You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Portrait change  (Read 1066 times)

SamDemonium

• New to the Mists
Portrait change
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:55:36 AM »
Does anyone know how to change the portrait of a character that's already in the game?

DM Ariadne

• Dark Lord
Re: Portrait change
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:42:53 AM »
If you are already using a custom portrait, name the new image (jpg) using the name of the previous portrait, then use the console to enter ConvertPortrait name.

This will overwrite the file which you can then zip and host for download. If you are not using a custom portrait or do not want to overwrite the last file (you can give the old file a different name) then choose an image, give it a name and convert it as above. Then, contact a DM IG and tell them the file name. They can change your portrait, which you can then zip and host for download.
"You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass."

SamDemonium

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 05:27:59 AM »
Alright! What if I have a custom portrait, but I don't know the name of the portrait? Since the character is from a different game folder I used a year back.

DM Ariadne

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:19:10 AM »
Go ahead and make a new portrait so a DM can switch the reference. I do not believe we have a way of finding the current portrait name.
"You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass."