Author Topic: exhaustion system bug  (Read 1959 times)

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
exhaustion system bug
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »

Name:

Where: assume server wide, as I have experienced it in hazlan, harakir, barovia, the mists, and port.

When: When a druid is shape changed into bear, wolf, panther, boar, and badger form- and probably elemental shapes as well

What: my druid, normal shape when buffed: str 25, dex 19, con 20, carrying 82/of her 533 weight capacity can run from the wear house district in Vallaki, to the Vistani wagon at tsar falls, and never get a message. When wild shaped into wolf for instance with stats of str 36, dex 22, con 23, and carrying 82/2893 weight, can barely run 2 areas before the exhaustion message appears, with full exhausted effects by half way into area 3.
Recreate:

Ideas: the math in the calculation must not be able to use the wild shaped high str score?

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: exhaustion system bug
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:51:56 PM »
Exhaustion is determined by CON. You should actually turn on your debug info so you can watch as each exhaustion check ticks, and see what your threshold is, and how much you're gaining per tick (every 60 seconds).
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 06:06:50 PM »
the con in wild shape went up, the ability to run the same distance fell.

Debug in multiplayer can only be done via the DM client. I am not a DM, so can not enter debug mode.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:18:34 PM by NWN_lovableweremink »

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »

Debug in multiplayer can only be done via the DM client. I am not a DM, so can not enter debug mode.

You can debug exhaustion via the rest menu.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 01:20:29 AM »

You can debug exhaustion via the rest menu.

What he said
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 10:17:33 AM »
I ran in debug mode, thanks for the tip-

The numbers that came up, I assume were for location 0 being not Har-akir, 1 being Har-akir, plus standing -5, or running +4 with the threshold of 28- 34.
The overall appearance of the system, It fires more often for wild shape than it does for not wild shaped.
Tested by resting then full buff and running around the Vistani wagon in Har-akir, on edge of the tile set, (yes laps- I ran laps in the game) Sylla ran around not wild shaped a total of 6 times with the exhaustion threshold of 28, before full exhaustion message and a threshold score of 36 was hit.
After a rest, and rebuff, And a shape change into wolf-the threshold at 34, got the full message at 2 and a half laps. Same spell buffs, not dehydrated, at night..

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »
A more accurate measure would be to count the number of debug messages that appear within one game hour. Since the hour change prints to the combat log, it should be pretty easy to count.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:25:22 AM by Bad_Bud »