You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80544 times)

FunkyMonkey

• New to the Mists
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2020, 07:52:52 PM »
A action tool on bags and boxes so they can be used on a placable. For traders, crafters and adventurers to empty full bags into whatever they wish

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2020, 08:45:54 PM »
A action tool on bags and boxes so they can be used on a placable. For traders, crafters and adventurers to empty full bags into whatever they wish

YESSSS +1,000

FunkyMonkey

• New to the Mists
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2020, 03:21:25 AM »
Variety in prices of npc merchants, drain/black market could offer better prices for necromancy items, poisons, traps, a jewellery shop in Port to offer better prices for gems and jewellery. Dvergheim to offer more for weapons, armours and shields. Just to offer a reason for folk to travel to make a extra bit of coin with their hard won findings.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
Please! Please let us put stag antlers and other creature horns into trapper packs! It makes perfect sense!

Also, please let the trapper packs hold ten items! This makes a lot of sense, especially for small furs/hides! You've already made small snakeskins fit 20, so why not 10 for at least some others?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
Please! Please let us put stag antlers and other creature horns into trapper packs! It makes perfect sense!

Also, please let the trapper packs hold ten items! This makes a lot of sense, especially for small furs/hides! You've already made small snakeskins fit 20, so why not 10 for at least some others?

I'll consider this as part of the upcoming crafting update.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2020, 02:22:29 PM »
Alteration to the disguise system to allow an "@desiguse set description add" feature to allow for longer descriptions.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »
A system to tell how many ranks of a skill a PC has, without having to get naked, remember which backgrounds were chosen at character creation, and do math on various attribute modifiers.  If this already exists, then please ignore ^.^

Edit: Someone mentioned the level up menu has this feature. Perhaps implement an option to view it, when not leveling up? Not a major concern/issue, but a potentially neat quality of life thing.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:03:36 PM by Kaninchen »

Sado

• New to the Mists
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2020, 03:28:16 PM »
A @release function on animate/create undead to make it a permanent hostile to all NPC (even yourself). Stock your own areas with hostile to everyone guards to act as mindless fodder to stand in the way of people trying to thwart your evil rituals.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:30:04 PM by Sado »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »
A @release function on animate/create undead to make it a permanent hostile to all NPC (even yourself). Stock your own areas with hostile to everyone guards to act as mindless fodder to stand in the way of people trying to thwart your evil rituals.

That'd be too prone to abuse; you can't just unleash monsters on other PCs or NPCs, and in dungeons you could then have dozens of them. MPCs have something like that but they have to apply for the template.

MoonCrower

• Outlander
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »
Clubs: Is it possible to add a weapon skin(?) to the club to have them look like antlers?

Faerie Fire: Is it possible to allow the caster to cast this spell on themselves?

Emote: Does anyone know if there is an actionable emote that puts the character in a lotus style sitting position? This would be amazing!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:36:35 PM by MoonCrower »
Active Characters:
Inan De'Rethke
Atrayix
Pierce d'Leroux
Sarkith Darskard
Envel'Wyld Tar'Talon

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2020, 11:46:36 PM »
A doorbell for the rectory of the Refuge of the Fifth Light. The [knock] function cannot be heard beyond the foyer, and player characters tend to be in one of the meeting rooms.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

firelord111

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2020, 02:08:13 AM »

That'd be too prone to abuse; you can't just unleash monsters on other PCs or NPCs, and in dungeons you could then have dozens of them. MPCs have something like that but they have to apply for the template.
Sorry that it is not a good place for it but this is still possible with stray elemental summons i once failed summon 8 times in a row in the end i had to clean it myself since my character was good aligned

Also i would like a button to silence summons so they dont cast spells
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:10:51 AM by firelord111 »

Asous

« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2020, 02:32:55 AM »
Not exactly needed but to combat the hostile message spam, maybe only limit the message to people who are in the same cell/map/whatever as you?

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2020, 09:52:12 AM »
I'd like to request that essences become stackable or atleast a tool to like a herbbag or alchemy flask to stack them.

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2020, 05:13:21 PM »

Fingers are crossed!

Glowfire

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »

Fingers are crossed!
The trapper bags holding ten would be very nice, considering the sheer amount of furs needed for the craft. I carried 100 furs the other day and 20 bags vs 10 bags is huge.
Liss Santraeger - "Life is a song. Don't be scared to sing along."
Eglantine Desrosiers - "A rose is still a rose, even if it has only one petal left."

vvolatile

• New to the Mists
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »
I know water is used for the heat/thirst mechanic in the desert. However, why can't it also restore one level of exhaustion, or impact that threshold in some way? It would make sense. Otherwise, people go through their first 12-13 levels without ever drinking a drop of water, unless some rain gets into their mouth by accident.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2020, 11:02:26 PM »
Clubs: Is it possible to add a weapon skin(?) to the club to have them look like antlers?

