You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: "Rhoslyn's Journal"  (Read 1767 times)

Meridian

"Rhoslyn's Journal"
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:10:12 PM »
~Doctor Rhoslyn. S. Sol~

"~Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything~"

"Rhoslyn's Theme"
Spoiler: show

Name~ Rhoslyn Sabel Sol
Gender~ Female
Height~ 5,8ft
Hair Colour~ Mousy Brown
Eye Colour~ Bright Azure
Voice~ Sophisticated, warm, resonating
Scent~ Rosey and herbal

Appearance:

Rhoslyn's midnight black hair cascades into a beautifully tied pattern, flowing seemingly like a waterfall
with but a few strands out of place, this is no more striking than her eyes which hold a distant dreamy
look within them, they scan her surroundings with purpose and whenever they meet the gaze of another
they held within them an eerily knowing look of piercing azure, her eyebrows arched over the curve before
dispersing onto the bridge of her dainty nose. Plump, her lips had the strangest to them as she smiles.

Her figure is petite and shapely, her skin is a moonlight pale like a porcelain ornament and just as fragile.
She isn't tall but not short either, standing at 5,8ft.

Personality:

Rhoslyn is exceptionally bright for her age, having studied a great many topics she is a natural academic.
What drives her is her desire to learn and experience new things, always seeking the next fascinating topic
to delve into. Her curious nature combined with her keen intellect have taken her far, but she still has a way
to go. One of her biggest noticeable traits is her kindness and willingness to help, while fearful of a great
many things she often braves these, and will help wherever she can.

Traits:

Driven by a sense of immense curiosity and frustratation of misunderstanding, her mind is as keen and sharp
as a freshly forge sword, analytical and acute she studies everything she can in great detail. Possessing great
intelligence and insight Rhoslyn tends to be more bookwormish than most, with that a lack awareness of her
surroundings has set in, making her a huge flump, who daydreams far to much.

Background:

Rhoslyn was born on Oerth, in a remote location to wealthy parents, who vanished while she was but a child.
The house keeper raised Rhoslyn and her two younger sisters alone. Isolated from the rest of the world the girls
became near on unseperable, Rhoslyn had a keen mind, Amelia a beautiful voice, and Igraine a heart of gold.
Living in a large manner, with equally large grounds was a blessing as the house came with plenty of space for
their imaginations to run wild, a fully stocked library for Rhoslyn's curiosity, a woodlands for Igraines animals and
music room for Amelia.

The peace they had would not last with the onset of war, and what follows war is blame and recovery, witch hunters,
angry mobs and even those in positions of power looked to anything to vent their angers, and blame those who were
innocent. Blinded by their own sense of loss and grief following the wars conclusion, a group of deserters found their
way to the manner, lead by a witch hunter who had riled up the nearby settlements. The three isolated girls would be
easy pickings to collect  the bounties on witches. Night fell the men moved in, both sadly and luckily finding only little
Igraine there.

Angry at the single isolated Igraine, the men beat her till she was black and blue, demanding to know where her sisters
were, to which Igraine never replied, she was eventually carted off to who knows where, and not seen by her grief stricken
sisters for another year, who searched high and low for her, to little avail.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:18:20 PM by Meridian »

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal"
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:42:47 PM »
[A small black book, with light brass metal straps sittng upon the front, the book is very old and worn]

"Property of Rhoslyn.S.Sol"

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal" Entry -1-
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »

~Journal Theme~

[Upon the first page of the journal is written a small quote at the top of the page]

"There exists a passion for comprehension, without this passion there would be neither mathematics nor science. The desire for this comprehension
lacks in many societies, cultures who exist still in a time worn state of hate and fear."

[The hand writting below is old and the ink worn, it is however still readable and very neatly laid out,
sitting in the middle of the first page is a single paragraph or writting.]

"I often wondered upon a great many things, from an early age I was called overly curious and nosy. Why did the ocean
retreat and approach in an endless cycle I asked myself, along with the sun and the moon as if performing some centuries
old waltz, why can patterns be observed from people to the very seasons, while others assumed it was childish curiosity
I took it for a career in the natural sciences, the thought of not knowing irked me beyound my sensibilities, I found solace
in learning and new experiences via that learning as a result, I opened my mind and allowed it to lead me."

~Rhoslyn Sol~
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:23:25 PM by Meridian »

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal" Entry -2-
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:34 AM »
[Exquisitively handwritten, with sharp points and curves]

[A small note is seen at the top, written in the corner lazily"
"I feel so lost"

"I've never bothered to keep a journal, perhaps now is a good time to begin. I've been stolen away, by an invading mist which
swept the valley in the early hours of the night, I'm not certain as to where I am but it is no longer the valley of Rothdale, the
people here speak a tongue I'm unfamiliar with, and those I've spoken with have told me of the horrors which plague this awful
nightmarish land, with many others randomly appearing from many other lands."

