Author Topic: Ac Bonuses  (Read 1939 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Ac Bonuses
« on: August 18, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »
Ac Bonus thing i notice. I have like 15 parry and 13 tumble but i notice combined with dex and Bark Armor i can raise the Ac to 27- 29. Yet when i Apply my + 5 for Parry with 2 weapons i seem to only get +3 When im at 29. Is there a reason for the cap? I can't seem to find any confliction as generally you can have up to a +5 in each category  with exception to Dodge which I think has no limit less the server has a system to prevent certain equipment / skills stacking.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Ac Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
Ac Bonus thing i notice. I have like 15 parry and 13 tumble but i notice combined with dex and Bark Armor i can raise the Ac to 27- 29. Yet when i Apply my + 5 for Parry with 2 weapons i seem to only get +3 When im at 29. Is there a reason for the cap? I can't seem to find any confliction as generally you can have up to a +5 in each category  with exception to Dodge which I think has no limit less the server has a system to prevent certain equipment / skills stacking.

Where are you suddenly getting a +5 from parry? 15 parry is only +3 shield ac. so your numbers seem relatively correct. 3 from parry +2 from tumble+ armour+10= blah

my question is that tumble.. are those 13 points without dex mod or with dex mod?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
With Dex in tumble. I went dinking with it a little and found it odd regardless of 27 - 29 I cap at 31. And I think my parry/2weapon is at a +4 or +5 I have to mess with gear again to see what the natural bump is. but I believe you are right it should be a Plus four even so at ac 29 it should at least be AC 33. I'm about to head in after a few posts and dink with it and see maybe its due to the cat's grace or barkskin spells I used.  It just seem odd when I removed two weapon fighting my base before applying was 29 then when removed it was reduce to 27. It may be too something stalking and removing for the greater buff but I got to knick pick and pay attention to which Ac's ar changing.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
With Dex in tumble. I went dinking with it a little and found it odd regardless of 27 - 29 I cap at 31. And I think my parry/2weapon is at a +4 or +5 I have to mess with gear again to see what the natural bump is. but I believe you are right it should be a Plus four even so at ac 29 it should at least be AC 33. I'm about to head in after a few posts and dink with it and see maybe its due to the cat's grace or barkskin spells I used.  It just seem odd when I removed two weapon fighting my base before applying was 29 then when removed it was reduce to 27. It may be too something stalking and removing for the greater buff but I got to knick pick and pay attention to which Ac's ar changing.

Remember that tumble only counts the raw 'ranks' in the skill, not the total (Ranks+Dexmod).  Maybe if you list your AC gear and feats that are associated with your AC, we can get a better understanding. 

In regards to your parry skills, it utilizes your total skill (ranks+dexmod).  Therefore, given your current skill in parry here should be your AC bonus (depending on if you have the below feats taken on your character):

Parry (15) = +3 AC
Parry (15) w/ two weapon defense = +4 AC
Parry (15) w/ improved two weapon defense = +5 AC

This should be easily determined by equipping and unequipping your weapons while monitoring your AC.

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread that discusses it further:  http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=25379.0
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:02:12 PM by brimstonebane »

Weyland

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
I put this together to help with my own calculations.  I think it's accurate so maybe it can be helpful to anyone.  Just replace 'x' with whatever value you have. Please of course correct anything if it's wrong.

Armor Class is:

Base:                 10
Armor:              + x  (clothes)**
Dodge:              + x (boots)*
Natural:             + x (amulet)
Deflection:         + x (ring/cloak)
Dexterity:          + x (dex x)*
Monk class:      + x (level x)**
Monk wisdom:   + x (wis x)**
Tumble:            + x (tumble rank x)*
Parry/Shield:     + x (parry rank x)**
Total AC:   x   

*does not apply when flat-footed
**does not apply when subject to a touch attack

AC (flat-footed):   x   
AC (touch attack): x

Obviously there are more details to be known and for reference any player may want to see this page:  http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_class
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:50:47 PM by Weyland »

Weyland

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:01 PM »
I suggest making a Parry page for the wiki: http://nwnravenloft.wikia.com/wiki/Ravenloft:_Prisoners_of_the_Mist_Wikia
I searched and didn't see one. I think I see often questions about the Parry system and it would be nice to just link to a page that explains it fully. I would do it but I don't think I have complete knowledge.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »
I suggest making a Parry page for the wiki: http://nwnravenloft.wikia.com/wiki/Ravenloft:_Prisoners_of_the_Mist_Wikia
I searched and didn't see one. I think I see often questions about the Parry system and it would be nice to just link to a page that explains it fully. I would do it but I don't think I have complete knowledge.

I'll try and get it added tonight to the wiki.