You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82590 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2017, 10:47:35 PM »
If you are playing an elf and talk to the Vallaki warehouse manager asking for delivery work it immediately jumps to supplying instead.

If your OcR is too high he won't offer you jobs but will let you supply him with some things; that's not a bug.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »
There was very odd thing with Greater Sanctuary spell.
I was not able repeat this bug but I will left about it here.

For some reasons when I hostiled few characters and tried walk near in GS spell - they was able to see me.
Even more, attacking under GS spell not breaking GS effect and other characters was not able to target my own character.
But picking up item was breaking spell.

I thought what it may be somehow connected with timestop spell since now caster visible under this spell.
After casting timestop spell and then casting Greater Sanctuary(in timestop) it seems all returns to normal.

I tried to relog in game and repeat Greater Sanctuary spell again and it worked well.
I asked another wizard to cast GS spell and it was also all working well.

Not sure what triggered and broke my Greater Sanctuary spell. But something did so.

Again this bug happened with me as my character casted extended GS spell - character was still visible for hostile players and spell was not breaking after attacking character or bashing something.
And again after casting timestop spell - this bug is fixed and not repeats.
I may suspect what extended GS after server reset my cause such bug. I will try recreate it after next reset.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2017, 06:23:34 AM »
Slow effect from Acid Fog spell not fades when target walks out from this spell. Character (or traget) remains slowed until rest or freedom spell/potion.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
So this happened:

Spoiler: show

I didn't say anything, but the text in the text box appeared both in my text box and over my sprite's head (not positive about the second since it's not in the screen capture, but I think it did).

As you can tell, I'd just passed through the Mists and was under Greater Sanctuary. I knelt to pick an herb, and the text spontaneously appeared afterward. One player suggested it might be an accidental voice emote, but when I clicked on my tiny portrait, it showed my identity, whereas voice emotes don't do that. Plus, the text is written like a Barovian speaking.

Could have been that a DM was messing with me, which is fine, but it seemed more like a very weird bug because I don't know why a DM would do that, and no flavor text appeared to indicate a DM was around.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2017, 01:02:42 AM »
This might not match what happen to you entirely but I have experienced something lose to that. I had been beating on a pratice dummy when a player messaged me it show I had attacked them in their combat log. No damaged had actually been dealt or attacks hit despite it saying the contrary in the log, Sometime under periods of lag or packet loss I have attacks go to character or NPCs I'm no where near. Perhaps this might be the same thing but for voice emotes?

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2017, 01:17:12 AM »
Sounds like a reasonable explanation (though I think someone typed it, rather than emoted it, because of the lowercase "i" at the beginning).

Derkot has also reported some weird bugs lately with GS, which is another reason I posted it.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
So this happened:

I didn't say anything, but the text in the text box appeared both in my text box and over my sprite's head (not positive about the second since it's not in the screen capture, but I think it did).

As you can tell, I'd just passed through the Mists and was under Greater Sanctuary. I knelt to pick an herb, and the text spontaneously appeared afterward. One player suggested it might be an accidental voice emote, but when I clicked on my tiny portrait, it showed my identity, whereas voice emotes don't do that. Plus, the text is written like a Barovian speaking.

Another player in another area at the time has confirmed through PM that his PC said the text that appeared to come from my PC.

julienchab

« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
Maybe it was a DM that missclick a voice emote?

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
No My char Said that

AbraxasTH

• Outlander
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2017, 01:27:26 AM »
DM Brimstone helped me change my cleric of Majere's domains to Good / Law today, upon doing so and discussing what these changes to my domains meant ability wise, we noticed that Fear is listed as a Cleric [1] spell as well as a Cleric Law [1] Spell. It does not appear to be quick-castable like the healing domain system (sacrifice an equal level spell to cast an unprepared heal). Is this intentional or is this an oversight? Thought it would be worth bringing up

Furthermore: Upon changing from Healing domain I retained the ability to caste cure serious wounds at a lower level without having that domain. A DM saw me do this, and I said I would report it and remove it from my quickcast bar
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:17:38 AM by AbraxasTH »

SpaceHam

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2017, 01:55:25 AM »
DM Brimstone helped me change my cleric of Majere's domains to Good / Law today, upon doing so and discussing what these changes to my domains meant ability wise, we noticed that Fear is listed as a Cleric [1] spell as well as a Cleric Law [1] Spell. It does not appear to be quick-castable like the healing domain system (sacrifice an equal level spell to cast an unprepared heal). Is this intentional or is this an oversight? Thought it would be worth bringing up

Domain spells cannot be spontaneously exchanged for healing or harm spells!
Characters:
Tristyn Ondar: Dweomerkeeper of Mystra
Casavel Aelorothi - Feywarden of Corellon Larethian
Kythaela Orifiel: Degannwyian protectress and ranger
Qyral Sundervoss: Star-elf Sorcerer Supreme

AbraxasTH

• Outlander
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »

Domain spells cannot be spontaneously exchanged for healing or harm spells!

not what im saying, im saying the domain gives two copies of the spell remove fear to the cleric. There is no difference between the two.

