Author Topic: Eurgiga's Robe-Based Armors  (Read 3481 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Eurgiga's Robe-Based Armors
« on: August 09, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
Hello

The other day someone on discord found this hakpack. Now I don't know if the next hak update is anytime soon, but this should really be considered it is awesome. Here are some images to prove how awesome. They are put in spoilers because of their size.

~herkles~

Spoiler: show

Edit: Fixed image tag. Arawn
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:45:54 AM by Arawn »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Eurgiga's Robe-Based Armors
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
Those are nice. I clicked the link, and there are other great female outfit options that aren't skin exposing. The male options are pretty good too.

Also, that bone robe is great. That should be added and be a DM-only option to make creepy villains.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »
The same author has made some excellent fur cloaks as well.

Meridian

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
The same author has made some excellent fur cloaks as well.

The pelt cloaks by the author are very nice, the armours look good too.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:31:20 AM »
These are very beautiful! Gonna have to open them up to make sure they're not too detailed though, I'd hate to see them impact performance for low end users.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »
These are very beautiful! Gonna have to open them up to make sure they're not too detailed though, I'd hate to see them impact performance for low end users.

Is there even such a thing as a 'low end user' for NWN anymore? The game's like 20 years old. It'll run on a smartphone!
: )

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »
knas, I think that the creator had the same intention.  I believe he removed a lot of excess poly count from them, so they 'should' be low impact.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
I wonder if it would be of benefit to run a poll on players system specs? Just a general graphics card/memory/processor thing, so there can be a real feel for what the average computer set up is, and just how low our lowest end users are.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
I wonder if it would be of benefit to run a poll on players system specs? Just a general graphics card/memory/processor thing, so there can be a real feel for what the average computer set up is, and just how low our lowest end users are.

Already had this idea, actually! As it turns out, I don't think it's an issue for this set, but in general yes!
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

_Kaz

• Outlander
  • @letgo
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 11:06:28 PM »
Is this pack going to be added? Everyone needs more clothes! Especially male characters

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
knas, I think that the creator had the same intention.  I believe he removed a lot of excess poly count from them, so they 'should' be low impact.

Yes, :) It seems to run fine even with older rigs! Most of the detail is in the textures.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
Those are nice. I clicked the link, and there are other great female outfit options that aren't skin exposing. The male options are pretty good too.

Also, that bone robe is great. That should be added and be a DM-only option to make creepy villains.

BONE ROBE!!?!! you mean my necrophiliac cleric can finally actually wear the bones!!?!

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Eurgiga

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 04:18:01 AM »

Much appreciated!

The models have all been heavily trimmed to support even an uncompiled implementation. NWN has a graphical choke when it first renders in a character if it's rendering about 5000 or so polygons. I don't think any of those robes pass 1500, though admittedly it's been a while since I've cracked open the files.

If you are in fact planning a hak update, keep an eye out for my weapons pack hitting the Vault in a few weeks. Here is a quick demo of just one item coming out! (pick it up in the demo mod ingame to see full effects)

BONE ROBE!!?!! you mean my necrophiliac cleric can finally actually wear the bones!!?!

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »

Is there even such a thing as a 'low end user' for NWN anymore? The game's like 20 years old. It'll run on a smartphone!

Davenport on your smart phone. One can dream.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster