You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82632 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 06:11:46 AM »
The Mummy's Shroud Sling is still worth only one gold.

Should it be changed though? How about considering merchants being wary to obtain it due to the thing's sinister nature?

Mountain Morels are routinely spawning in deeply embedded into the ground; you can still loot them, but they're invisible without tabspam.

We'll need you to be more precise, identifying in which zones it happens, and to pinpoint the location of the resources on the mini-maps. No need to spam it here, you can send it to me by PM.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:26:56 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 06:16:25 AM »
I am (pretty sure) I saw the dagger named 'The Dark Emissary' in an NPC's shop with updated (functional) Wounding properties (DC-14).
However, those possessed by several of my characters still have the broken ones that list Wounding as a property, but with no DC, rendering them useless for that purpose.
Do I need to get them manually swapped out?

Yes, the dagger's properties were adjusted and you can ask for a DM to replace the incorrect ones. A similar fix is coming soon for the "Bachelor's Leather" armor, where it will have the intended +2 AC vs shapechangers, instead of +2 AB vs them. Of late, Honed Razoraxes were also corrected, a +1 AB added to the properties.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:18:05 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:05 PM »
The spell Delusions of Grandeur (Bard/Wiz-Sorc 2) is an Enchantment spell, but is listed on the PotM Wiki as Illusion. Both cannot be right.

The spell Wrack may have some problems. Wiz's/Sorcs can use scrolls of Wrack, but it cannot be added to a Wizards Spellbook as it is not an arcane spell?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
The wiki is not maintained by the PotM staff. It is a collective effort by the community. Some unintended errors may creep in sometimes. Feel free to correct the wiki.

We'll have a look at the wrack scroll and adjust if need be. It's not always a mistake though. Some scrolls can be used by all classes.
Best Regards!
MAB

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
Before you make a change to the wiki, this may warrant a bit more investigation. According to the 3.5 spell compendium  (pg 63) delusions of grandeur is an illusion spell. Is it possible the spell description doesn't match the spell?

Edit: I double checked it on the dev forums, it should be illusion.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:51:00 PM by brimstonebane »

Night of Reod

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
Wrack spell only exists as a scroll, no class has it in their spell list. I don't know if this is intentional or a mishap.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
Wrack spell only exists as a scroll, no class has it in their spell list. I don't know if this is intentional or a mishap.

There are two or three spells like this. AFAIK it is intentional.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »

After verifications. I confirm the wrack scroll is working as intended, and that it is also intentional that no classes has it in its spell list.
Best Regards!
MAB

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:14 AM »
The OOC Lounge door/transition from the OOC Main Hall area seems to be entirely missing.

The "Your Community Council" pedestal also needs to be updated.

dark_majico

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 05:33:34 AM »
There are two, possibly three 'Invisible objects' in Barovia; Lake Zarovitch, south western shore. They are seats on logs, I think fallen log would be a better title for them, they probably also have the description You look around you but see nothing suspicious

julienchab

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2017, 08:03:08 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/6yFvF

Unable to renew the stay at the Hotel Governor, even if nobody is in the room, and I have the gold needed. Yesterday night it used to tell me how much it would cost, and now I only get that "unrecognize token" message.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »

Unable to renew the stay at the Hotel Governor, even if nobody is in the room, and I have the gold needed. Yesterday night it used to tell me how much it would cost, and now I only get that "unrecognize token" message.

I made some changes to that conversation, which caused this. I'll have it fixed in my next update.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
There is an abandoned inn with a usable bucket right inside the door. Using it turns on a light effect. A lit bucket. The area is Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn - Inside.
Upstairs, in the middle room is an armoire that is 90% sunken into the floor.
Also, the doors upstairs like to close themselves and lock? Might've just been a DM with that bit though.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
There is an abandoned inn with a usable bucket right inside the door. Using it turns on a light effect. A lit bucket. The area is Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn - Inside.
Also, the doors upstairs like to close themselves and lock? Might've just been a DM with that bit though.

The sunken armoire might be an issue, we'll have a look at it. But for the rest... well, maybe you ought to question why the place is abandoned in the first place? ;)
Best Regards!
MAB

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 01:46:21 AM »

The sunken armoire might be an issue, we'll have a look at it. But for the rest... well, maybe you ought to question why the place is abandoned in the first place? ;)

I can understand the doors being haunted. But a bucket that lights up? Heh.

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2017, 03:33:59 AM »
Also, at the Vistani camp in the outskirts, it seems like the night spawning bats are setting off the Vistani into buff-mania mode. It's a bit silly.

julienchab

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2017, 08:53:35 AM »

I made some changes to that conversation, which caused this. I'll have it fixed in my next update.

Also when you rent a Guest suite, it says the cost will be 500, but charge 1500

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:17 AM »
Also some 'Invisible Objects' in   :    'Barovia - Lake Zarovich  - Southwestern Shore'.

I would also be extremely grateful if the animations for the Asian musical instruments are fixed, to be held like other musical instruments, and not as 'weapons' at the toon's side.

It would also be nice if, once fixed, some of these models were made into names items with + to perform, though perhaps this one should go to the 'item request' thread. :)
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »

Are you sure? Here's the text you should receive when trying to rent a guest suite (not a Traveller's suite):

Bien sûr. I normally have four guest suites available. They are quite comfortable and perfect for longer stays in our magnificient city. The cost of this luxurious suite is of fifteen hundred solars per week. If you want, I can find you an available room or you may tell me which one you would prefer and I will see if it is available. Alors, what will it be <Sir/Madam>?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »

I'll fix the armoire and the bucket. As for the doors, I don't know what may be causing it. There's no reason it would happen there without a DM present but I may have missed something.

Edit: Found the problem with the doors and will fix.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:55:53 PM by EO »

julienchab

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

Are you sure? Here's the text you should receive when trying to rent a guest suite (not a Traveller's suite):

Bien sûr. I normally have four guest suites available. They are quite comfortable and perfect for longer stays in our magnificient city. The cost of this luxurious suite is of fifteen hundred solars per week. If you want, I can find you an available room or you may tell me which one you would prefer and I will see if it is available. Alors, what will it be <Sir/Madam>?

Yeah, I'm sure, I've been renting the rooms for a while, and that,s why I was surprise when the text was saying 500 solars, and was charged 1500. Wanted to point it out as it seems to be like that since we cannot renew the room until the rent is over.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure, I've been renting the rooms for a while, and that,s why I was surprise when the text was saying 500 solars, and was charged 1500. Wanted to point it out as it seems to be like that since we cannot renew the room until the rent is over.

Ah yes, found it. Will also fix for next update.

julienchab

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2017, 11:58:50 AM »

Ah yes, found it. Will also fix for next update.

Nevermind that, mistake on my part.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:37:16 PM by Chabxxu »

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 06:12:13 AM »
Just saw a piece of normal paper, written on by a pc, being sold at the mist vardo for 920 gold (estimated price 1000/1563). that can't be right.

As it might be a explode, DM please ask if you want screen shots.
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:25:45 PM by ㅤㅤㅤ »