Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v2  (Read 82093 times)

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Topic for minor issues v2
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »
Old thread was too large.

Sometimes, we miss out on some of the very basic minor bugs and misconfigurations in the heat of topics turning into principal, more long-winded discussions. As much as the latter is still relevant, I think we would still benefit from making it a bit more effective and separating the two.

This topic is intended to make aware all the minor issues that's very forward to evaluate what's wrong and just a matter of getting around fixing it - like an item missing from a crafting store, a placeable placed wrong etc. Compiling it here should reduce the possibility of it . As the things are fixed, the posts will be removed from the topic.

Feel free to post anything that might already have been reported before in other topics but never got around to be fixed. No matter how minor, it usually takes very little time fixing these things, especially if we are already working with the area involved. Insignificant as it may seem, the little quirks tend to spoil the natural immersion into the game experience.

Thanks for helping :)

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
Re: Topic for minor issues v2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 06:53:37 PM »
I admit that it's my fault, but I had no idea it might happen. My equipment was completely full, I tried to give someone items via barter but hit the cancel button instead and two containers - ivory chest and magic pouch, full of dark shadow residues - fell to the ground and were unable to pick up anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/gv5v89Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XOTZ0CC.jpg
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 05:33:53 AM »
Have been having a strange issue with the caravan master in the mist camp. When the problem first happened I crashed and when I came back I could not speak to the caravan master. Now I can but when others talk to him I don't see any dialogue.

This is in my character Azcath
 Login:FireBad

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 05:37:41 AM »
Have been having a strange issue with the caravan master in the mist camp. When the problem first happened I crashed and when I came back I could not speak to the caravan master. Now I can but when others talk to him I don't see any dialogue.

This is in my character Azcath
 Login:FireBad

This might be because you have a weapon out? He won't even talk if you have a mage staff or a quarterstaff out.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 04:52:38 AM »
I know I didn't have my staff out so it wasn't that. There was another player in the camp that oocly was trying to help me out with it. Though I can talk to the captain now I am unsure if I can still see the text of others talking to him atm. Makes it very strange when u just see ppl walk over near the captain and board with no dialogue.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 09:56:12 AM »
As far as I am aware that NPC has never had dialogue of others visible.

julienchab

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 09:58:41 AM »
As far as I am aware that NPC has never had dialogue of others visible.

I remember it used to show the conversation to everyone who was around. I think both options have benefits, but I agree it makes more sense to see the dialogue

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
Sullen woods east use to have a lot of drops in the form of bodies and skeletons, only the crypt seems to be left.

Sometimes the corpses will spawn, but it's not meant to be as abundant as it has been.. Apparently.. Not sure if the post about it got deleted or not
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
Yeah, it seems more random now.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Pants

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:25 PM »
I noticed that my High OCR character seems to set off the Wizards outside the house in Degannwy, in which they start buffing my character.

Song of Danta

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 02:40:54 AM »
I noticed that my High OCR character seems to set off the Wizards outside the house in Degannwy, in which they start buffing my character.

This happens to everyone.

Yeah, it seems more random now.

Yep. The Shadow Caves previously had 9 drops including the chest, but now you're lucky to get one (even on max spawn).

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »
Speaking of those shadow caves, this script seems to be bugging out when the zone is active?
The server has just been reset recently, but whenever someone is in the zone, this pops up over and over until the zone deactivates. Happening at the same time as this post, hit @debug.

Barovia - Balinok Mountains - Deep Under the Mountain
Barovia - Balinok Mountains - Deep Under the Mountain - Shadowy Cavern

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:27:53 AM by Bastellus »

Eragor

• Outlander
  • ὀρεινὸν καὶ κατοικίδιον καὶ πτοίαν τούτου...
Examine Feat
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 12:08:50 PM »
When I use the examine feat from the radial menu, I always get my own character's info. I can't use it to target any other creatures or items. Is there another way to use the ability?
Galdúr Yanacae

julienchab

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
When I use the examine feat from the radial menu, I always get my own character's info. I can't use it to target any other creatures or items. Is there another way to use the ability?

You need to use the feat pick target, then click on the target you want to examine.

Special abilities --> your class (wizard for example) --> Pick target

Eragor

• Outlander
  • ὀρεινὸν καὶ κατοικίδιον καὶ πτοίαν τούτου...
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »

You need to use the feat pick target, then click on the target you want to examine.

Special abilities --> your class (wizard for example) --> Pick target

That works, thanks!
Galdúr Yanacae

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 04:55:02 PM »
The floor of a few part of the lower Scrag cave is totally black, seems like the tiles are just missing, you can just walk true it.

https://s11.postimg.org/oy2z0r11v/Knipsel_nwn.png

I saw this before around the last nce so it has been like this for a while.
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Song of Danta

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »
The floor of a few part of the lower Scrag cave is totally black, seems like the tiles are just missing, you can just walk true it.

https://s11.postimg.org/oy2z0r11v/Knipsel_nwn.png

I saw this before around the last nce so it has been like this for a while.

Client-side issue. It's all fine for me.

Song of Danta

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »
If a character dies, respawns, and does not rest between then and a reset, the save locations anchor to the Near Ethereal, resulting in the character being alive in the Near Ethereal (no other portals available). If they respawn again, they lose XP again.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »
Iron Knuckles not properly capitalized!

: )

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 07:56:22 PM »
Bachelor's Leathers: I just saw this leather armor the other day and it possesses the attribute of "Attack bonus vs Shapechangers". I don't believe this attribute does anything on something that isn't a weapon.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
If a character dies, respawns, and does not rest between then and a reset, the save locations anchor to the Near Ethereal, resulting in the character being alive in the Near Ethereal (no other portals available). If they respawn again, they lose XP again.

Fun fact, at least when this happened to me. I choose the option that normally places your ghostly self on top of your body, and it did that, and I wasn't ghostly.

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

Master Librarian

• Church of Ezra - Inquisition
  • Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
The Ezrite Toret at Raduta sells her goods (Identical selection of stock to the Sentire of Vallaki) even to the non-faithful aka not labeled faction friends, including the magical scrolls that are pretty much meant for Anchorites. Even with her being a Pure Heart ,I'm not thoroughly sure this was an intended change, so I'll just bring it up here.
Characters:

Jacques Martel - Erudite Inquisitor
Sigrin Leafare - Warder of Arvoreen

Song of Danta

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 03:27:46 AM »
I was trying to brew a Heal potion, and after the first attempt, the crafting process (EDIT: for this particular potion - others still work) no longer worked and the console threw an error at me. Tried a new mortar and pestle item. No love. This was in the Sisters of Compassion Hospice.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:31:28 AM by Danta the Deplorable »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 07:01:58 AM »
I was trying to brew a Heal potion, and after the first attempt, the crafting process (EDIT: for this particular potion - others still work) no longer worked and the console threw an error at me. Tried a new mortar and pestle item. No love. This was in the Sisters of Compassion Hospice.

I experienced a few glitches myself yesterday with crafting, npcs not spawning properly, and saw one player being ported to the wrong area after I just used that same transition without issues. I thought it was just the server having been up for a long time, can you try again after a reset and see if the problem persists?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Song of Danta

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 08:35:09 PM »
Transition into the Shadow Caves (Barovia - Balinok Mountains - Deep Under the Mountain) simply is not working.

EDIT: Weird... a relog fixed it. Until that, I couldn't use any transition.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:38:12 PM by Danta the Deplorable »