You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82587 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »
When a dialogue is started with Nadia Ionelus, she runs away and sits in Simona Grecu's lap. (City Hall, Citadel).

I'll fix that.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2018, 12:29:55 AM »
I can drag Healing Circle III to a quick slot without praying for it (i.e., "spontaneous cast" healing).

It doesn't work for Healing Circle IV.

This may be how it's supposed to work, but I can't figure out why that would be the case.

According to this: https://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Spontaneous_cast you can't spontaneously cast healing spells on levels where you have a bonus domain spell.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:42:24 PM by EO »

Haered Gwend

• New to the Mists
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2018, 09:45:04 PM »
In the upstairs of the bookshop in Vallaki, one of the rooms has a bucket. The bucket functions like a light.

Use it, the room brightens. Use it again, the room darkens.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »
In the upstairs of the bookshop in Vallaki, one of the rooms has a bucket. The bucket functions like a light.

Use it, the room brightens. Use it again, the room darkens.

Will fix.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice ŕ la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »
An unidentifiable corpse finds its way into the walls of the Sanctuary of Blessed Succor, laid on the upon the floor infront of Father Miklos. It's origin and identity a mystery to many - The Church invites any that may have information on the deceased and the circumstances involved to please come forth and share what they know.

Spoiler: show
ping me here or on discord, or send a tell to Anghel Vantu in game.

HM01 and I were talking about this in Discord, and apparently no DM knows anything about how this corpse came to be there? It's not a standard corpse in that it acts as though it can be raised, but it's not a PC. When you use it on the priest, you are informed of that, but its description says the corpse *can* be raised for the proper amount of gold.

Just to throw a possible explanation out there until a better comes along:

My PC was badly impaired and then her party tried to use a Lesser Orb of the Mists on her, which naturally didn't work. Her corpse was brought to the VoB temple and raised. Thereafter I logged out for the night.

When I next logged in, that corpse was in front of the priest.

My PC functions fine, but I'm wondering if something in that sequence might have caused the corpse artifact to appear.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
HM01 and I were talking about this in Discord, and apparently no DM knows anything about how this corpse came to be there? It's not a standard corpse in that it acts as though it can be raised, but it's not a PC. When you use it on the priest, you are informed of that, but its description says the corpse *can* be raised for the proper amount of gold.

Just to throw a possible explanation out there until a better comes along:

My PC was badly impaired and then her party tried to use a Lesser Orb of the Mists on her, which naturally didn't work. Her corpse was brought to the VoB temple and raised. Thereafter I logged out for the night.

When I next logged in, that corpse was in front of the priest.

My PC functions fine, but I'm wondering if something in that sequence might have caused the corpse artifact to appear.

I looked into this and it is a far more mundane explanation than anything above.  It is a corpse item, unaffiliated with a player and accessible by the DMs through the item palette.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2018, 02:22:44 AM »

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2018, 02:25:55 AM »
Yesterday it was month 11 in game, now it's month 5. What!
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #358 on: July 28, 2018, 03:25:44 AM »
Suddenly we have summer and spring herbs at once. Maybe a rollback?

Netrial

• Outlander
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2018, 12:33:19 AM »
Should be self explanatory, after you read it ^^
(Amber-)Marie Eurus, Sil Twilblin

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »
Whot!?!? o.O must have been drunk doing that one. WIll fix
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #361 on: August 03, 2018, 12:54:28 AM »
When the background selection in the New Character Area is cancelled due to a crash upon entering the server (or accidentally), there's no way to bring it back up again.
I remember DM Tarokka and I were struggling with this a while.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
Hi, I was doing some inventory management when the server crashed. I lost quite a few items that my buddy had given me, and they're not in his inventory. However, I specifically -saved- my character before I started sorting things into boxes. However, when the server came back up, all of the items he had given me were gone, including the boxes I had bought and labelled to start sorting. Some of the items in question were valuable, and we need them back.

