Author Topic: Gunsmithing  (Read 5470 times)

Indigocell

• Undead Slayer
Re: Gunsmithing
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 07:23:14 AM »
I recall reading that gunsmithing was unlikely because they don't want too many guns floating around, which would tend to happen as people craft them to practice.

However, what about bullet-crafting? Maybe alchemy could be expanded to make gunpowder using certain ingredients (charcoal, sulfur, saltpeter). Likewise, smithing could be used to make basic lead bullets, and guilding to give them special propeties (silver bullets?).

Sounds like a lot of work to implement, maybe it's not worth it. It would be fun though.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
I recall reading that gunsmithing was unlikely because they don't want too many guns floating around, which would tend to happen as people craft them to practice.

However, what about bullet-crafting? Maybe alchemy could be expanded to make gunpowder using certain ingredients (charcoal, sulfur, saltpeter). Likewise, smithing could be used to make basic lead bullets, and guilding to give them special propeties (silver bullets?).

Sounds like a lot of work to implement, maybe it's not worth it. It would be fun though.

Players can already make gunpowder IG. Its a bit confusing to do the first time but after that its not so bad. I think we could def. implement alchemical bullet crafting though.

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
REDACTED

This is what I meant to post. I did that from a mobile phone, and apparently messed up. Sorry!

This was what I meant to say:

"
Well, it's not like there are a scant amount of guns going around in-character at the moment.

"We don't think this system is essential or worth the time to implement compared to what already exists in-game," is a good reason... But the idea that guns are special, in limited circulation or they're supposed to be special isn't really viable because anyone can go to port and get a musket or a pistol within the first day of making a character. Some PC's could literally by a few hundred pistols and dump them around the outskirts of that was really what they wanted to do. It's just Barovia that's a backwards world. It's easy to get anywhere else.

Either way, I was just browsing the forum late at night and thought I'd put an idea in."

Sorry!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:04:54 PM by BraveSirRobin »

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »
Can you fix your quote please BraveSirRobin? You mis-attributing a few things to me.

thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:37:32 AM by LeviShultz »

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 09:05:06 PM »
Can you fix your quote please BraveSirRobin? You mis-attributing a few things to me.

Fixed. I was doing that from my phone.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 12:05:20 AM »
Honestly think this would be a good idea especially the mo part. Guns van be acquired easily speciality ammo isnpricey to achieve. I also think gun ppwdee should be used to craft not just kegs but grenade type items like flash bangs or stun grenades.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."