Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82622 times)

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 07:17:22 AM »
Silver Wind Fire Wheel: This weapon has the special property of Armor Bonus vs Shapechanger +1 AC instead of an attack bonus, as the description seems to indicate.

Edited to add:

Also noticed something about Copper Throwing Axes. A stack of 50 weighs absolutely nothing. Weight: 0.0. Might be an oversight? I know we made most throwing axes weigh about 1/10th of what they used to so folks would use them. These things went a bit over board. Though I do remember some Akiri throwing axes that weren't lowered in weight yet as of a couple weeks ago. A stack was 250 pounds or so.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:40:38 PM by ethinos »
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

julienchab

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 05:07:36 AM »
Ball lightning doesn't seem to take into account the bonus saves vs spells from Protection from spells nor spellcraft.

Night of Reod

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 05:59:03 AM »
I believe that is a problem with the engine as the same thing happens with a lot of similar spells, such as Delayed Blast Fireball or Storm of Vengance.

julienchab

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 06:28:29 AM »
I believe that is a problem with the engine as the same thing happens with a lot of similar spells, such as Delayed Blast Fireball or Storm of Vengance.

I've only really realize it with ball lightning, but ill teat delayed fireball when i log in later. For storm of vengeance, i got caught in the spell this week, and i thought it took into account the +8, since my saves were so high. Would need to test it again though.

Night of Reod

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 06:10:37 AM »
I believe it might just be spellcraft that doesn't work for Storm of Vengance, but I haven't tasted it in detail because my experiences with SoV so far have been rather hectic. I can confirm that both PFS and Spellcraft doesn't work for Delayed Fireball however.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:08:32 AM by Night of Reod »

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
The Smithy at the Barovia Mt. Baratak Mining Camp is locked. I'm sure there are IC reasons for this, but the door can be picked, and the smith can be spoken too without problem. However, the bug is that the door cannot be bashed or crowbarred.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 09:18:52 PM »
Tailoring bench in Vallaki will not accept 4 silk, 2 wool and pattern to make Silk lined wool clothing. Tailor bench at elf camp actually works for this recipe

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Song of Danta

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:13 PM »
The model for medium green slimes is bigger than the model for large green slimes.

Song of Danta

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 03:06:20 AM »
Stored weaponry can be gilded.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 06:17:37 AM »
Thugs and Mobsters in Port-a-Lucine have been equipping fancy clothing if it's spawned in their inventory as loot instead of their armour.
It is quite hilarious.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »
I like it, actually. It's like they beat up a noble and stole such to wear as a trophy!

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 10:50:11 AM »
The last line of the herb Giogrio's Omen reads 'for it's supposed ability to protect against the Necromancy'. The 'the' is redundant. 'protect against Necromancy' works  just fine.

The poison Whisper Spider Poison doesn't follow the naming convention for poisons. It should be 'Poison, Whisper Spider Poison' instead.

Song of Danta

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 12:56:32 AM »
So, a bug I described in Discord a week ago reared its ugly head again today.

Here is a breakdown of what happens:
My inventory vanishes. It is different to lag in that I am experiencing no stalling when entering dialogue into the chat box, and my inventory is immediately responsive when I use the radial to un-equip an item. I am confident of this because I play PotM on a ridiculously high ping and can compare this to the usual (horrendous) lag I get.
My carried:carry limit is still there and correct., and when I do un-equip an item, it jumps to the tab where it would have been placed, but nothing appears. At all.
Examining items comes up with a blank box, except for this:

Lol, what. Note that I haven't timed out, either, since I can still enter dialogue and have it pop up for others.

Then, the game freaks out and crashes shortly thereafter. Is this client-side, or a server problem?

AME WOING M
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:58:35 AM by Gavin Mace »

Song of Danta

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 05:25:30 AM »
Similar circumstances today, but... this happened:

Then the game crashed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:27:23 AM by Gavin Mace »

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2016, 05:52:24 AM »
The Crawler in the Drain still references Vesur in his dialogue despite the undead faction merchant having been gone a long time ago.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
I don't know how easy it would be to fix, but Asian-style instruments seem to have incorrect animations on them - held down at the side, like a weapon, rather than held up to play them, like other musical instruments. In particular:

Erhu  (and Erhu bow)

Dizi

(possibly come others)

Since my only active PC at the moment is an 'RP only' bard from medieval China, it would be a real boon to have these functioning properly.  Thanks!  :)

Edit: also Masquerade mask seems to have the same problem, though I remember it functioning fine (i.e. being held up properly) some time ago.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 06:54:20 AM by Inti »
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »
There is a small square to the right of the fishing lodge, patio style. When you step on them you become frozen. The dire wolves that were chasing me took full advantage. If a dm could return my character to life and return his things I would appreciate it.

Character: Boris Dipsecu
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:14:17 AM by Purple Heart »
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
The Smithy at the Barovia Mt. Baratak Mining Camp is locked. I'm sure there are IC reasons for this, but the door can be picked, and the smith can be spoken too without problem. However, the bug is that the door cannot be bashed or crowbarred.

I'll just remove the Lock. It makes little sense anyway at this point.

The model for medium green slimes is bigger than the model for large green slimes.

Will fix in my next update.

The Crawler in the Drain still references Vesur in his dialogue despite the undead faction merchant having been gone a long time ago.

Will fix in my next update.

The last line of the herb Giogrio's Omen reads 'for it's supposed ability to protect against the Necromancy'. The 'the' is redundant. 'protect against Necromancy' works  just fine.

The poison Whisper Spider Poison doesn't follow the naming convention for poisons. It should be 'Poison, Whisper Spider Poison' instead.

Will fix both in my next update.

There is a small square to the right of the fishing lodge, patio style. When you step on them you become frozen. The dire wolves that were chasing me took full advantage. If a dm could return my character to life and return his things I would appreciate it.

Could you post a screenshot?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »
Silver Wind Fire Wheel: This weapon has the special property of Armor Bonus vs Shapechanger +1 AC instead of an attack bonus, as the description seems to indicate.

I'll fix it in the next update.

Song of Danta

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »
Just an addendum: black puddings also have the wrong size model. I'm not sure about ochre/gray ooze.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 11:14:39 PM »
Just an addendum: black puddings also have the wrong size model. I'm not sure about ochre/gray ooze.

I've fixed the others for my next update (it affected almost all of the medium size ones).

julienchab

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »
Not sure if it's an issue, but hte couple last times I went to the Forest Fane, there was no ogres, even on max spawn!

Song of Danta

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
I am (pretty sure) I saw the dagger named 'The Dark Emissary' in an NPC's shop with updated (functional) Wounding properties (DC-14).
However, those possessed by several of my characters still have the broken ones that list Wounding as a property, but with no DC, rendering them useless for that purpose.
Do I need to get them manually swapped out?

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »
The Mummy's Shroud Sling is still worth only one gold.
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 05:55:03 AM »
Mountain Morels are routinely spawning in deeply embedded into the ground; you can still loot them, but they're invisible without tabspam.