Author Topic: Kindred Night  (Read 3068 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Kindred Night
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:40:15 PM »
As the rain falls and the first night where no moon rises he awakens. Adrian Dundragon left the Lady's Rest swiftly in the between of night and day secluding himself to a cave he had prepared himself. In the silence of the night comming deep with in the cavern he knelt to the comming night and when it was full he bowed his head welcoming it.

"Of the deepest pitch, the darkest of black, beauty of eternal night I call your name oh goddess of bitter vengeance. Shar my beloved lady whom no other fills my heart achingly how I miss thy praise among the throng of light which keeps you away from me. Your humble servent Adrian Dundragon welcomes you to this world of fearful night.  Treasurer of secrets and biterness I have found a woman to loathe a gunderkite whose slight holds me closer to you. Under my wing a moon child who I will bring to your side. To those whom trust me not know how I nurture you by subterfuge. I have drawn some to me in trust not in hope but in desire to fullfill thier own needs and your. Little do they know our ambitions for me to rise in thier society to subvert them to you.

I pray my loving goddess this appeases you soon I hope to demolish what the gunderkite loves and holds dear by turning her own actions upon herself. In thier grief and lust for vengeance I have found one name Mal who will serve your desire as my token to you. I wil help fester his desire for Medea's death inadvertantly telling him how the same people who loathe him the Garda can help him by telling them she is a witch of vraja using the guise of a civil man of law.  Oh my goddess I love the night here filled with its dark beauty your beauty has no other it pains me when the moon is full and you and your stars bleamished.

You have spared me that night as I prayed our enemies found in our manor attempting to slay my father for corrupting my mother from Selune. Yet they do not understand the kindred night is nothing to fear we all fall to the void sooner or later. So with this gift I grant you my secrets she who knows of lost, vengeance, who nulls the pain in my heart."

A hand trembles under the warmth of a body as Adrian softly smiled to the young gunderkite woman restrained in ropes at the center of the cavern surrounded by three stones of onyx set by purple flame.

"I will free you of your loss. Make you forget the pain you have suffered. In turn you will offer my words to my goddess as my messenger and she will grant you eternal peace in the quiet night."

Though he was not as chaotic and disorderly as most clergy of Shar Adrian believe in law the opposite of sharites but he believes in the order of Shar and thus through this subterfuge he will bring his goddes to this world and again be at peace.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:49:04 AM by Alan Hunter »
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Kindred Night
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:49:36 AM »
What was there to be spoken but thebsilent promises of admiration. Dracos von Nightscape was not as popular or known merely a cleric whose aid to the lesser of the communities spark nobility in his grace. But this night before the pitchest black he sang the soft dark distant melody secretively away from prying eyes. To his goddess he bless by destroying four items representing the moon and Selune. He had grsnt a desperate and dieing man his final wishes of vengeance and relief of pain his course to appease his Shar had gone well. Even in this realm she blessed him with strength but the work was not done he needed followers.

Some who travel the night can hear distant singing soft an deep spoken always never seen but frightfully peaceful. Rumors spread thatbthe cultist priest of the Avenging Goddess has brought some joy and peace of mind from the pain they suffer offering wisdom in being avenged and easing the pain to ones soul to those that accept.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:10:18 PM »
Adrian Dundragon sat with in the cave surrounded by the purple flames with onyx gems with in them lightning the cave in an eerie purple glow. Deep with in the cavern in solitude with the shadows he summoned Adrian listen to the whispers they muttered catching the information they lent him. Before him burning slowly was the sacred Tome of Ezra he had fond sold to Petre as well as the robes one of hers had fallen and given Adrian a gift to his goddess. Listening he caught wind of the slights of the people from the shadows. Most intriguing Adrian had caught wind of the murder in the Ladys Rest at first he was puzzled to hear the message was for the Hero of Vallaki. In a long time anbexpression fell on his face. He genuinely smiled and seemed elated an odd sound escaping his lips it was laughter humor echoing the walls. A man of tradition and laws the slight was aimed for a Heronof Vallaki this was a title used to represent his work. Though there were others who used such titles this presented a unique oppurtunity of manipulation something to unsettle the populace of heroes and to disturb the order of Vallaki. Though he preffer not such a chaotic away like most priests this inadvertent circumstance placed Adrian in a position to further his faith and have those believe in Shar. Truly two blessings ine one day in his favor was a sign the lady of the eternal silence was strong in this world. Now he must construct a letter that would entice thier fury and send the people begging for vengeance seeking thier slight. Truly Lupinus was right patience granted oppurtunity and now he had it. The vampires and werewolves would make make notable allies to further deciminate Vallaki. And soon even turn down the Iron Sons. Removing the quill from his pouch Adrian prayed to Shar in grace for this new task. Soon his letter copied with magic would be given to shadows to post during the night descretely through the out skirts and city.

