You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Dropped items.  (Read 1812 times)

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
Dropped items.
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:26:05 PM »
I had it a few time now that I placed something in a magic bag that was full, or just messy and the item didn't fit, and that the game put the item on the ground, sometimes even the next item that did fit I tried to put away to. I lost/almost lost some items this way, and one time this happened in occ and I had to ask a friend to get the item for me.

Usually there is a noise that the bag is full, so I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I do know it also happens if you get something true bartering and your inventory is full. (I know, the hard live of a merchant) 

So my suggestion/request is: could there be a line, in capitals or even another colour, that states that you dropped a item on the floor? 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:28:24 PM by SanneJ »
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
Re: Dropped items.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
Worse, I think if you have a bag and drop it, the items in the bag can no longer be accessible. I can't remember if they break or just disappear, but I seem to recall something like that happening once with one of the reduced-weight bags. It turned into a normal bag and nothing in it was accessible any more.

Not an easy bug to reproduce, though, and I thought that might be intentional: you drop the bag and everything goes smash!
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
the item not going into the bag isn't really a bug and I think it's something that will also happen in the campaign. I've lost a item or two because of it but they are no big deal, my best advice is just open the bag and place the item inside unless you know for a fact that there is room.

a key to knowing if it happened is If the item is on the hotbar it will be removed due to it being dropped.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
the item not going into the bag isn't really a bug and I think it's something that will also happen in the campaign. I've lost a item or two because of it but they are no big deal, my best advice is just open the bag and place the item inside unless you know for a fact that there is room.

a key to knowing if it happened is If the item is on the hotbar it will be removed due to it being dropped.

All true and things I do, but sometimes when you are tired, typing or rushing, or all of the above, you don't pay attention and a red message popping up might get your attention.

And that one time I lost my shield in occ three of my hotbar keys where for some reason holding a date I bought the day before and not my weapons/shield XD     
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:14 AM »
If your inventory gets rearranged by the game something about the memory storage gets messed up and it can replace some of your hotbar slots I eth other items. It also happens sometimes when you log out with an item equipped which requires more UMD than you have.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.