You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: No XP for RP in certain areas'  (Read 5989 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: No XP for RP in certain areas'
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 01:26:36 PM »
For me i don't really care about the xp reduction because i rather loose xp and be able to rp. Then sit around doing nothing waiting for chances to rp. I just hit level 14 and i don't really have plans for leaving Barovia on a more permanent basis. I will venture outside of Barovia with parties to run stuff, but as it is now Vallaki specifically has the highest character turn over and chances for RP. Which is why im playing after all, id likely be willing to venture to more places for longer periods of time if more people used the @lfrp. But when ever im on and check it, its nearly only ever people listed in the vallaki area. There have been times iv seen a few upper levels use it in other places, but the general consensus seems to be very few upper levels use the function outside of barovia. So i usually have to choose between do i stay where i know i have a 95% chance of meeting others to rp with. Or do i wander around the other domains, spending money on travel and spending time running between all these destinations to find a slim chance of rp.

Like many, my choice is nearly always going to where iv a absolute certainty of where players are.

Hlot

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
Can you prove the level of the characters that killed you?  Because I'd be willing to be that you died to an AMPC as opposed to a random high level character. You're making a lot of bold claims and assumptions without providing any context or real information. It's against the rules for someone to just come up and attack you unless it's an AMPC and even then they're going to roleplay with you first. If it was a normal character and you can prove you didn't seek into the conflict then report it to a DM.

I don't think you're painting an accurate picture of what the lowered rp XP system is meant to do. It's only meant to encourage high level players to go elsewhere if they want XP for their roleplay - they are still entitled to play in low level areas and roleplay there if they wish.

You are basically asking for *secret* IC knowledge on public OOC forum. I don't send such information even in in-game tells. I've also used this only as example.

The lowered XP system was made mainly because of Vallaki Outskirts area at night, right in front of church. If you are interested in matter, instead of assuming things on your own, you can find appropriate forum threads with player feedback.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:22:06 PM by Hlot »

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 04:24:44 PM »
Can you prove the level of the characters that killed you?  Because I'd be willing to be that you died to an AMPC as opposed to a random high level character. You're making a lot of bold claims and assumptions without providing any context or real information. It's against the rules for someone to just come up and attack you unless it's an AMPC and even then they're going to roleplay with you first. If it was a normal character and you can prove you didn't seek into the conflict then report it to a DM.

I don't think you're painting an accurate picture of what the lowered rp XP system is meant to do. It's only meant to encourage high level players to go elsewhere if they want XP for their roleplay - they are still entitled to play in low level areas and roleplay there if they wish.

You are basically asking for *secret* IC knowledge on public OOC forum. I don't send such information even in in-game tells.

I can pretty much guarantee that that wasn't what I was doing and assure you I have no interest in your IC business.  As others have said this thread has gone way off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
I don't think this topic is going anywhere; I'm going to close it for now.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.