"In more than one way however it does remind me of home, hatred and fear is abundant, war has left its mark and the people
often at the mercy of the creatures which stalk the night. I've decided to allow myself some time to learn what I can about my
new locale before trying to find a way back home, it is truly intriguing...what force brought me here and why, perhaps nothing
more than a natural occurance."

I worry for my sisters, I hope they're doing well without me.

~Rhoslyn Sol~

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal" Entry -3-
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »
[This entry appears to be written with a shaky hand, extremely messy and vastly unlike the previous entries.]

[It almost appears as if written without focus or as if the writer wasn't looking]

Attacked...hurt..can't see...that yellow skinned elf tricked me...basement, took my eyes!

I took them...I stole them from him she said!

Why...I can't see...so dark..

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal" Entry -4-
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 06:05:52 AM »
[The entry is vastly improved in comparison to the last, but not as beautifully written as the earlier entries.]

[Below is a small paragraph, roughly written]

Magic has restored my sight though I know not how, a man took me somewhere and offered to
help, I took him up on the offer.

[The entry starts here, written in fine hand writing with sharp points and curves]

It has been almost two weeks since my eyes were taken from me, and though I've my sight is
returning, it is a slow process, my vision is still extremely blurred but I can -read- once more,
just barely, still it brings more comfort than I can express. I've taken the time to visit the orphanage
nearby, it is relaxing and comforting for myself and the children when I visit, often taking a few books
with me to read to them, sometimes if I'm early enough I'm even permitted to join for dinner which is
always a pleasure.

I can't imagine how terrified they must be, no gate nor wall just a flimsy door keeping the night and all
it contains out, poor little dears but yet here they are fine as fine can be it would seem. Still if I can help
any I shall.

"The Wayfarer Kinship"

~Wayfarers~

I also was advised by the man and lady who initially saw to my wounds and cleaned them to seek out
the Wayfarers, and the garda to report my assault. So I did and reported my attack to Pieter along with
an interest to join, I also spoke to miss Sorayanna and miss Lorianna on the matter, also Wayfarers.

He asked if I desired a bounty placed upon the elf, but I didn't wish her harm truly. What would that have
solved, she did attack me but from what I've gleamed it wasn't truly her, she has been losing her mind and
is known to be kind and help those in need. -Still- something must be done, she is a danger to others and
myself, she did mean to kill me but left due to being startled and if I were to encounter her again and she
decided to attack, I may not be as lucky, so I was advised to seek out her friends and ask for help.

Pieter also gave me a task to fufill, for his recommendation, I'm to ask about any sightings near the Orphanage
of a vampire, reportedly seen by the Ezrites of Raduta keep. I'll see to this with all haste as I do have another
story time planned with them later this evening.

[A small note below the writing, in Rhoslyn's handwriting]
The Wayfarers are a loose collection of likeminded people who wish to help others, they come from so many
backgrounds, it is pleasant to see such a group functioning, I hope I can contribute to them in some fashion.

"Signed Rhoslyn.S.Sol"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:53:57 PM by Meridian »

Meridian

Re: "Rhoslyn's Journal"
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »
[Exquisitively handwritten, with sharp points and curves]

[The entry starts here, written in fine hand writing with sharp points and curves]

~The Wayfarers~

The Wayfarers have been kind to me, and welcomed me with open arms. It does feel good to belong to an organization
which seeks to go good, and help. My eyes are entirely healed which is rather amazing considering the situation I found
myself. Given my access to the lodge now, I'm spending the vast majority of my time in the archives reading over everything
I can get my hands on, familiarizing myself with the past missions and reports of my new fellows, I can say without a doubt
I'll be at this for some time, given the sheer number of documents. I've been given a task already from our trustee which I
plan to carry out with all haste, I know a few people who could aid with it.

~The Society of the Erudites~

I've recently heard about an organization within Dementlieu, a far off land from Barovia though accessible via the nomadic
Vistani, otherwise I'd have to travel there by sea or land, which would be far to dangerous. I'm uncertain of how the Vistani
travel, though it is via the mistways which I've little understanding of.

The Society is a collaboration of philosophers and free thinkers from all walks of life, many bright minds belong to it, with
their collection of works housed in Dementlieu, within the Les Presses Du Savoir which is owned by fellow members of the
Society, the Beauchemin family. I was happy to hand two papers over, for review by the current members and if they believe
I'm suitable, with a little luck too I shall be invited to join them.