You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Cezar's Chilli - The Lady's Rest Uniqueness  (Read 1710 times)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Cezar's Chilli - The Lady's Rest Uniqueness
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:12:13 PM »
So, just now, I'm in shock, baffled, to find out that there is no Cezar Chilli at the Lady's Rest menu. Or at least, I didn't find it. So, I please, beg you, bring it back and restore the prestige of the place. It is part of the barovian legacy in the core.

Thank you.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Cezar's Chilli - The Lady's Rest Uniqueness
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 01:43:38 AM »
The chilli was too misplaced - Eastern Europe (on which Barovia is based) wouldn't know of it's use before the 19th century. Plus, it just doesn't fit very well into the impression of Barovia's commoners as reserved, seclusive and narrowminded folk.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 01:46:58 AM »
The chilli was too misplaced - Eastern Europe (on which Barovia is based) wouldn't know of it's use before the 19th century. Plus, it just doesn't fit very well into the impression of Barovia's commoners as reserved, seclusive and narrowminded folk.

Can more Barovian Food be added to the various taverns in Vallaki though? :)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:05:06 AM »
The chilli was too misplaced - Eastern Europe (on which Barovia is based) wouldn't know of it's use before the 19th century.

I thought the point was that the Chili, that one Chili was special, and only found at the Lady's Rest. Perhaps the recipe could had been given my some distant traveler, or even the deceased former owner could had travelled himself. *Sigh* Anyway, RIP Chili...

Bells And Whistles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:41:15 AM »

+1, yes please. I would love to see more tavern-specific "specialty" food, and I would burn more gold on actual food on my character if so.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:26:07 AM »
I miss the chilli as well, it sparked some amusing rp when it was claimed the mystery meat in the stew was rat. XD

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
There is that place in the slums (or was it the docks) where you can buy pickled rats that low lvl pc kill, thus that count as a "tavern-specific 'specialty' food"?
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »

+1, yes please. I would love to see more tavern-specific "specialty" food, and I would burn more gold on actual food on my character if so.

here is what our resouces say are barovian food and drinks. Should that not be enough, one can always borrow from Romanian Cusinine and other eastern European Cusine. :)

Barovian cuisine
Mamliga—a cornmeal mush, common to every household
Mititei—grilled pork and lamb meatballs
Patricieni—grilled sausage
Placinte—a popular delicacy, pastry and fruit turnovers
Sarmale—pork wrapped in cabbage or grape leaves
Tocana—pork stewed with onions and garlic
Tsuika—a plum brandy unqiue to Barovia, popular among all classes

greeneggs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:29 PM »
Chili was traditionally a dish that consisted of chili powder.  Barovias climate would not support chilis of any type like that was actually in chili sauce.   But if the chili rat soup is a staple for Cezar why not just make a 'Cesar's special soup'. Would serve the same purpose.

On that same line of thinking bananas probably should not be sold in the marketplace .