Faerie Fire: Is it possible to allow the caster to cast this spell on themselves?

Emote: Does anyone know if there is an actionable emote that puts the character in a lotus style sitting position? This would be amazing!

For #1 and #3, I don't think such models/animations exist. We mostly don't make our own modeling content, so unless someone made it and shared it we don't have it.

Regarding Faerie Fire, any reason why you want it? If it's to remove your invisibility, you can use @dispel invisibility which will clear it.

A doorbell for the rectory of the Refuge of the Fifth Light. The [knock] function cannot be heard beyond the foyer, and player characters tend to be in one of the meeting rooms.

Sure. I'll add that in an upcoming update.

Variety in prices of npc merchants, drain/black market could offer better prices for necromancy items, poisons, traps, a jewellery shop in Port to offer better prices for gems and jewellery. Dvergheim to offer more for weapons, armours and shields. Just to offer a reason for folk to travel to make a extra bit of coin with their hard won findings.

Unfortunately we can't modulate price based on item types; that being said most price limits/markup/markdown are set by domain with a few variations to encourage people to go to certain merchants.

A system to tell how many ranks of a skill a PC has, without having to get naked, remember which backgrounds were chosen at character creation, and do math on various attribute modifiers.  If this already exists, then please ignore ^.^

Edit: Someone mentioned the level up menu has this feature. Perhaps implement an option to view it, when not leveling up? Not a major concern/issue, but a potentially neat quality of life thing.

I may be wrong but when you're in the character selection screen upon login, you can check your unaltered stats, skills, feats, etc.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »
can we get an emote of @Lockinplace and @Unlock - This would lock the character into position, cant count how many times me or another player has suddenly burst up and across a room from a very hard position to get to, only to spend 5 mins trying to get back into it OOCly. Thanks.

don't hate me I'm smARD

• Society of the Erudite
  • New to the Mists
  • Я роняю запад.
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2020, 01:03:49 AM »
can we get an emote of @Lockinplace and @Unlock - This would lock the character into position, cant count how many times me or another player has suddenly burst up and across a room from a very hard position to get to, only to spend 5 mins trying to get back into it OOCly. Thanks.

This would be awesome for future mobile players !!
Th'rar
Lathalin Falvanti

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2020, 04:38:54 PM »
So a player asked me to make him a Mastercraft longbow today. You know the basic +1 kind. Of course I had to convey that the secret to those bows was lost. Then I asked myself why can't I make a +1 bow? Surely it is weaker than a carcass eater cobweb palm longbow?

So I thought what if you had a master level, like 50 for Bowyer, at which point you unlock a master craft option. I leave the material requirements to the Devs but I don't think a +1 bow with no mighty would throw off balance. The same of course could be done for smiths. I would not know what level to recommend as a smith master though. I'm sure MAB would have a good sense of it.
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
So a player asked me to make him a Mastercraft longbow today. You know the basic +1 kind. Of course I had to convey that the secret to those bows was lost. Then I asked myself why can't I make a +1 bow? Surely it is weaker than a carcass eater cobweb palm longbow?

So I thought what if you had a master level, like 50 for Bowyer, at which point you unlock a master craft option. I leave the material requirements to the Devs but I don't think a +1 bow with no mighty would throw off balance. The same of course could be done for smiths. I would not know what level to recommend as a smith master though. I'm sure MAB would have a good sense of it.

I agree that balance-wise this would not be an issue. I’m a little hung up on the crafting components needed for this. Whether it be bowyer, smith, whatever - what natural component could you find that’s just inherently magical. It makes sense why certain natural components are the bane of certain types of creatures. But what natural component is inherently magical against everything? Not saying it’s not possible, I just don’t see it from a Lore perspective personally. Maybe a new resource could allow for it, if that’s the direction developers want to go with the crafting system. I’m not sure that fits into the lore of the Core though. Again, definitely wouldn’t be a balance issue. 

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »
Can we get a trash can in Emmanuelle's? Preferably next to the tailoring station. Clothes that you make but don't intend to keep take up a lot of space.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »
Much like weapons being made of adamantine are considered masterwork, wooden crafts made of darkwood would also be considered masterwork and gain a +1 universal attack bonus lorewise.

If darkwood isn't on the list of materials thats going to be added soon, could make a wish for it.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »
Can we get a trash can in Emmanuelle's? Preferably next to the tailoring station. Clothes that you make but don't intend to keep take up a lot of space.

Can we also get one in the tailoring house in Vallaki please?