Author Topic: Purchasing Dyes  (Read 2197 times)

Bells And Whistles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
Purchasing Dyes
« on: July 31, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but places like Degganwy, or the Vistani camp that sells dyes, it's difficult to know exactly what you're getting. The Krezk tailor, and the tailor in Port both use the number system, (who did that? It's brilliant!) and still give the name of the color. Could we please please please do away all together with dye pots opening in an inventory and instead use this fabulous conversation method across the board? Not only does this make it so much easier to avoid wasting money on the wrong dye, the numbers also correspond to this handy chart.

Spoiler: show

Also, why does the Krezk tailor have cloth, leather, and metal, but Port only has cloth? Could we please give Emmanuelle all the dyes? I can sort of see why the Port tailor wouldn't sell metal dyes, but a lot of the cloth torsos need metal  dyes to properly color them.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Purchasing Dyes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »
I concur, though I much prefer the system that exists in the New Character area for dying clothes and would love it if that was added for the server.

Bells And Whistles

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
I concur, though I much prefer the system that exists in the New Character area for dying clothes and would love it if that was added for the server.

Yup, that would be even better. :) my only issue with the new character area is how dark it is + how the models are against the wall. It's difficult to see the colors, and difficult to see your cloak when coloring it.

edit: what if tailor shops had the option to use both systems? You buy the 5-use pot for 50 gold I think it is, or, you use the dummy for one use on your item, and charge less. You don't get the inventory item, but you get the one time use and pay less.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:46:23 AM by Bells And Whistles »

julienchab

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:58:51 AM »
You can get dyes at the Grand Bazaar in Port.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
You can get dyes at the Grand Bazaar in Port.

Exactly, and it uses the system you're pushing for. The reason Emanuelle only has cloth dyes is that she's a tailor. As for the issue of the new character area being so dark... if you're not playing something with Dark Vision there are two things you can do: 1- Equip a torch or lantern, or 2- Hover your cursor over yourself or the dye dummy. Although, the new character could do with a permanent bright light. Then again, it kind of sets the mood for what's waiting ahead as is, so.... *shrugs*

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »
The current problem is while you can buy a limited selection of dyes in the Vistani Camp near the Outskirts, in Degannwy and from some of the Vallaki city merchants, a lot of those dyes have inconsistent names when compared to the existing lists that we have on both the forums and on the more frequently visited vendors, so you're forced to play a roundabout guessing game on which dye is actually the colour you want. Considering that Vallaki and it's surroundings are the starting area for new characters, this unfortunately means you might spend much more gold just to find a single dye.

Ontop of that, there's no preview dummies available. Yes; you can take a trip downriver to Krezk or go all the way to Port but that is horribly inconvenient for what is essentially a non-mechanical aspect of the game. At the very least having the dyes renamed to their proper forms would be helpful; having tailoring dummies to test clothing designs would be even better, though a lot of people argue that Vallaki's lack of these dummies represents it's financial state when compared to more affluent locations.

Bells And Whistles

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 03:29:44 AM »
That really is the main point I am making Grendel. It should not be so difficult to OOC'ly know what you are buying.