Author Topic: new system with (more) craftable wares in random loot.  (Read 1644 times)

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
new system with (more) craftable wares in random loot.
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:03 AM »
I'm sort of torn, I have been getting some random pelts, ingots and stuff from thugs in port and on the one hand it's really cool because some of them are really hard to get, but on the other hand it means that there is less normal loot which means less overall items in the game and even less "rare" ones.

What does the rest of you think about this? and is this only in port at night or all over the server?
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: new system with (more) craftable wares in random loot.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »
I never had the chance to see what they have. but then again I mostly just pick the pockets of the thugs and folks

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:01:44 AM »
We're going to adjust it so these crafting ingredients drop more rarely.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »
I don't see an issue with it really. It will only drop in places they added it to, and most of those already had alot of 'junk' or mundane loot that was able to drop, so I doubt its going to make much of a difference. And at least now its something usable to someone, instead of just junk to vendor to an NPC.

I'd like to see them drop a little less, as EO said though, just so people can't go to port-bounties to farm "Gold" or "platinum" ingots, instead of actually having to go farm a rock for it.

I have yet to see if these items have been given a gold value, I just worry that with an increase in dropping, people will be less careless in selling it to vendors and perhaps re-buying it from vendors to sell/give to a crafter (You know, one person just selling it as loot, and the next saying oh! platinum, I'll buy that to sell to my smith friend!! or something)... Before, no one got platinum or gold or other rare craftables without them being a crafter.. so wasn't really an issue with these rarer crafts... just don't want to see unusable reagents start to filter in because people that don't know their use buy/sell them to NPC vendors.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »
I like it.

At least it creates something of a dilemma for Kenthelag. He can't use most of it, furs are bulky, and ingots weigh a lot. But he knows it's valuable to the right PC. (Petre also gives reasonable money for furs in general. I'm pretty sure he gives more for what you would think are more valuable furs, too. I *know* he pays well for dire wolf.)

So if you're not a crafter, you have to decide whether it's worth lugging around until you find somebody who can use it or just selling it "wholesale."

The previous stuff (e.g. bars), I've always ignored as not worth the hassle. As opposed to scrolls (which I think is part of the reason for this--to cut down on scrolls), scrolls are light, so again, no dilemma. Take 'em and sell 'em.

It does seem more reasonable that smugglers and other brigands would have this kind of loot than magic scrolls.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
I concur with there being less drops of them, that might be a easy solution.

oh, I just remembered I also found pelts in the barovian village graveyard crypt, snake skin and the like. 
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »
This might not be the best thread but since the fur drops are being discussed here...

Would it be possible to have one of the NPCs in Dementlieu's tannery buy them for similar prices to what Petre pays? All those tanners must need furs.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »
This might not be the best thread but since the fur drops are being discussed here...

Would it be possible to have one of the NPCs in Dementlieu's tannery buy them for similar prices to what Petre pays? All those tanners must need furs.

Would  be great!