"Heroes stalwart individuals who valiantly challenge that we can not. Where are you? A family lays dead slaughter by the night of that which rends and that which drinks blood. Yet you of hope cower from the sight. That which would slay an innocent family to make an example are poor but even poorer are those that are Heroes that boast as defenders do not stand to fight. Those that tried now turn tale in fear of the night, those who are the Sons of Barovia host a tournament yet are not here to defend us.  What is left our Garda are those carrying the innocently slain and murdered to burial. Heroes.... Hope put not effort in these things. Put no effort in those that will not aid us. But for those slighted those wounded in pain and suffering there is a solution. She the goddess of Vengeance and Ease of Suffering sends you her prayers which will relieve you remove you of your sorrow.  You are n9t alone in suffering I too feel your pain. My heart aches at the lost of this family who need not have died. With those seeking wisdom of the goddess, who seek ease of thier suffering, who have been slighted and need guidance I Dracos von Nightscape shall tend to you. Her priest will grant blessings and sooth you. And you Hero of Vallaki step forward wherever you may be."

With a smirk Adrian gave the letters to the summon children of Shar to place descretely among the outskirts. He assume some would be mad others would seek him out peasants uncertain will seek him thier superstition would take root. He did expect it may backfire a little either the monsters or the Iron Sons may intervene upon him but paws protect him by one and the goddess would aid him with the other. Soon soon his beloved goddess would be revered.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:06:45 AM »
Swell of moving shadows by the purple flames set in a pentagram mimic the mocement of Adrian tonight he sacrificed a Barovian male in offering to Shar. The young mqn had offended a family by stealing the innocance of thier daughter wrongfully having forced himself upon her. The family had beseech Dracos hearing rumors of the Avenging Mother. The station of the boys famiy had rendered him sligytly untouchable but with his connections in the Drain and of others it was a simple task of paralyzing the boy with fear.

The form of the man lay bare three books of three religions upon his chest. Ezra, Morning Lord, Hala 5hese faiths would draw from his mistress strengths but he woul not allow it. The fact his nemesis Teodor had once again cheated death had spur Adrian to consider Radkov's offer and so drapping the garm of Ezra over the man did Adrian pray. Dark malevelont shadows shrouded over the trembling gagged form and swiftly sap the strength of the man withering the body to a husk berthing a new shadow whose wail matched its owner.

The religious items would burn away with the body as he offered the destroyed relics and sacrifice praying to Shar to avenge the family and to avenge him against Teodor so his revenge is complete.
"By the will and way of a Shar I swear I will be avenged. Now go child of darkness find what secrets you may of my enemy so he may suffer as I have suffered. "

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
Slights the ever slow wounds that fester within drove Adrian mad. There were two exceedingly reknown individuals that deserved his ire and Adrian was no closer to his vengeance than his day before. The corruption and societal tipping in thr Muncipility of Vallaki did not need Shar. Everyday the Garda were on thin wires losing its place of peace. Corruption like the Ursa Mercantile using its defamatory honor on the bodies and souls of outlanders to acbieve its goals was almost worthy. How it plagued and sicken him that he, Adrian, wish to claim the death of thier child.

