You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80525 times)

zDark Shadowz

Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
I saw these feats related to protection and think they would be highly useful and not too difficult to script given similar existing feats using these functions.

The Constant Guardian could be an adjustment of the purple dragon knight cover feat for Fighters since unless they multiclass to punish things that ignore them they can't otherwise "tank" in the conventional sense to protect their allies when attention is diverted.

Divine Armor
Type: Divine
Source: Player's Handbook II

You call upon your deity to protect you in your hour of need by wreathing you in divine power that wards off your enemies' attacks.
Prerequisite: Divine caster level 5th, ability to turn or rebuke undead.
Benefit: As a swift action, you can expend a turn or rebuke undead attempt to gain damage reduction 5/- until the start of your next turn.

Constant Guardian
Type: General, Fighter
Source: Drow of the Underdark

By paying careful attention to nearby allies and reducing the accuracy of your attacks, you help protect your companions.
Benefit: Once during your turn as a free action, you can take a -2 penalty on your attack rolls to grant a single ally within 10 feet a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This effect lasts until the start of your next turn or until you are more than 10 feet from the chosen ally, whichever comes first.
Special: A fighter can select Constant Guardian as a fighter bonus feat.

Deadly Defense
Type: General, Fighter
Source: Complete Scoundrel

You are at your most dangerous when forced to protect yourself.
Benefit: When fighting defensively, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage with any light weapon or with any weapon to which the Weapon Finesse feat applies (such as a rapier, spiked chain, or whip).
This feat's benefit applies only when you are unarmored or wearing light armor and not using a shield.
Special: If you have the Combat Expertise feat, you also gain the benefit of Deadly Defense when taking a penalty of at least -2 on your attack roll from that feat.
A fighter can select Deadly Defense as one of his fighter bonus feats.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2020, 07:08:29 PM »
Upon re-leveling, your character's Ability Scores, Skill Ranks, and Feats are all printed out to help make the process of leveling back up smoother.  I know the Feats being printed out is a more recent addition, I'm wondering if the same could be done for spells?  Re-leveling a spellcaster must be painful sometimes.

Actually, if all these things are knowable, perhaps an option to keep everything the same?

I have no idea if that’s possible, but I would cry tears of joy if it was!

I presume since the point of madantory relevels is system changes, as the system change could render your previous build even slightly invalid an auto-rebuild function might break.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2020, 08:28:05 PM »
A little command to check the moon phase would be wonderful, for example @moon. Or something for half-vistani to roll for lunatio if appropriate. It can be awkward to not realize it's a full moon until well after the fact.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2020, 08:57:50 PM »
Full moons are around day 14, new moon is day 28, add it to your IG journal.

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »
A little command to check the moon phase would be wonderful, for example @moon. Or something for half-vistani to roll for lunatio if appropriate. It can be awkward to not realize it's a full moon until well after the fact.

Hit the R button. It gives a weather blurb with moon phase, even inside!

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »
Hit the R button. It gives a weather blurb with moon phase, even inside!
I think the moon phase info is only displayed at night, but I could be mistaken.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2020, 11:32:05 PM »
Could we add these cloaks?
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/eberron-cloaks

And could we add under tailoring the ability to make cloaks?

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2020, 05:21:28 AM »
Carpentry-craftable wagons! Like the kind the Vistani have, but available for players. Would be a fun way to RP out traveling folk.

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2020, 09:47:59 AM »
Carpentry-craftable wagons! Like the kind the Vistani have, but available for players. Would be a fun way to RP out traveling folk.

Good news! This is already in, under structures.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2020, 01:09:39 PM »

Good news! This is already in, under structures.

Oh! Wow, thank you!!

Peasant

« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »
I wish the spam from merchants putting their wares in and out of boxes in the outskirts would disappear. I am one of the top offenders of this and I hate disrupting peoples roleplay. I've been stolen from a few times and these messages never helped me notice so I don't think they're serving the purpose well.

edit: I wish that instead of the merchant spam being in "talk" channel it went to "whisper" instead.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:52:32 PM by Peasant »

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2020, 04:40:31 PM »
I wish the spam from merchants putting their wares in and out of boxes in the outskirts would disappear. I am one of the top offenders of this and I hate disrupting peoples roleplay. I've been stolen from a few times and these messages never helped me notice so I don't think they're serving their purpose well.

edit: I wish that instead of the merchant spam being in "talk" channel it went to "whisper" instead.

Or maybe the combat log, because usually in places where merchants are actively doing business, there's almost no need to see the combat log.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2020, 08:55:36 PM »
I wish the spam from merchants putting their wares in and out of boxes in the outskirts would disappear. I am one of the top offenders of this and I hate disrupting peoples roleplay. I've been stolen from a few times and these messages never helped me notice so I don't think they're serving their purpose well.

