You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82594 times)

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2017, 03:42:08 AM »
I think the warding incantations provide the dodge bonus

Building out off the mists

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:22 AM »
Fair enough. I'm certainly glad it has the extra feature, but it struck me as weird for the overall item.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
I'll fix the typos in the flavour text. As modderpunk mentioned, the "warding" covers the Dodge bonus.

Song of Danta

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
Gundula Mandelbaum in the Mandlebaum Tannery (Zeklos Outpost) no longer sells beeswax in spite of having a boiler pot. Has persisted through multiple resets. The merchant outside (Beniamen Serban) does not sell beeswax either, making a hike all the way back to Vallaki necessary to boil leather. Please fix!

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
The Mists - Vistani Camp Arrival and Vistani Camp

On-rest weather feedback, @ in-game 6th hour 2nd day 7th month reads 0 degrees C, 23F.
Freezing weather on a July morning seems a bit off, even for The Mists.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2017, 10:07:31 PM »
When I just now logged in, my last location was wrong. It should have been the Terg Ruins because I'm certain that's where I logged out from because it was very late, and we had finished everything, and I needed to go to bed.

I understand that once you log in a script can trigger that moves you to your safe location if you wind up in an unsafe place. But the Terg Ruins was not one of my choices on the Pool.

No biggy, but it made me think that perhaps there'd been a server rollback?

Stygian Messiah

• AKA Kalashnikov33
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »
When I just now logged in, my last location was wrong. It should have been the Terg Ruins because I'm certain that's where I logged out from because it was very late, and we had finished everything, and I needed to go to bed.

I understand that once you log in a script can trigger that moves you to your safe location if you wind up in an unsafe place. But the Terg Ruins was not one of my choices on the Pool.

No biggy, but it made me think that perhaps there'd been a server rollback?

I had this situation too. Saved some locations I haven't been at for days. But after some careful looking, I didn't see any evidence of a rollback.
A war refugee sought the Master. He said, "You are wise and serene. Teach me to escape the horrors of this world." And the Master blinded him with fire-irons. - The Book of Cataclysm

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2017, 02:02:00 AM »
AFAIK, the pool doesn't store hostile locations, so it would've just used whatever safer locations it had stored on your PC, post-reset or post-crash, whatever it was.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2017, 07:01:37 AM »
Two other very minor things:

* The server seems to call itself "Prisoner" rather than "Prisoners" of the Mist. That's what I see when logging in.

* The last few times I've interacted with Petre and clicked "Leave" it stays in a loop and offers the same choice again. I have to walk far enough away or hit escape to end the conversation. Used to clicking "Leave" ended it? I was turning in worg furs when this happened so maybe it depends on which branch of the conversation you were in before.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
* The last few times I've interacted with Petre and clicked "Leave" it stays in a loop and offers the same choice again. I have to walk far enough away or hit escape to end the conversation. Used to clicking "Leave" ended it? I was turning in worg furs when this happened so maybe it depends on which branch of the conversation you were in before.

Will fix in my next update.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
I bought a belt of light from another PC sometime ago, she said it was a old item, so I was really surprised to see another at a NPC shop.
But the price is ten times the one I have, something might be wrong.

uurgh.. I toke a screenshot, but I just accidentally deleted it :( the prices of my belt is between 606 and 646, the belt at the NPC shop 6068 and 6468 (or something like that) 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:03:50 PM by SanneJ »
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2017, 05:12:27 PM »
The new, cosmetically improved doors in Quarter Publique in the vicinity of the Governor's Hotel and throughout Quarter Savant are both unlocked and have untethered transitions behind them.

foxtale

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2017, 01:43:09 AM »
Broken Bell - upper floor - the Inn room right next to the women's lavatory removes the key on entrance, not exit.
Mareike - "The alternative is saving only myself. I will go to any length for this."
Enora - "The Weald belongs to they that can take it."
Felise - "!em ton era uoY"

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2017, 07:18:05 AM »
The shopkeeper in the tanneries in port keeps calling my male hin madame, and won't offer me work as "it's not a place for a woman".

