Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82608 times)

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
Speaking of racial abilities, this may also be the case for racial ability Silence for whisper gnomes. It gets treated as 1round/caster level. If you're not a caster, the ability doesn't function.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:25:25 PM by HM01 »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:59 PM »
Speaking of racial abilities, this may also be the case for racial ability Silence for whisper gnomes. It gets treated as 1round/caster level. If you're not a caster, the ability doesn't function.

I'll also fix that.

Jello!

• New to the Mists
« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2018, 09:52:00 PM »
The racial ability of Longstrider doesn't work on Athasian Elves

Good catch. This will be fixed (along with a few other racial abilities at the same time).

Would it make more sense to instead of the longstrider ability, to have the endurance feat? Given their stamina to run and setting they live in.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2018, 09:57:05 PM »
Would it make more sense to instead of the longstrider ability, to have the endurance feat? Given their stamina to run and setting they live in.

They already get a bonus vs exhaustion.

Jello!

• New to the Mists
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »
Oh didn't know that!

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »
NPCs at the Angler's Dive still speak to my Barovian PC as though he's an Outlander.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2018, 02:11:36 AM »
The guard barracks in the slums- we think the NPCs may be opening the door, since I often find it unlocked and or ajar (a few times directly after a reset).
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2018, 05:46:08 PM »
I keep randomly finding my Garda marked as jailed. So has another Garda. I didn't notice when it happened, but upon reset, the scrying pool told me my only available location was X because I was jailed.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2018, 02:05:01 AM »
I keep randomly finding my Garda marked as jailed. So has another Garda. I didn't notice when it happened, but upon reset, the scrying pool told me my only available location was X because I was jailed.

Did you log out in a cell?
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2018, 02:09:24 AM »
Nope! Logged out at The Angler's Dive, which was my 'only available location'.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »

I'll fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
The guard barracks in the slums- we think the NPCs may be opening the door, since I often find it unlocked and or ajar (a few times directly after a reset).

I'll try to fix this.

dark_majico

« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2018, 09:40:26 AM »
Barovian Wardens.

The Barovian Wardens in the Shores of Lake Zarovitch says...

"Enjoy your stay, but leave the animals alone"

This seems out of character, a Barovia Warden is a tough outdoorsman who has to patrol to keep the area safe from poachers, bandits, and Were creatures appearing just as the sun sets, although they don't patrol at night I think their is some legitimate danger for them from this. Saying "Enjoy your stay" makes me feel they are park rangers in a holiday destination. A small conversation telling players not to dare poach or cause trouble seems like a more natural thing for them to say.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #413 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:14 AM »
I often find that my sneak attacks aren't triggering properly, even when all conditions are met.

My character is within the correct distance.
I have tried dis-engaging and re-engaging the opponent.
At no point did the sneak-vulnerable opponent switch its focus to my character.
I was not able to land a sneak attack on any opponent for the remainder of combat (not only that flurry).

Here's the example. I got a sneak. The character moved to another location for better targeting. Suddenly, no sneaks.

Spoiler: show

I have noticed this is happening very often against many different types of opponents.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the first attack in a round is not always a sneak. Sometimes they don't fire off, period, even when my character is not and has never been the target for the opponent, and the monster is engaged in combat with another character.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:45:59 AM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #414 on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:54 AM »
When making copper arrowheads with multiple templates and copper ingots on the anvil, having the item 'Copper Arrowheads' on the anvil prevents further crafting, returning the message 'Improper or lacking ingredients in crafting station.'

Upon removing the copper arrowheads from the anvil so that only the template and copper ingots remain, one can resume crafting.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:25 PM »
Docks of Vallaki. South facing entrance to the Angler's Dive is facing the wrong way, so you always end up behind the door and facing the building upon exiting.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #416 on: October 14, 2018, 09:14:16 AM »
Docks of Vallaki. South facing entrance to the Angler's Dive is facing the wrong way, so you always end up behind the door and facing the building upon exiting.

Thanks, I'll fix this.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »
Regarding the Relevel Crystal and the @deity command.

I used the relevel crystal to set my deity today. Leveled me to 1, as it should, went along to level 2 but when it came time to set my deity I did what I was supposed to and nothing happened. No confirmation that my deity was set and no leveling up. I am stuck at level 2. Let me clarify this...I LOST ALL OF MY XP AND IT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE COMING BACK.

Any help or advice would be grand! Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:35:22 PM by Little Lotte »

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »
Regarding the Relevel Crystal and the @deity command.

I used the relevel crystal to set my deity today. Leveled me to 1, as it should, went along to level 2 but when it came time to set my deity I did what I was supposed to and nothing happened. No confirmation that my deity was set and no leveling up. I am stuck at level 2. Let me clarify this...I LOST ALL OF MY XP AND IT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE COMING BACK.

Any help or advice would be grand! Thank you!

If this happens to anyone else. Please just keep your cool (unlike I did) and relog. It fixes it. Thank you Wrath and EO.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »
Apostrophes and commas don't seem to parse properly when copied from a document and pasted into the NWN chat box. After pasting, they all vanish from the chat line.
I tried using Word and Notepad++ with the same results.

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
« Reply #420 on: October 26, 2018, 02:10:47 AM »
Apostrophes and commas don't seem to parse properly when copied from a document and pasted into the NWN chat box. After pasting, they all vanish from the chat line.
I tried using Word and Notepad++ with the same results.

Either do text emoji faces, I found this out the hard way.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
« Reply #421 on: October 26, 2018, 04:30:48 AM »
Mucked around a bit more with that. Sometimes I can get commas to work, but apostrophes, never!

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
I just had a bad time in the death plane. lag is so bad there it takes a good while to get out. The scripts were messed up in there also talking about invalid tokens.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
I just had a bad time in the death plane. lag is so bad there it takes a good while to get out. The scripts were messed up in there also talking about invalid tokens.

Petre is showing me the unrecognized token script now.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »
Hi, my character Agnès Gauthier died, but when she died, I got a black screen and can't see anything.

I can see now but her body is in the Near Ethereal.

Thanks Drekavac!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:59:18 PM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo