You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Slave's Memoir: Maya  (Read 2559 times)

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
A Slave's Memoir: Maya
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:07:35 PM »
[A journal page written entirely in Draconic]

The darkness threatened to take over again. When that guard pushed me against that wall, I felt the overwhelming urge to turn on him and slit his throat with my knife. Had there not been three other guards around I might have done so, that is how angered I was. Goddess help me, I am giving in to the darkness, turning back into the savage slave I used to be. And had it not been for Lupin I might still be planning his death. Granted, I still might try to plan his death. It has been a long while since I have offered a sacrifice to the Lady of Loss, I think it is time I do so again. But that was days ago that he wronged me. I will have to wait until he does so again, -if- he does so again.

On another note, the business is slowly growing. Am hoping to find Tarius soon so we can finish the conversation from the other night. The night is still young though, and we just might find him yet. I think I need to find Hunter as well. I have heard things, whispers in the shadows. I think he will make a great addition to the business, for a mist hunter and adamantine collector if nothing else.

[A small rose is drawn in the bottom outer corner of the page]
Currently playing:
Maya Kelter (The Sword of Night) -shelved indefinitely
Rosaria Wysaren (Songstress of Sehanine)
Delarenia Jadys'varilo (Druidess of Rillifane) -retired

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
Re: A Slave's Memoir: Maya
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
[Another page written entirely in Draconic]

The nightmare came back. This one I haven't had in a very long time. The darkness, the terror. Dark blood against crimson scales. The flash of claws tearing through flesh. It all came back to me. The dragon was strong, tossing slaves left and right as they tried to distract it. I could see the fear on their faces, the same fear I knew was on my face. I had to slay her, I had only one chance. I leapt and drove the spear downwards, a loud roar filling my ears, then nothing. Silent except for the moans of the injured and the pounding of my heart in my ears.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 02:01:20 PM »
[Another page in Draconic]

I sit in Cezar's writing this today, drinking my daily cup of coffee. It's hard to comprehend what I'm doing here, not even I'm sure why. Not just in this café, but in the mistlands themselves. Why am I here? Is there a larger purpose to why I was brought here? Or is it all just random and dumb luck? I wonder if I will ever get the answers to my questions. I wonder if I'm the only one who has these thoughts or if there are others wondering the same thing. I've never really thought to ask anyone, let alone bring up this topic, so maybe there are people out there who wonder if there is a greater purpose to who comes to the mists and whatnot. Either way, I am glad I was taken. This may be a hell all on its own, but it's not as bad as the hell I come from, and for that I am grateful.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »

Strangest thing happened in the Temple of Anubis recently. I think we spoke with Anubis. I don't know... It was rather strange. But I just... I know something was going on. When we were attacked by that group of undead, I killed them all. No hesitation. I could feel my life hanging on by a thread, I could feel myself dying, but I didn't. I don't understand. I should have died. It's like their attacks just slid off my skin, not even hurting me. I am so confused. I really should learn about that place. Doesn't Sudhri worship Anubis? I should ask her about her god. Maybe that will help me better understand what happened. Either way, I need to be more careful. When I prayed to my Goddess, after the fighting had all been done, I felt the strongest urge to sacrifice the she-elf to her. I don't know if I could resist next time I get that urge. It's easy to resist if it comes down to Lupin, but anyone else... I don't think I will be able to. I will have to pay my respects to my Mistress in the Night. Perhaps I could get Dracos to help with the ceremony.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »

Well, we finally got the business up and running, sort of. We set up shop yesterday, and it turned out rather well. I'm excited to see how today turns out. Merrum accepted my offer to help with his Elvish. I'm rather happy about that. I've always been happy to teach others languages. One of the few things I'm truly good at.

But side note... White day party was rather interesting to say the least. Jack got turned into a pixie, which was humorous. I never did like him, but I don't think I'd enjoy seeing him as a pixie again... Gives pixies a bad name. Either way, don't think Medea should have done that. Could have been handled better. I just hope Jack doesn't keep to his word and kills her.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
[A page written in Draconic]

A dark past. It fit mine perfectly. But... he isn't Lupin...

There is something wrong here. I can tell that he wants to be good, but his dark past... It makes me think that he can be converted. Would he accept my Mistress? Can I truly get him to love Her the way I have come to love Her? Am I really strong enough to show him this path of darkness, to show him he can find comfort in his loss? I want to believe I am strong enough, that I can truly do it.

[A few lines are written towards the bottom of the page in Infernal]
Nothing is truly lost in the shadows, only hidden. Search the darkness and you will find yourself and all that you search for. Victory -can- be yours if you embrace Her.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »

I don't know how to feel this time. I can sense change in the air, but is it really the change that is best for me? I prayed to Her for guidance through this time of doubt and sorrow, but she didn't answer. It doesn't surprise me that she didn't. She knows I am strong enough to face what is to come. She saw to that when she first blessed me with the strength to overcome my sorrows for my lost son and daughter. I won't let Her efforts be in vain.

I have to fight, have to survive at all costs. Met a Selunite yesterday. As nice as she may seem, her faith has done nothing but try to destroy mine. Granted it is mostly for good reason... But if she finds out who I am, given the chance, I have no doubt she would try to kill me. Regardless, she will do. I believe my Mistress will be happy with the offering.

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

There is something wrong with me...

These craving... They are getting harder to ignore. Not just the craving to please my Mistress, but also desire and bloodlust. I can satisfy one of the three, but I must wait for the other two.
It will be easier now... converting him. I did not expect him to fall for her the way he has. I won't stop my plans now. Things are already starting to fall into place. To lose her will bring him much sorrow, maybe enough to drive him over the edge into darkness. Yes... I must continue on this path. He must know the power my Goddess can give, the strength She lends to Her faithful. He will come to know that only She can mend his heart and guide him to glory. The day will soon come...

Currently playing:

Daring_Druid

• Outlander
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »

The effects of the sickness I've been under for the last moon or so is finally starting to wear off completely. With the sickness goes the cravings. I'm not sure what changed in my mind... Perhaps it was the time away from people, or perhaps it was that I am starting to realize what is most important to me. Either way, the cravings are gone. I am starting anew.

I met someone today. I know not her name. I was just waking up, and there she was, stumbling through the door, almost dead. Perhaps we were fated to meet. Either way, I gave her a few healing potions and helped her with her hunt, although it was more of me wanting to get down the mountain than anything. Perhaps we shall meet again...

Currently playing: