Author Topic: The Blue Water Inn - Vallaki Noble District - Food, Music, & Guards  (Read 1905 times)

dark_majico

Three things I've noticed about the Blue Water Inn. The food on the menu is a piece of chicken, a pork chop, a potatoe, a turnip. It's a bit odd, in fact the Lady's Rest shares the same store and I'm sure most of the Inns and taverns do in the module, the menu looks strange in those areas too but the blue water inn is more up market and is supposed to be catering for nobles. Since all these inns (and more) share the same food stuff in the stores, can't we create a less Spanish 'tapas' like selection, and instead sell full meals to consume like stews, and broth, and other none extravagant but slightly more typical things that would still fit in?

Secondly there is no music, but there is a man playing the piano on the ground floor, his description is also 'a musical instrument', and on the first floor there is a harpist, but again no music.

Thirdly there are five guards, is this the normal number? There are six guards outside in the noble district guarding the gate. Unless recent events have called for a temporary increase to the number, five seems a little excessive.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:27:34 AM by dark_majico »

peps

• Undead Master
Re: The Blue Water Inn - Vallaki Noble District - Food, Music, & Guards
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
Two gangs of dire rats and wererats spawn just outside the tavern. They can go through the transition. I assume that's why there's so many guards.

booksarefun666

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »
That and a minor public relations incident involving a few drow.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »
The music used in that area is custom. You need to download the music pack to hear it.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »
I can confirm that there is music in there; I just checked the area in the toolset and it's set up with music.

Adding food is a good suggestion, if a developer wants to pick it up.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »
I can add more food, that's easy.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

dark_majico

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 07:02:21 AM »
The music used in that area is custom. You need to download the music pack to hear it.

Ah thanks, I knew I had downloaded custom music for PotM in the past but I couldn't find them again, I had forgotten they where in the downloads section. I had done a clean install so I wouldn't confuse custom music up with default in the toolset years ago. Ide forgotten how different it feels to play in the module with the music, I wonder how many other people are playing without custom music. I think it would be a good idea to put a sign in the starting area pointing out the location of the custom music for people who don't go to the forums often or other to download the haks essential to play.

I can add more food, that's easy.

Thanks for responding to that too, I had a look in the toolset and there are a number of 'misc small' items that are bowls of food and pieces of fruit.