But it did bring him some joy that the carelessness and r3ckless nature of the 3 gunderkite and barovian could be used to his advantage. He would have to speak with Radkov he felt th3 man could be a great asset to the church. Personal endeavuers had to wait Adrian needed to become stronger more influential. He debated Radkovs suggestion to leave Vallaki and grow in Dementlieu. Nobility and prestige can easily be earned among the educated rsther than the simpletons of a dung ridden outskirt but to Adrian it would feel like retreating. How sorrow filled him to have worshippers again....

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:36:13 PM »
How pleasant the nights were these days. Dracos felt the renewal of his goddess in some people some even wished to be part of the faith. He was elated to find so many had recently sprung to his side. Times were hard and new arrivals needed guidance. Though his meeting Anya Rose a latharian could spell some interest. She was young in a sense not by age but experience. To convert her from her faith would indeed make him rise in Shar's eyes but even if she were to not know the truth and date wickedness her fall would be uninvitable.

What concerned him most was rumors of the Red Vardo. An alliance with such an ally would be both profitable and help with his prestige. He had considered Vallaki a lost cause but it was a resource for new blood. Perhaps affirming aid to the Vardo to ensure its preseance was known still would instill revenue to them and away from these would be vendors. There was also the rise of calibans flocking to him. Mqny heard his sermons other pass word of the Avenging Mother cleric who offer3d them aid and wisdom.

Contemplating it would be best for Dracos to bring some to Dementlieu in order to have them certfied as his servants ao if question arouse he could play off as his honorguard and servants. Forming the Knight Raiders would require them and others. A mercenary band in Vallaki would almost be impossible given the collective of outsiders. So he would have to begin in Dementlieu and bring several of the Caliban and Runts with him. Humble beginnings but none the less a start in the right direction. He just needed the finance to back these men for faith will carry men so far with out reward.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
A glass of wine a book at hand Adrian Dundragon, Dracos von Nightscape, sat at a table alone in the late night of the Bibliotehque of Dementlieu. He had chosen to gain a job here, acquire citizenship, and slowly working his way from worker to noble. So much had transpired as a librarian the vast amount of literature helped him better understand this Dread Realm and its occupants. His adventures had lead him to literature explaining the attempted escapes as well as the vast amount of instability ripe for the taking for the name of Shar. Blessed he had found Maya a young woman who swayed in his faith he masked as the Avenging Mother few knew of the title few knew of Shar and it was perfect to spread her words under subeterfuge among them all. The Goddess of the Night that hears the slights of those wronged.

In Vallaki few Barovians and mostly occupants of the Drain vastly Twists and Calibans sought him and the goddess seeing her as freedom to the top world wanting to be avenged for their mistreatment. One such Canis has come to be part of his flock and his strength will prove invaluable if he can deal with the service of loyalty and servitude required. None know how much Dracos truly loved Shar the silence of the night, the peace of the eternal darkness returning to paradise, the call of the deep. He was unlike most priests he did not yern for instability and chaotically over throwing governments and religions. He did so with finesse with in the very laws and structures they built to destabilize them from with in. The secrecy and the convincing of the wrongs other faiths and societies have done have gained him strong allies and resources he did not whimsically wish or yern for more he simply did as their dogma demanded.

Most see her as a vengeful goddess avenging the wrong and the slights done to them unjustly thinking her as a divine goddess of retribution it almost took most his will to not laugh. The point is they believed in her and a realm filled with night whom feared the night already know her well. To turn their fear to love for her to show them fearing the night is the same as fearing the day will break their shackles and seek out her children. As long as they pervasively believe the Avenging Mother aids them then none would be the better except those smart or those too good aligned to ignore. Dracos would not release them from their pang of grief he fueled them same as he did Bram early this morning giving him the wisdom and the tools needed to assert his vengeance.  Harboring his bitterness to fuel his desire to work for him and his goddess but in truth he was happy of this Bram showed promise of such things he merely needed to break the veil of light masking his eyes.

This also fueled his alliances with such people as Fearghas and Katraka worthy allies he needed to tame with their regrets using their past and slights to indebt themselves to him as a worthy ally. In this instance Dracos was true to himself he would not let any of his allies or his be destroyed or wounded. He loved Shar and he to loved serving his people he was to be a prince before the Coup that overthrew him tossing him to this realm. But if he could not have the return of his land to him and his people he would assert it here and make every Selunite who wrongfully ruined the peace of his land and people with hostility with the same favor Shar grants Selune.  Dracos never hoped, or made promises of success or accepted them he made his success he made his desires true. There was the fortune teller he spoke with the long fingered witch woman he owe her much for such an insightful reading though he never falter from Shar the readings of this realm were necessary as this realm worked differently than his and such insight to further Shar's reign was needed.

There was the Latharian Anya Rose... such a beautiful flower. To turn her form Lathandar would be a great victory indeed and with her faith none apparent in this realm it would be easy enough. He had done so to some and some who soon discovered him well they did not breathe except in Shar's loving embrace of death. There was the matter with this Zachary Dalensbane. This man proved prominently a problem with his allies and he so it would be needed to make sure he keeps out of his people and his business. Closing the book Dracos offered a small smile the affliction of joy some times broke his code of professionalism and nobility but things were seemingly well as he left a book upon the desk of High Mordentish learning and language resuming his work in arrange books and categories.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »
Back in Dementlieu Dracos von Nightscape arranged a few books in the Bibloteque considering the recent news and events.  He had books out studying the local law, Baron Chaize, and the language High Mordentish studying intently second per secon. Dracos admired his supervisor the librarian enjoyed his gusto for learning and his interest in becoming a citizen. Events however lead to the ridicule of Canis by the Gendarmie he need to find out if the young Caliban was alive and well.

Transpiring changes have grown. The sudden threat to his innocent flock angered him and he need to control the old noble youth he once was.  Irrationality did not prove useful he had to impose the teachings of the Avenging Mother upon himself daily with out losing control and killing these infedels himself. He did not cause them harm nor did Dracos intended to less otherwise. Having gained two disciples filled him with joy Dracos was pleases with Bram and gis growing dedication but hus temper was sign of lack of control. Canis was loyal but naive he would need strong guidance. Maya had left the flock for some reason she did not wish to share and she was becoming hard to approach the fact Dracos loved her dearly made him weak and foolish worry when one would threaten her.

The enemies the fortune teller Monee had warn was true. Her wisdom in her talent was authentic and if it was true he soon would have a powerful ally of the arcane. He somehow needed the law and thier allies to play another. He needed influencial resources and Dracos had a few ideas. Again it seemed he and Mathieu were at odds for some reason but his childish slights were minor offenses. Mademoiselle de la Chaize was kind and genuine such an influential union could be a good start. Mayhaps even love could blossom if she let him. Dracos needed to be the popper who becomes the prince and Dementlieu may be better a chance than Barovia.

There were obstacles of course learning the law to protect his servants, promote his faith and nobility, there were also gaining fame among the people, and of course taking care of rivals that will pop up. A few names assisted him in this various tasks he needed Bram to be his champion, Canis to be his loyal servant and above all the Avenging Mother must be known. There were foes he needed taken care of and Dracos knew having the law on his side was key as a safeguard he needed stronger individuals to hus side Dracos needed to have his Night Raiders once more so he can return home.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
Dracos continued his studies at the bibliotique of port lucine he was not discouraged given the circumstqnces with the Fox. The fact they spared them aside from treating them as criminals was an eye opener. It puzzled Dracos a few nights why theybfeared gim and his small sect the need for wuch elaborate transgressions to place a boot upon his jeck was evident. But that was not going to deter him crom his ultimate goal. He would establish his reign and his sanctuary regardless of these events.

Prominantly as he took the time to estqblish a good report with the head master of the library by sharing some ju8cy knowledge of Faerunian magic he came to think upon Remi's words. "You are not a citizen and there fore you have no rights. You should learn the laws before taking matters against those of th republic...." This was ever so true. He but skimmed the laws but he was no fool. Remi had admit to be an acting agent of thier ruler. But the Fox was still a Mercenary company with no real rival this would prove to be an advantage he could exploit.

