You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Connecting LG TV to PC  (Read 2065 times)

dark_majico

Connecting LG TV to PC
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:30:02 AM »
I'm having difficulty connecting an LG TV to my computer, I can't understand why because I never thought this would be difficult thing to do. I connected the RGB cable, and the HDMI cables between my PC and the TV, when I change the display mode on the TV it says no signal. My computer is on max performance mode (power settings), and my PC recognizes the TV in the device manager, it also says its working correctly, and I have been checking drivers and they are all up to date. Computer is running windows 10.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Connecting LG TV to PC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:35:43 AM »
Do you have a regular screen as your primary? I've got a LG TV set up as my secondary screen, never had any issues. I've got it set-up on the HDMI3 channel, have you checked through the various HDMI channels?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

dark_majico

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:10 AM »
Yes my regular screen is my primary, when I tell the computer to look for a second monitor it doesn't find another one. The ports at the back of the TV are labeled and so is the input cycle in the TV menu, I have two HDMI slots on the TV so I put the cable in both and I still get the same result.

dark_majico

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 07:29:04 AM »
It doesn't matter any more, I have got my TV and computer connected and working. I had bought a DVI to HDMI cable, but I didn't want to open it because it was 14.99 and I had hoped I could use my existing cables and return it, however it works perfectly so I'll just leaves things as they are now.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:00:08 PM »
Well, I doubt that was your issue, but I'll point it out just in case someone doesn't know. If your TV isn't powered on, your computer will not detect it as a potential monitor.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
Did you have a monitor hooked up at the same time? In Windows 10 you go to the Action Center on the bottom right, Project, and pick whichever of the 2 displays you want up.
: )

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 02:11:48 AM »
When trying this I had to restart my computer before the HDMI cable registered the TV as a display, but after that it was simple to find it in the control panel.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

dark_majico

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 09:35:41 AM »
Did you have a monitor hooked up at the same time? In Windows 10 you go to the Action Center on the bottom right, Project, and pick whichever of the 2 displays you want up.

Yes I did have them both hooked up, windows would not find the second display even though in the device menu it shows the LG TV was recognised and working correctly.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
You mentioned connecting the RGB cable - what did you connect it to and from?

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 06:01:19 AM »
You mentioned connecting the RGB cable - what did you connect it to and from?

At the back of the TV is a port labled "RGB - PC"

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »
So you connected both the RGB and the hdmi cable at once? You should only connect one or the other, and preferably the hdmi.