Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82619 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #425 on: November 22, 2018, 06:38:30 PM »
I've noticed that the door to the Broken Bell Theatre locks automatically when it is shut.

In the Wayfarer Kinship, there's always been a problem with either people forgetting to lock the door behind them, or its otherwise mysteriously being unlocked. Members have always been told to be careful about locking every door--even the internal ones, which are all lockable.

Could it be changed so that those doors lock automatically as well?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #426 on: November 22, 2018, 09:00:43 PM »
I've noticed that the door to the Broken Bell Theatre locks automatically when it is shut.

In the Wayfarer Kinship, there's always been a problem with either people forgetting to lock the door behind them, or its otherwise mysteriously being unlocked. Members have always been told to be careful about locking every door--even the internal ones, which are all lockable.

Could it be changed so that those doors lock automatically as well?

I do not think faction door should lock themselves automatically when closed for the simple reason that I believe it can be abused. Someone could very well use that as a way to survive in a PvP fight. Also, remembering to lock the door is part of the game, if your character forgets to lock it, then it expose the place to potential threat or other things that could potentially happen, which is part of the game imo. I personally believe doors that lock automatically on close should only exist in special circumstances.

Locking the door behind you is an habit to take, just ask anyone who is playing or played a guard in the past. IC punishment can happen if a guard forget to lock a door behind them. Locking doors is something that can and should be handled IC'ly, not automatically, in my opinion.

That said, if you'd like to talk about this more, I suggest you make a thread about it in the appropriate section of the forum as this thread is for reporting bug, and from what I understand, what you describe isn't a bug, unless the door to the Broken Bell Theater shouldn't be locking itself on closing.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #427 on: November 22, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »
I don't think it's anything that warrants a "long-winded discussion":

Sometimes, we miss out on some of the very basic minor bugs and misconfigurations in the heat of topics turning into principal, more long-winded discussions. As much as the latter is still relevant, I think we would still benefit from making it a bit more effective and separating the two.

And I don't disagree with any of the points you make (which is why I've never complained about how the Lodge doors work). Perhaps the issue is, then, that the Bell's door should not lock automatically?

Salty_Soykaf

• Outlander
« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2018, 12:37:57 AM »
The tailor's in Vallaki has no crafting station, and her shop doesn't have an unlimited supply of tailoring items. They're set to be only one item, so when you buy it, that's the only copy you can get. It also lacks the clothing blueprint item to produce an outfit.

EDIT: Also there's a NWN 2 building prop in the unused portion of the shop, just behind the merchant.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:07:27 AM by Salty_Soykaf »

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #429 on: November 24, 2018, 01:38:46 AM »
Spoiler: show

The benches in lounge area of the Red Vardo Traders store in Port-à-Lucine appear to have changed from Red Vardo, red to white-pink.

aka: They have gotten really faded and need to be reupholstered!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2018, 08:59:28 AM »

The benches in lounge area of the Red Vardo Traders store in Port-à-Lucine appear to have changed from Red Vardo, red to white-pink.

I think this is related to one of your graphic settings; try turning off the one that brightens everything, and see if the color is fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #431 on: November 24, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
The tailor's in Vallaki has no crafting station, and her shop doesn't have an unlimited supply of tailoring items. They're set to be only one item, so when you buy it, that's the only copy you can get. It also lacks the clothing blueprint item to produce an outfit.

EDIT: Also there's a NWN 2 building prop in the unused portion of the shop, just behind the merchant.

The building is intentional; I also already have a fix coming for the non-unlimited supplies bug and I'll re-add the crafting station.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #432 on: November 25, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »

I think this is related to one of your graphic settings; try turning off the one that brightens everything, and see if the color is fixed.

I've tried juggling a couple of graphics settings around, but can't seen to get these to return to the original color. I've also had three other people inspect them and they're seeing the pink-ish color as well. Not a big deal - but wanted to report back on it!

Chabxxu

« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:47 AM »

I've tried juggling a couple of graphics settings around, but can't seen to get these to return to the original color. I've also had three other people inspect them and they're seeing the pink-ish color as well. Not a big deal - but wanted to report back on it!