snowfox

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2017, 01:06:26 PM »
It is intentional, but its implementation within nwn is somewhat strange - under usual rules a cleric has a domain spell slot on each spell level (so 9 in total if he gets that high), in which he has to prepare one of his two domain spells of that level. These might be duplicates, they might be spells a cleric normally doesn't get access to, that doesn't matter. These domain slots can also not be converted into healing spells. This, translated to our systems, results in you being able to prepare your domain spells as much as you want, but you cannot convert them even if they're usually cleric spells, or atleast that's how I remember it.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »
It is intentional, but its implementation within nwn is somewhat strange - under usual rules a cleric has a domain spell slot on each spell level (so 9 in total if he gets that high), in which he has to prepare one of his two domain spells of that level. These might be duplicates, they might be spells a cleric normally doesn't get access to, that doesn't matter. These domain slots can also not be converted into healing spells. This, translated to our systems, results in you being able to prepare your domain spells as much as you want, but you cannot convert them even if they're usually cleric spells, or atleast that's how I remember it.

That makes sense. Because clerics on POTM lose the domain slot, domain spells for spells the cleric already has (and at the same level) are useless.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2017, 09:14:51 PM »
not what im saying, im saying the domain gives two copies of the spell remove fear to the cleric. There is no difference between the two.

Good catch; it's something we meant to fix in 2015 but somehow it got forgotten. I'll replace it with Clarity at level 1.

• New to the Mists
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post. Last night I accidentally attacked Petre instead or bartering, so Vistani are now rednamed for Nephthys. Could it be fixed? :roll:
(Tip: stop playing when you are already falling asleep)

And while I am here... the "Domains and Other Worlds" book in the OOC library lists removed skills in the "Native Characters" sections (bluff, craft weapon and so on). Wouldn't it be more appropriate to adjust the descriptions to the server to avoid confusion to new players?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:38:47 AM by nephthys »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post. Last night I accidentally attacked Petre instead or bartering, so Vistani are now rednamed for Nephthys. Could it be fixed? :roll:
(Tip: stop playing when you are already falling asleep)

This part you should post in the Generic Requests thread :)

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11329.0

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #242 on: January 01, 2018, 07:05:55 PM »
In the Merriment in the Tent City, if you ask for Ciphered Inventories for the Drain, Ciuruc agrees, but what you receive is actually Fresh Fish for Gauthier in the Tent City.

buyonegetonefree

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »
Slow effect from Acid Fog spell not fades when target walks out from this spell. Character (or traget) remains slowed until rest or freedom spell/potion.

This. After character leaving area of Acid Fog spell it still suffers from movement penalty. Bug can't be fixed via relog. Resting and freedom spell help.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »
Jackdaws and squirrels still have a chip on their shoulder with doors in Degannwy, including the entrance gate. Their AI has them bashing them in order to pass through.

Faction issue.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »

Thanks; I'll fix this.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
Hey, noticed one of my items that got accepted into the server, the Blackmoon Hide, doesn't have the description I wrote! It's just the default one.

Description should read as follows -

Item Name: Blackmoon Hide
Item Type: Armor (hide armor)

Description:  Dreaded tales tell of a great wolf that once terrorized the region of Verbrek known as the Mourning Ridge, a jagged spine of wooded hills that dominate the area near the source of the Ulvflod River and hug the edge of the southern border with Sithicus.

The massive wolf, black as pitch and larger than a drafthorse prowled along the scattered hamlets that clung to the edge of the Ulvflod, causing havoc and death in its wake each autumn. Verbrekers in the region long dreaded the coming of the beastly creature, which they called "The Harvester", as it came nearly to the day at the time of their meager end of the year harvests.

A group of Outlander adventurers passing through the region heard of the local plight, and swore that they would take it upon themselves to rid the area of the great wolf. A long hunt ensued, lasting over many weeks. Each time the adventurers thought they were closing on the wolf, it managed to evading them, blending into the dark woods with an uncanny ease.

After much strife, the adventurers eventually came across the den of the beast, and slew it in a hard-fought battle amongst the ancient and fog-strewn pines. A ranger amongst the group, skilled in the ways of leatherworking, noted the properties of the hide of the monstrous creature, and skinned it then and there.

Unfortunately, when the adventurers returned to the hamlet from which they heard of the Harvester, they found it utterly destroyed... a pack of lycanthropes evidently had ravaged it, slaughtering the inhabitants to the last woman and child. Revenge, perhaps, for the killing of the great Harvester wolf.

Sets of darkly toned armor such as these are said to be from the hide of The Harvester, and indeed, their coloring is as black as pitch and extremely difficult to see in dark lighting. Very supple, they are quite effective at stalking through the woods, letting one slip quietly over branches or rocks.

This oversight will be corrected shortly.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Jamila

• New to the Mists
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »
In the Merriment in the Tent City, if you ask for Ciphered Inventories for the Drain, Ciuruc agrees, but what you receive is actually Fresh Fish for Gauthier in the Tent City.

If you pretty much take any job from him, the results you get are other things with other rewards. Ask for silver for 1,000? Get suspicious meat for 150... etc. etc. He's all broken.

• New to the Mists
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
The cost of kunai, chakram and shuriken in the Curiosities from Abroad shop is shown as 0 GP, despite that the vendor is getting (correctly) 1 GP upon buying those.

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »

This. After character leaving area of Acid Fog spell it still suffers from movement penalty. Bug can't be fixed via relog. Resting and freedom spell help.
The spell also slows PC's in the ghost state...