Maybe it's my ponytail ;)
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »
After updater with directions.
Bianca stop talk with my character after picking option [Ask about something else] after it was asked direction to Village of Barovia.
She reacts when my character holds weapon and asks put it away but still when clicking to talk, Bianca just turn to my character.
I asked OOCly try to talk other character with Bianca and she works fine for other characters. But still not speaks with my character.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
After updater with directions.
Bianca stop talk with my character after picking option [Ask about something else] after it was asked direction to Village of Barovia.
She reacts when my character holds weapon and asks put it away but still when clicking to talk, Bianca just turn to my character.
I asked OOCly try to talk other character with Bianca and she works fine for other characters. But still not speaks with my character.

I second this. Happened when I asked for directions and closed the dialogue window.
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

Song of Danta

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2017, 03:18:07 AM »
A lot of the crafts seem a bit wonky at the moment. Both woodworking and smithing used up incorrect amounts of ingredients today: usually less than required.

My steel ingots weren't consumed when crafting thick chitin tower and large shields.
Leather patches weren't consumed when crafting a steel chainmail with troll skin lining.

Song of Danta

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
Hazlan - Den Forhenvaerendman - Isolated Hamlet

Cannot pitch a tent here. Seems a bit odd, considering it's an outdoor area.

TedFromDebate

• Undead Slayer
  • "Bardic Senses"
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
Myself and the player who has a char by the name of Slougr (or something like that) have the bug that a server reset must of set us to a koed state, and then killed us, because neither of us remember dying. Could we get ressed? Also, the incidents with myself and him are different, in his case this has been this way for a while. And, reset wiped our bodies, so the only way is to take a xp hit.
Raine
"Everyone's got a song singing on, but what they don't know is they write the verses."

Lucille Kelter - Oathbearer of Atlas
"Love not only one's victory, but love one's struggle as well."

Song of Danta

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2017, 09:51:30 AM »
The Tser Falls Bridge has become a pop-up art gallery!

All of the torch brackets have been replaced by portraits of ladies.

William Roberts

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • Thrown a kettle over a pub...what have you done?
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »
Isn't that character on the bridge prone to hallucinations, though?  :)

Or maybe Strahd decided to decorate the place with portraits of all the incarnations of Tatyana.

Beauty like a tightened bow, a kind that is not natural in an age like this.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2017, 05:56:17 PM »
The animated furniture strikes again.
: )

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2017, 12:33:21 AM »
Something that has bothered me for a long time is that when you go to this address...

nwnravenloft.com

...the forum doesn't load correctly. If you click on any (internal) links at the top, your browser loads a blank frame.

Since I figured out what was causing it, avoiding it is easy: I go to www.nwnravenloft.com instead. If you don't know what's causing it, though, it makes you think the forum is down or having issues. Moreover, the Bing search engine tends to send you to nwnravenloft.com. (Go to bing.com, type in "prisoners mist," and the first hit is nwnravenloft.com.)

Assuming the site admins have access to the Web server's configuration file, here's an easy fix so that nwnravenloft.com should work by redirecting the browser to www.nwnravenloft.com  (in Apache...I have never messed with IIS, although I assume you'd do something through a GUI that accomplished the same thing).

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName nwnravenloft.com
    Redirect permanent / http://www.nwnravenloft.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.nwnravenloft.com
</VirtualHost>

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:36:02 AM by DrXavierTColtrane »
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2017, 06:36:29 AM »
My two friends have been complaining about only being able to access the 'home' and 'link' tabs. I will tell them to try the www approach and see if that helps.
Has been described as a sometimey player

julienchab

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
At the Hotel Governor, when you ask if there is any Guest suites available and there isn't, the clerk says there is no traveller's one left. Small typo here I think.