You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Pirate's Booty.  (Read 2319 times)

Blight

• Dark Lord
A Pirate's Booty.
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:16:18 AM »

That being said, with all the pirating, booty, and plundering of Blaustein inhabitants, i was thinking that perhaps we could have a fourth bank installed in Blaustein. Somebody who can hang on to our plunder while we head out on the open seas! Something more akin to the banking style of the drain than the Port or Barovia. What brought me to this desire was thinking of my own falkovnian PC, who ended up leaving a good chunk of coin in the Port bank and not wanting to go back to the port for fear, of, well.. persecution. In short, at least for a falkovnian PC, It'd be unwise to bank in port, and as Barovia is an enemy of Invidia, Falkovnia's closest ally, it also seems a bit... unlikely... that a Falk would do his banking there, either, in case Invidia and Falkovnia join forces to attack.

This is just my circumstance. But i am certain my pc isn't the only character who would have reason to not bank in either of these countries. I can get away with Banking in Barovia, it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have a third country to bank in.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Telkar

• Dark Power
Re: A Pirate's Booty.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
I'd like to see that. Why would my twist store his coin where everyone treats him with disgust? He'd rather have an off-shore account.

Should we approach Bluebeard ICly about this perhaps? :p

booksarefun666

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
If we were to go by the canon Blaustein (which is french north korea)  would be the last place you'd want to store your swag at. But if we were to go by the canon it'd be a barter economy and not the go-to place to hawk your wares.

An actual bank, even with a high cut akin to the drain's bank, would be a boon for the misfits of potm.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »
Not a bad idea. I'll think about it.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »
Hurray! Thanks Eo!

Some other  options could be a bank in Hazlan that doesn't serve non-humans or something. I imagine Sithicus might have banking services too.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:42:34 AM by The Good Doctor »
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!