Can confirm it happened to me too

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »
Yeah, I can recreate it as well. There's little we can do about it here but I brought it to Soren's attention since he works with Beamdog on lighting.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #435 on: November 28, 2018, 09:15:39 PM »
The description for Black Hawthorn Thorns and Black Hawthorn Berries is identical and for the plant in general. This may be intentional, but the description doesn't say anything about the thorns or berries.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:17:15 PM by Iridni Ren »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2018, 12:03:23 PM »
I'll doublecheck, thanks.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2018, 01:32:11 AM »
Custom labels for containers don't seem to be calculating the # of characters correctly. I get told the label may not have more than 20 characters, even when what I typed is, for examples, 12 characters including spaces.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2018, 05:23:01 PM »
When crafting and changing a rapier's appearance, I can't go above 5 when selecting the "next" option, or below 11 when cycling through using the "previous" option. This seems to be for all top, middle and bottom sections of the weapon.

Server reset seems to have fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:37:47 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2018, 12:31:56 AM »
Can't burn my parchments on the permanent campfire in the MC.

Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »
Can't burn my parchments on the permanent campfire in the MC.

I'll fix that.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »
The tailor shopkeeper in Vallaki only sells one unit of the things she sells (i.e. you buy one wool ball and then she's out of stocks).
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #442 on: December 04, 2018, 07:07:53 AM »
If entering the OOC lounge from the OOC Main Hall and trying to return, the player is told they cannot go back through unless they entered from the Main Hall. They are then forced to enter through the white pillar which leads to the last stored location.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #443 on: December 06, 2018, 07:39:41 PM »
I noticed today that my character was getting struck unusually often by enemies.
Upon reviewing the combat logs, I noticed that foes were able to hit my character when their roll's total was far below my character's AC (24 vs. 30). They weren't rolling 20, and I wasn't flat-footed. Maybe I'm missing something, but wut?

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2018, 08:21:35 PM »
We're missing a few bits of info for that bug.

What creatures were you fighting? Do you have Blind-Fight? Uncanny Dodge? Had you been subjected to Darkness & Ultravision recently? Had you been webbed or entangled recently?

If creatures are being treated as unseen, and you don't have blind-fight / uncanny dodge, the bonus they get to hit & the automatically-treated conditions of flat-footed can help them hit you a lot more often.

This can be caused by the darkness/uv bug when darkness is cast on a player and then ultravision is cast on the player while within darkness. When ultravision fades, all other creatures become treated as unseen.

The entanglement bug is when your dexterity having been reduced to 3 while entangled, affected your AC & wasn't correctly updated back to the value it shouldve been when the entanglement wore off.

Alternatively, if the creatures you were fighting are known to use stealth, and you only are detecting them via Listen, then their first attack can be treated as an attack from an unseen opponent.

Being treated as flat-footed when an unseen creature attacks can let them hit you for values below your character sheet AC, and entanglement bug reduces what your AC should be, in short.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:24:24 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #445 on: December 06, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »
None of the above were applicable; I'm aware of all of these mechanics and bugs (and blind-fight is basically a requisite!).
The opponents were just ordinary werewolves, and earlier, ordinary crag-cats. I know these opponents do enter stealth if fleeing (or in detection range with LoS broken), but that was not the case.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:16:05 PM by Robogarda »

goldenelvensorceress

• Outlander
« Reply #446 on: December 25, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
The Strawberries and cream at the Halfling Restraint in Port are not actually set as a food item.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #447 on: December 25, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
The Strawberries and cream at the Halfling Restraint in Port are not actually set as a food item.

I'll fix this.

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
Picking up corpses while ethereal jaunt is on ports the corpses to the mist camp

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2018, 10:57:08 AM »
In Port-a-Lucine, going from Public Quartier to Western gate will transict you in other area then the usual.

(blue where you get transicted, white circle - usual)

Going back from that transiction , you end up trapped and won't be able to get out (see photo and thanks Enigma for getting me out)