Author Topic: Meat  (Read 4015 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Meat
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
Iv noticed that alot of the time new players will mass kill every life form around vallaki. Leaving behind a ton of corpses, which mostly only have meat on them. Which got me thinking. What about having Liz, or maybe the meat vendor, or possibly the orphanage offer to take such for like 4-5gp?

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Meat
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
1. Cook meat
2. Get 5-6 rations
3. Sell rations to merchant
4. ?????????
5. Profit
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »
Or at least make it so that a stack of Rations is worth 10 gold instead of 1 . . .

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
Or at least make it so that a stack of Rations is worth 10 gold instead of 1 . . .

It'd be really great if that were possible, but I suspect it's not...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 01:09:09 PM »
1. Cook meat
2. Get 5-6 rations
3. Sell rations to merchant
4. ?????????
5. Profit

Yes but the profit is so small, that almost everyone considers it not worth while to carry the weight.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »
But the equivalent amount of raw meat weighs more...?

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »
This is great opportunity for my druid to kill this mass killer that do not kill for those meats ! ...wait i mean Role play !

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »
But the equivalent amount of raw meat weighs more...?

Raw meat weighs.. 5.5 pounds? and you make 6 rations which weigh .3 pounds a piece.

5 meat is 33 pounds and would take 110 rations to reach 33 pounds. at .3 pounds. which is 11 full stacks

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Yes, precisely. That's why it doesn't make sense to me to make the meat sellable when the lighter rations already are.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
Yes, precisely. That's why it doesn't make sense to me to make the meat sellable when the lighter rations already are.

Gotcha, wasn't sure what you meant above at first about the weight. But I see what you're getting at... I think... been a interesting day today at work

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 04:15:32 PM »
The suggestion wasn't to make meat sellable as it is already sellable on its own as well in ration form. The suggestion was to give people greater incentive to loot all the items on things they kill. Furs for the vistani and the meat for something else that pays better then the 1-2 (without appraise) you get for such.

The suggestion is to give another more mundane source of income for those to be able to do on their own when times are slow or lacking players on. As well it gives incentive to decrease trails of dead wild life that usually follow new players.

I may be alone in such but its always felt a bit ehh, to be traveling about and just seeing nearly every possible creature on the map killed, and just bodies everywhere.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 04:24:52 PM »
But the price you suggested is already lower than the amount you currently make. Your suggestion would change literally nothing.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
I've thought about playing an evil ranger that hunts players who leave unattended campfires or only kill animals for fur.

"Only I can prevent forest fires..."

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

The_Huntsman

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 06:08:33 PM »
I kill so many animals... its almost sick

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 06:39:18 PM »
I've thought about playing an evil ranger that hunts players who leave unattended campfires or only kill animals for fur.

I will say I play my TN druid well. if she finds a bunch of dead bodies she will follow them and ask the culprit why... she did this to two people they said they were hunting for just the furs and that they were being used for good reasons. After not listening when she asked to stop or they will regret it, she brought over a dire boar and gave them one final warning before letting it lose on them. and left them to their fate.

So it isn't unheard of to do such things and it can be interesting. specially since you can walk around with a ancient dire bear following you :D I just wish I could get a rust monster. [sighs]

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
But the price you suggested is already lower than the amount you currently make. Your suggestion would change literally nothing.

3-5 is more then what im getting, as i said without appraise. I get like 2gp a stack of rations and i believe 1 gp for meat.

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »

3-5 is more then what im getting, as i said without appraise. I get like 2gp a stack of rations and i believe 1 gp for meat.

You have to split the rations into 1's. Each ration is 1gp.

dark_majico

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 06:58:49 AM »

You have to split the rations into 1's. Each ration is 1gp.

That's exploiting the game mechanics, the price of meat is set low. Splitting a stack of ten into one's and selling them to the merchant one by one for more gold is taking advantage of how the game engine works.

I will say I play my TN druid well. if she finds a bunch of dead bodies she will follow them and ask the culprit why... she did this to two people they said they were hunting for just the furs and that they were being used for good reasons. After not listening when she asked to stop or they will regret it, she brought over a dire boar and gave them one final warning before letting it lose on them. and left them to their fate.

So it isn't unheard of to do such things and it can be interesting. specially since you can walk around with a ancient dire bear following you :D I just wish I could get a rust monster. [sighs]

That wasn't being very neutral though, I'd say it was more Chaotic good once you actively punished them. Don't get me wrong though don't stop, I just don't think it was being neutral.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 08:06:06 AM »

That wasn't being very neutral though, I'd say it was more Chaotic good once you actively punished them. Don't get me wrong though don't stop, I just don't think it was being neutral.

true it could be seen as CG. but than again alignment is a very interesting thing. but we wont get into that here that is off topic.

I never knew breaking up the rations and selling them individually was an exploit, course I never did it I always just used the meat.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:10 AM »
Cook meat, eat meat, don't pay for rations.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Calliope

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »
Spoiler: show

Just the bang and the clatter as an angel hits the ground

dark_majico

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »

true it could be seen as CG. but than again alignment is a very interesting thing. but we wont get into that here that is off topic.

I never knew breaking up the rations and selling them individually was an exploit, course I never did it I always just used the meat.

Oops, I meant to say Chaotic neutral, my bad :P

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »

lol it doesn't matter XD again alignments are a funny thing

Calliope

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 12:59:03 PM »

lol it doesn't matter XD again alignments are a funny thing

but we wont get into that here it is off-topic.

Just the bang and the clatter as an angel hits the ground

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »

It's not considered an exploit.