I was hoping my saved character could be used to overwrite the character currently in the vault.

My character: Verent Ogders (bestbardna)
My buddy's character: Perin Hille (Thaylorn)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:57:26 PM by bestbardna »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
Hi, I was doing some inventory management when the server crashed. I lost quite a few items that my buddy had given me, and they're not in his inventory. However, I specifically -saved- my character before I started sorting things into boxes. However, when the server came back up, all of the items he had given me were gone, including the boxes I had bought and labelled to start sorting. Some of the items in question were valuable, and we need them back.

I was hoping my saved character could be used to overwrite the character currently in the vault.

My character: Verent Ogders (bestbardna)
My buddy's character: Perin Hille (Thaylorn)

We unfortunately do not do those kinds of things as there are no way to know what someone could have done to their saved character and the high risk of cheating involve into this. To save your character you should use the save option specially made to save your character on the server and not on your localvault.

If you have a screen shot of the item you lost a DM can give them back to you, if not, you can always make a request in the Generic Request thread, though item are usually not given back without a proof you truly had them.

It's very likely you lost your items for good if you don't have a screenshot, it's something that happens to everyone at some point, we then learn to save the character (on the server) every once in a while or after trading items, etc. There is unfortunately nothing else that can be done.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
I believe he said he saved, but it didn’t stick. This sometimes happens with crashes, unfortunately. The best way to prevent it is simply to log out and back in.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I believe he said he saved, but it didn’t stick. This sometimes happens with crashes, unfortunately. The best way to prevent it is simply to log out and back in.

From what I understood he saved it in his local vault. I can be mistaken though.

Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2018, 09:41:40 PM »
Nope, I saved it using the save command in the radial, not the export character option in the menu.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2018, 09:43:39 PM »
Nope, I saved it using the save command in the radial, not the export character option in the menu.

Ah! Well Arawn's is right then. As he said, best way to be certain is to log out and back in after.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
The hope is that manually saved characters are saved in a backup vault and can overwrite characters in the new vault

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #369 on: August 06, 2018, 11:56:41 PM »
Recently I've hostiled other PCs twice. I didn't notice the countdown when I did so, alerting me to enough time had passed so it was okay to attack them.

Seeing as how I'm not the most experienced PvPer this could be me, but if it's a bug, I thought I'd call attention to it.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #370 on: August 07, 2018, 12:24:50 AM »
Recently I've hostiled other PCs twice. I didn't notice the countdown when I did so, alerting me to enough time had passed so it was okay to attack them.

Seeing as how I'm not the most experienced PvPer this could be me, but if it's a bug, I thought I'd call attention to it.

It depends on how you hostile them. If you hostile via the player list that yellow text saying "10 seconds have passed..." will not display. If you hostile them via the tool in your radial menu it should give you the message.

Also, that 10 second thing isn't a rule but a suggested amount of time.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #371 on: August 07, 2018, 12:26:56 AM »
Ah. Thank you! That explains it.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
Krofburg Minor Seam respawn

Over the life of today and some yesterday this has been an ongoing issue. Seems the seams dont respawn as often as they should or at least the particular one I am dealing with. Half hour will pass or more. Still wont show up. No one on the map. And it has been played with to check it. Giving longer and longer times to respawn in without success up to and including 1 hour real time. Eventually gave it 3 hrs and it spawned in. As I understand it should be much less than that

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2018, 07:13:24 PM »
Krofburg Minor Seam respawn

Over the life of today and some yesterday this has been an ongoing issue. Seems the seams dont respawn as often as they should or at least the particular one I am dealing with. Half hour will pass or more. Still wont show up. No one on the map. And it has been played with to check it. Giving longer and longer times to respawn in without success up to and including 1 hour real time. Eventually gave it 3 hrs and it spawned in. As I understand it should be much less than that

Did you stand close to it? It spawns when you get close.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
Yes walked all around there but especially around the small claim stone.