It was clear there was a mixture of personal gqin by Lupinus on this act. For them to be so organized meant they were aware of his sermons. That is fine he simply needed to ensure those of the noboique were aware of his faith. There were those that would seek the Avenging Mother those who would wish her services. There was also one more name he needed to know, Elias, Radkov a formidable and trust worthy ally had mention if he needed aid Dracos could trust in the Red Vardo. They were recruiting and all beginning began with a humble start.

As Dracos further his day organizing the library he did not hesitate to assist students or answer questi9ns of his Faerunian heritage let alone his faith. This did draw some to him in curiousity and spreading the word of his willingness to aid and support such fine people would draw sympathizers and supporters. He may not yet be a citizen but that would change soon the date for his meeting with the council drew close. He and his disciples would have citizenship and the plan would further grow crom there. If it failed there were always other avenues. Patience was important his slighters and rivals had made genuine mistakes that day and he committed to memory thier faces and names. In time it would be his boot upon tbier necks and he will savor that biterness.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »
Four months Dracos worked at the library of port lucine learning the language and the politics of the land. Irony or his goddess will his slight by the Company of the Fox was avenged. Personally involving himself would only draw his ire but maybe getting a court date with the council of brilliance would further their descent. The fact the ever so noble Seiglinde was ousted from the city the very irony made Dracos break his calm laughing in his room with delight he needn't had lift a finger. Delightfully his life was rather peaceful he lost his followers but he had a job and he was slowly keeping with in the cracks listening to the rumors and shadows about the port keeping tabs when best to rise to nobility. In honesty he couldn't help hum a Mordentish tune while he worked laying low was rather peaceful and slowly few were coming into his faith silently. It was rather nice but his intrigue for law and the Fox to be further descent to its new infamy was becoming to tempting. Maybe he would write a letter to her Governing Lady as an anonymous pen pal see to it she is cared for an offered his advice it was his service to do so as one under her rule and one who is duty bound by faith.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:38 PM »
Adrian stared at the six silver spikes blessed with the mark of Ezra. For nights he study them and realized the faith put into them were to banish something in the crypts he was thankful to convince his compatriots to not remove the mark on the circle. A great evil had laid there but with these spikes no longer in their coffin what would rise? What would come? It was not in his nature to steal but as his faith required his comrade had insisted the people who asked this were slighted and from a noble house. The tale reminded him of his own so he aided them. Also as one of the Night Mother's children the ruin of any other faith and the loss of their power was adamant this was indeed a crucial blow to the church of Ezra. Having spent his time in the Drain aiding in the removal of those afflicted in the plague due to the less fortunate sort not being loved by the Dawn or by the people had tax him. Adrian had made every day to scientifically and clerical keep himself from affliction and exposed himself only to those of the first phase giving clear instructions to Calibans and Twists or any other unsavory sort below to kill and burn any beyond the first signs as there was little to no hope to saving them and only risk endangering others. This was not by all means good to some but he made clear that they down in the Drain could not afford the expenses or risk below where conditions could not be similarly met above. On his breaks in between tending to sickly and wounded brigands he occasionally listen to the roguish gossip keeping note of certain things and occurrences among the den of thieves. Their disorganization and lack of organization, with exception of few, surprised him. In his respite of night he prayed to his goddess of the eternal night telling her of her goals and achievements. Now of all nights he worked in corrupting the religious relic as destroying them would bring instant gratification, to himself, but for his goddess she deserved better a much more lasting application. The Silver Spikes of Ezra were incased in a divination to banish if this was corrupted and reversed upon itself it could summon and if left unchecked perhaps continue to bring fourth. As his deity would appreciate such a plan would require deceit, cunning, and above all corruption onto other faiths other than her own. The Silver Spikes would come in handy if done correctly as a Dark Cloak of Shar it was his duty but unlike his mother Adrian was not benevolent enough to be kind in his methods He above all knew the truth of his faith. And her will shall be done for none knew the night as well as he.