A means of circumventing VoB instead of being forced to pass through it to get to the Ivlis Marsh, etc.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2021, 06:40:27 PM »
The PRC class DeepWood sniper. which is basically in simple terms Weapon master for range. If such is possible. but there might be some coding problems. [shrugs] But would be cool!

Oh and lanterns we can use on ourselves that give off light  and have attached to our hips so those that need shields can have both light and a shield Would could work as a glowjar in sort but give off normal colour light

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2021, 07:24:56 PM »
The PRC class DeepWood sniper. which is basically in simple terms Weapon master for range. If such is possible. but there might be some coding problems. [shrugs] But would be cool!

The Arcane Archer prestige class exists, and is very similar to the Deepwood Sniper. Though it is elf-only. Sorry, humans!

Oh and lanterns we can use on ourselves that give off light  and have attached to our hips so those that need shields can have both light and a shield Would could work as a glowjar in sort but give off normal colour light

All manner of light-shedding items exist that can go in ring slots, belt slots, amulet slots ... there are even luminous armors, there's a helmet that gives you the darkvision feat, and putting varnish on your weapon or armor or shield makes it temporarily shed light too. Some of these items shed white light. I know of at least two rings that shed a lot of normal-coloured light. The brightest one isn't alignment-locked, and can be purchased over-the-counter in various places iirc.

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2021, 11:50:17 PM »
Heh Deepwood sniper wins vs AA with a increase crit range and multiplier heh only thing useless to it on here is increased range incroment.

Also all don't want to wear glowing jewelry

It's a wishlist let me wish :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:55:46 PM by Syl »

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #358 on: April 11, 2021, 11:17:01 PM »
An alternative to yelling (/y) that can be used for loud noises. Instead of 'hearing someone shout from X', 'you hear a noise coming from X'.

hugolino

• Dark Lord
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2021, 10:08:35 PM »
An alternative to yelling (/y) that can be used for loud noises. Instead of 'hearing someone shout from X', 'you hear a noise coming from X'.
I like that suggestion.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
I wish horns and anthlers could be fitted to wood bundles.

Also there is problem with fire beetle mandibles now that broken ones cannot fit same alchemy flask. when you try to collect them from bag you only get other like perhaps 1 depending in which order you put them there so you have to spam several times with two alchemy flasks to collect both types.. (lets say you have 7 broken 5 normal ones in box and you target box with alchemy flask you get only 2 broken ones as you put them in first and then normal..) could it be done that it can collect all of the same type..? like now they are kind of same but still not same.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
I would like a grapple option where you can give up attacks to greatly slow down someone, stop them or even knock them down. As long as you win the grapple check each round. Maybe like a targetable icon you can use someone.

As a foil any sort of damaging aura spell like acid sheaf or death armor should make you immune. Finess chracters could use dex instead of str.

mooner

• Dark Lord
« Reply #362 on: April 15, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »
I think some trees within the Citadel courtyard would be nice - the gatherable kind. With the new carpentry updates, and considering it's a required crafting skill for the faction, I think it makes sense to have some in a controlled grown in a safe area, both during day and night. There can sometimes be competition for the trees that grow around Vallaki and we're a lot more limited as to where and when we can gather them.

There's no /real/ incentive of learning carpentry besides some nice placeables so I don't think it would really give us any real advantage over others. It would also provide us with something to do during the night - otherwise, you're forced to spend the limited hours of the day gathering wood for later, instead of doing your job.

Eupraxia

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2021, 07:39:28 PM »
I think some trees within the Citadel courtyard would be nice - the gatherable kind. With the new carpentry updates, and considering it's a required crafting skill for the faction, I think it makes sense to have some in a controlled grown in a safe area, both during day and night. There can sometimes be competition for the trees that grow around Vallaki and we're a lot more limited as to where and when we can gather them.

There's no /real/ incentive of learning carpentry besides some nice placeables so I don't think it would really give us any real advantage over others. It would also provide us with something to do during the night - otherwise, you're forced to spend the limited hours of the day gathering wood for later, instead of doing your job.

How would the burgomaster feel about you destroying his public works projects?  :D

mooner

• Dark Lord
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:25 PM »
How would the burgomaster feel about you destroying his public works projects?  :D

Pfft, it's not as if we're ransacking his private garden. On this suggestion in particular, I noticed the Zeklos outpost has exactly this feature with some large, gatherable trees growing there - no doubt one of the reasons they ultimately won the war of the copper knives.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #365 on: April 18, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »

Screenshot of one of the dialogue boxes when using the printing press in Port-a-Lucine. The same dark blue color is used for all OOC directions the NPC gives when using the press, and I it presents a major eye-strain trying to make it out against the black background. A more reader-friendly color choice would be very well appreciated.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2021, 04:26:48 AM »
The pine trees providing bark for herbalism share the spawns with many other herbs during spring, including the Hawthorn trees. The pines are so bountiful for both winter and spring, despite being used for possibly one of the least desired potions in the game, whereas the Hawthorns, which are much more direly needed for their flowers, are there for spring only and, more often than not, really hard to find. It'd be awesome if we could have the pines spawn only during winter. It'd more than suffice, since they share spawns with only one other herb. It would at the very least increase the chances of Hawthorne spawns by a little during spring.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #367 on: April 20, 2021, 01:40:54 AM »
*wishes to the all mighty dark powers for the pit fall trap in hotep to just be a LITTLE bit smaller so people don't spend 5 mins struggling to get around it*

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #368 on: April 20, 2021, 06:29:40 AM »
A Vistani fur trader in the Mist Camp.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #369 on: April 20, 2021, 12:43:32 PM »

We talking like the one near the Outskirts? that gives you money for furs? Or one that Sells various furs?

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2021, 07:17:50 PM »

We talking like the one near the Outskirts? that gives you money for furs? Or one that Sells various furs?

The former.

Heresyteller

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
« Reply #371 on: April 21, 2021, 04:07:10 AM »
I think the hexblade should have more spells like shield, cat's grace, elemental weapons and Keens edge. Make the hexblade viable not only for melee builds but also for range builds, or to make a dexblade
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 04:11:18 AM by Heresyteller »

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2021, 08:28:46 PM »
The pine trees providing bark for herbalism share the spawns with many other herbs during spring, including the Hawthorn trees. The pines are so bountiful for both winter and spring, despite being used for possibly one of the least desired potions in the game, whereas the Hawthorns, which are much more direly needed for their flowers, are there for spring only and, more often than not, really hard to find. It'd be awesome if we could have the pines spawn only during winter. It'd more than suffice, since they share spawns with only one other herb. It would at the very least increase the chances of Hawthorne spawns by a little during spring.
The very same thing applies for summer and Gnarled Hops.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2021, 12:13:44 AM »
Not really a 'system' thing, but I couldn't find the right thread: Cider at the Rustic Belvedere (Zeklos Outpost). The orchard is right next door but it's not sold at the inn!

Sinthepie

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • A push is all it takes.
« Reply #374 on: May 03, 2021, 01:36:36 AM »
I did not read the threat for requests yet so I apologize in advance, but I would love to see a "spellbook saving system" as most classes that prepare spells have to prepare a lot of spells, and change them completely on many occasions, only to go back to the previous setup soon after. A sample to this spellbook system is available in other servers, and I'm pretty sure the base game through the Crafting Skills menu which is disabled in the server.