Or maybe the combat log, because usually in places where merchants are actively doing business, there's almost no need to see the combat log.
^ This. Please and thank you. 😩

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

Or set merchant conversations to private. This is very simply done really.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2020, 01:28:46 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't clear. By merchants, I actually meant player merchants, who typically set up in "hub" areas where people do actually carry on conversations and it can be a pain to keep track of it with regular item exchanges taking up as much space as any other message.

Were all item exchanges put in the combat log instead, they would still be logged and not private. Looting, which mainly takes place out of combat, is not disrupted by this, you still have a reference for who picks up what in a dungeon. Trades, which almost never take place during combat, are not disrupted by this either.

I think it is an intentional design that you can see who is trading what to who and this won't be reconsidered. I think it has its merits. Automated messages for generic actions we repeat constantly during play are a fantastic quality of life feature, but I think these messages can actually disturb roleplay by filling the chatbox very quickly at times. But your combat log is not logging anything when you aren't in combat -- and in an area where there are PC or NPC merchants, there is basically no combat that needs logging. Besides that, if trades go to the combat log, emoting a description of your character taking the item no longer takes up the space of two messages in chat, which is a net gain for readability.

Though the text should definitely be the usual stand-out yellow so it can be distinguished from combat, if trades are being made in dangerous areas.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Britasianninja

• New to the Mists
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »
I would love to be able to purchase empty potion bottles from vendors in stacks of 10, rather than having to do it individually.

IC, it's silly, because you'd never really go to a vendor and say "I'll take one empty bottle [hand 10gp]. And another [hand 10gp]. One more [hand 10gp]. How about another [hand 10gp]. Same thing, please [hand 10gp]." ad nauseum.

OOC, it's just annoying to have to click so much  =.=
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:35:10 PM by Britasianninja »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2020, 03:40:16 PM »
I would love to be able to purchase empty potion bottles from vendors in stacks of 10, rather than having to do it individually.

IC, it's silly, because you'd never really go to a vendor and say "I'll take one empty bottle [hand 10gp]. And another [hand 10gp]. One more [hand 10gp]. How about another [hand 10gp. Same thing, please [hand 10gp]." ad nauseum.

OOC, it's just annoying to have to click so much  =.=

This...and its rather OOC to sit there and hold up other players because you need to purchase 200+ bottles 1 bottle at a time.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2020, 05:53:51 AM »
A visual representation of when a Vistani caravan is available to be taken, so it can be determined at a glance.

Cyber Viking

• Undead Master
  • Discord: Cyber Viking#6572
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2020, 06:53:27 AM »

I could see this being an issue with people just taking items out of a crate. With no indication to the player merchant, we wouldn’t be able to tell if someone just removes something.

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2020, 08:07:34 PM »
Apologies if this is incorrect place to post this, as it's not strictly speaking a 'system' -

Wish 1:   Other books than Barovian Times vol.1 on the Midway Library Shelves, please.

Wish 2:   Usable bookshelves at the Wayfarer Lodge with some books of interest/relevance.

[ Wish 3:  Just more books in any quantity, especially player-made material, in the mod.   8)  ]
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2020, 12:03:53 AM »
This is sort of a niche request, but it would be nice if there was a way to toggle yourself to a 'monster' faction as an (A)MPC. This would make it a bit easier for monstrous players to cooperate in mass pvp. Instead of toggling the server as hostile, and then tagging your ally as friendly (possibly in the middle of the chaotic fight that just started when toggling hostile, and possibly while some of your NPC minions have decided to attack your ally), toggling yourself to a 'monster' faction that is hostile to players but non hostile to (A)MPCs would be much more convenient.
Michelle Anciaux

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #296 on: December 17, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
Would love if there was a method for copying modded armor and garment designs onto a matching piece or armor/clothing or template.

Currently, if you want to make several outfits of the same design, you need to craft each individual garment or armor then modify each component (left bicep, right foot, torso, etc.) ad-hoc and manually, which can be very time consuming when trying to mass-produce.

I would not expect this to include colors at all - just the design selections.
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

DM Bara

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #297 on: January 01, 2021, 09:45:28 AM »
Would love if there was a method for copying modded armor and garment designs onto a matching piece or armor/clothing or template.

Currently, if you want to make several outfits of the same design, you need to craft each individual garment or armor then modify each component (left bicep, right foot, torso, etc.) ad-hoc and manually, which can be very time consuming when trying to mass-produce.

I would not expect this to include colors at all - just the design selections.

Please yes!!
Lo thar!

DM Bara

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »
The carp tool could cause less mental fits if it allowed you to preview next model instead of resetting all the options.
Lo thar!

not a pyramid scheme

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
  • The Lady of Coin
« Reply #299 on: January 01, 2021, 11:53:42 AM »
The carp tool could cause less mental fits if it allowed you to preview next model instead of resetting all the options.

This.

This this this this this this this.