You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Dverighem mines and lower areas do not port out  (Read 1487 times)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Dverighem mines and lower areas do not port out
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:30:28 AM »
Right so last night i was forced to log out in the caves under the deverighm mines the script which should port you out after a period of time for reset (which the area did) when in a hostile area never did so. This means now Berron got screwed in trying to escape a hostile area she has no hope of doing so on her own (she's now bleeding out as a result of spawning in on log in surrounded by various things!)

This is quite frustrating hope it gets fixed soon!

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Dverighem mines and lower areas do not port out
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
Usually, this is caused by others being in the area or having visited the areas recently.

And the script that ports you out was never meant to help you escape, but simply to prevent people from exploiting by logging in and out of the same area to farm treasure.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »
And the script that ports you out was never meant to help you escape, but simply to prevent people from exploiting by logging in and out of the same area to farm treasure.

I get that but having to log out for an emergency only to log back in expecting a rare port out (again i normally would have logged in a safe place) and only to spawn surrounded by things a few places away and getting insta knocked out ruins things a lot especially if you only log on for 45 mins to an hour for a quick little jaunt to get some furs or something instead i spent all that time face down on the ground

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »

I get that but having to log out for an emergency only to log back in expecting a rare port out (again i normally would have logged in a safe place) and only to spawn surrounded by things a few places away and getting insta knocked out ruins things a lot especially if you only log on for 45 mins to an hour for a quick little jaunt to get some furs or something instead i spent all that time face down on the ground

There are virtually no areas on this server not one or two transitions from somewhere you won't get jumped on login. The exceptions are all high-level dungeons. And remember that all you have to do is wait for or vote for a server reset, and you'll be able to log in at your safe location or faction base.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:42:29 PM »
Also keep in mind not every cave is considered a dungeon. this is so Vampires had a place to log out during the day the night and not just be spawned in the sun

Giving them a safe haven. I've found two or three of these and under the dwarfs is one of them.

also log out at your own risk. even the outskirts isn't the best idea, I've logged in and was surrounded by dire wolves at night.. was glad I stealth before I log on rogues

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero