You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Poison is Medicine ~ Erzsebet Varga ~ Medicine is Poison  (Read 17471 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
An Addition to Erzsebets Journal.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
[A letter, which has been read many times, has been tucked safely into her journal.]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:08:07 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
[A page in Erzsebets Journal]
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 03:24:40 PM »
[Written in Luktar]
It's been a while since he sent me a letter. Why am I feeling this way? I should just focus on ... On.. I don't know. What is with me?

Rodica warned me about someone who may get upset over a hat now in my possession. Why would anyone get upset over a hat? It's just fabric. Besides, as far as I know Myrtle and I have no problems. I can't see how a hat could change that.

I guess though, I do miss him. Oddly. Soon I'll be heading to Berez, I've stored anything illegal, carrying only one weapon. I'm curious as to what the Burgomaster out there wants to hire outlanders for.

I'm a bit concerned that it may be a trap, but, I can slip away if needed. I wonder when his next letter will arrive.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:57:02 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »
[Written in Luktar]
Hero of Berez, even a celebration in two weeks time. Yet I wish those who were there had been less murder happy. Oh well, it is too late now, I am a kin slayer. I enjoyed seeing the life flee from them, I just wish I could of had a chance to speak to them. To learn what they were doing. And why.

Oh well, at least I've gained a title out of this. One more step for my goal. I am proud.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:57:28 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
[Written in Luktar]
So the illness is not an illness at all, but some entity, playing a game. It wants all of Vallaki dead. Whatever Toben The Many is, parasite or fiend, it's a very real threat. These past few days have been strange. A demon summoning cult of Gundarakites who kidnapped the Burgomasters family, Toben the Many causing an illness and taking any dead for itself.. I am even a Hero now.

Considering that I was attacked in broad daylight by Toben, I've decided that I will not walk around without my guard up. If Toben the Many wants to play games, it is welcome to. I was starting to get bored in Vallaki anyway. Maybe sometime I will get to sit and ask Toben questions.

Hunting it down sounds like fun. What more is the Hunt than a deadly game of chase?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Poison is Medicine ~ Erzsebet Varga ~ Medicine is Poison
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »
"I'll spend the night in the Blood of the Vine. Perhaps you can slip away."

Erzsebet stayed true to her word, and after tailoring a dress for the upcoming celebration, she trudged through the snowy Barovian night into the small dreary village. Paying for a bottle of whisky and a private room, she headed upstairs to wait.

She sat down in front of the window, watching the street below as she sipped on the alcohol. She smoothed down the red silk of her skirt, perking up as she heard him enter the room. She couldn't help but smile. The two talked long into the night, Erzsebet tending to the mans wounded side.

Much had been discussed, some things leaving Erzsebet stunned, and lacking any words to describe it.

"How can you love a childs painting when you spend every few days staring at a masterpiece?"

He thinks I am a masterpiece?
Well our Lord may not of given him a face a mother could love, but He sure as hell blessed him with words.

Being with him was intoxicating for her. They shared so much together and even for the first time, a kiss. As quick as a vipers bite, and as intoxicating as a strong venom. Her mind raced at what could be accomplished together.

"...My crimson queen..."

So many thoughts passed through her mind in that brief kiss that lasted an eternity. Someday they would make a free land for Gundarakites and Barovians alike. Free from the devils bootheel. Free from oppression.

Even in the right dosages, poisons can be beneficial.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »
[Writen in Luktar]
I feel like a fool. I've been avoiding Vallaki, as if I was afraid of Toben. I need to stop being afraid. Tonight I will go inside the walls. I just won't let my guard down
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Tucked in the pages of the journal
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »
[Written in Luktar]

So the Doctor is back in Vallaki. Ever since my epiphany things have been falling into perfect place. Oh Emanuel, I know how crafty you are, and how good you are at what you do. I respect him greatly, makes me wish I had remained in Lamordia and studied more.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Valentino, been years since I spoke my fathers name. So few memories of him, but many good ones. Even though the Black Wolf of Teufeldorf, Teodors father, is dead, that event still haunts me. I suspect it always will. Perhaps I will tell that dear man of mine of my past. The belt would look sexy around his waist.

I really should thank Melina for making that outfit. He could barely keep his hands off me after that kiss. His words are the sweetest I've ever heard. Such a fluent tongue, the way he speaks to me just... Oooh it makes me shiver inside. Perhaps I'll head back to Barovia, or maybe, better yet he can come back. Vallaki needs a proper guard on duty.

Perhaps there could be a partnership with Emanuel and guards. Lots of psychos and lunatics around Vallaki these days.

I really hope he will return soon. His touch was electric. Oh and when our dream become reality, that will be a glorious day bathed in blood and death, potential on the horizon. My ghastly king. Together we will make this a better place.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »
Heracleum Mantegazzianium: Also known as Giant Hogweed, Hogsbane

[Writen in Luktar]
All parts of the plant should be avoided touching bare skinned. They are highly phototoxic. When bare skin is exposed to the plant the initial reaction is blisters and burns, which result in deep purple scars that can last for years. These burns can take approximately fourteen days to heal and are highly painful.

It should be noted that the sap contains the most concentrated phototoxins.

Note: I've never harvested this before, honestly not keen on it. Maybe if I "tap" the stem like one does to harvest tree sap it may work best. This is not something I'd ever want to come in contact with to test.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:44:46 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
[Writen in Luktar]

I am going to go mad with all this lack of challenge. I've found nothing worth hunting, even those large ancient dire bears aren't worth it. I managed to sneak past the old man. I had hoped it would be more of a challenge to slip past him. Had I stood still and not stowed that bow, he never would have seen me, or heard me.

I guess that is one more accomplishment. I've killed trolls, crocodiles, bears, undead monstrosities, darklings and even those deadly deep forest alpha wolves. What am I going to do when I've hunted everything and nothing is a challenge anymore?

Ooouuu perhaps I could play with my prey. I suddenly get why cats do that.

I know that fear is something to be conquered, however, I don't know if I want to confront the fear of losing control.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:15:20 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »
Erzsebet knew she would have to face her weakness in order to grow, to strengthen her mind. So when the doctor placed the bottle of Tears of Lethe, Erzsebet faltered. What was she doing, why was she doing this? Could she go through with this?

She stared at the glass of wine for several long minutes, Emanuel watching her, awaiting her reaction. She stopped drumming her fingers on the table and took the glass into her hand. Without pause, she gulped down a large portion of the wine. She was so resistant to poisons that she wasn't sure how much or how little would be needed to effect her. It would turn out that two glasses was all it would take for her, unlike the doctor who could handle only one glass.

"YOU ARE MINE!" He shouted at her in frustration at her evasiveness pertaining to his questions. A swift movement from the chair and the old doctor stood in front of a very shocked and surprised Erzsebet. He began to utter the spell, and Erzsebet found herself too weak to resist. A blank expression fell over her. Vacant eyes looking up at him, awaiting orders.

"What have I done?! Oh god, what have I done? I am so sorry." Panic, regret and even fear filled the doctor upon realizing what he had done. "When I snap my fingers you will remember everything, and I just hope you decide not to kill me."

In a moment of insight, he bid the dominated woman to follow him. Without hesitation or pause, Erzsebet obediently followed the doctor's orders.

"Walk through this door please." He locked the door and vanished into his office to unlock the gate. He then told her to step into the next section.

He snapped his fingers.

Erzsebet shook her head as if to get rid of the fog and glared daggers at him. She spoke only three words. "Let me out."

"Only when I know you won't kill me."

"If I wanted you dead I'd of shot you with my crossbow."

She managed to convince him to let her out. Once freed of the caged environment, Erzsebet silently strode into Emanuel's office and took a seat on the chair. Her legs crossed and a frightening look on her face. She could see the regret on his face.

In a sudden burst of movement, Erzsebet grabbed Emanuel's collar and pulled his face inches from her own icy stare. "You will never do that again. Understand, Doctor?" She hissed menacingly. The terrified doctor simply nodded. "Good." She shoved him back towards his chair and relaxed in her own.

An understanding had been reached with the two that day. For now there was no threat for either of them.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 04:36:48 PM »
In one of the inn rooms in Ramulai, Erzsebet sat down and took out a book and quill.

[written in Luktar]

Never seen Ramulai before. It's a strange place, it's like it should be full of people seeing how it seems to be so important. It's so empty. I do wonder how long I will have to wait.

I am not finding much to do while I continue to wait. However, the chance to rest is good. I miss Fane, however, what I have the chance to witness is more important. It's a chance to learn.

I've not looked around much, but it doesn't seem like there's much to see or do. I dare not stray too far from this inn less I miss his missive. I'm excited, I don't want to miss this chance. Besides, I'm the one who brought her in and protected them both while they stupidly stayed on the road. For a doctor, he really does lack common sense.

I'm beginning to wonder how he survived to be this old.

I need to get this sap to Miuo. I don't like carrying it. But then again, it would be interesting to see if it's a toxin I can resist or not. But it only reacts with sunlight. Hmmm... It is quite the interesting plant. From what I know it does not react unless the area is exposed to sunlight. Either way, I am curious to see if it will cause any burns on the doll.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
[Written in Luktar]

The Hated Mother. What is she that could be older than Nerull? Older than the God who first tricked mortals into dying? The Wayfarers and Erudites have no texts regarding this entity. At least that is what Yunon said. I did seem to gain some clue as to who might know something. On a whim I asked Connie, his response made me suspect that he knew something. I pushed and soon I will be meeting with Dumitru in hopes of learning what she is.

As I told Connie, if they wont share what they know with me, I will find another way to learn.

I suppose looking for information is as much a hunt as stalking prey. Maybe I should get a few people together and go hunt those deep forest wolves to the west. Hm maybe I will take him with me to do that.

Funny how things are falling into place. A while back he asked me to get involved with the Morning Lord church, and now I've a way to do just that.

I do hope that mother approves of this one. I've never felt this way about anyone ever before. It is magical. The way he speaks, his skill with words... The man is even writing me a song!

I do need to tell mama that before I accept her offer, I want to bring a child into this world. I guess I just wait and pray that I will be blessed with that.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
The pale moonlight cast its shadows upon the chilled Barovian land. Gnarled and twisted black-barked trees sprouted from the forest floor of the Sullen Woods. Word had reached her of the death of the man she loved. In the darkness of those woods, she sat, reading and re-reading his final letter. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she wailed and sobbed. Her heart was broken.

He was gone, and all because he felt the need to protect her. Had she been there, had she known, had she not been out hunting bears. She could have saved him, or perhaps died at his side. Poor Erzsebet, she was beginning to think herself cursed. Every time she allowed herself to love, she ended up hurt. She ended up alone. All the men wanted to protect her, to keep her from harm. She didn't need that. She was strong, she was dangerous. She was deadly.

Stefan knew this, yet he still could not let her come to harm. He faced off that vampire without her and died. Claimed by death and sent back to the realm of the dead. She wailed and screamed in the wilds, letting the emotions and feelings strike her as she would strike the vampire. Although Erzsebet did not know very much about vampires or how to hunt them, she would learn. And she would make that vampire pay. She'd heard legends that vampires can not turn to mist when trapped in a mirrored box. If it was true, she wanted to keep that creatures head in that box. Sending it to the afterworld seemed a kindness that Erzsebet was not ready to afford this monster.

As the sun began its rise into the sky, Erzsebet arched her back and screamed at the sky. The scream echoed with pain, sorrow, hatred and a burning rage. Erzsebet could not allow herself to remain distracted like this. She had so much to do, so much to learn. Yet without his voice to guide her, she felt like the little girl she once was; alone, lost, and afraid.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 08:29:18 PM »
[Written in Luktar]

Mama and I are cursed, but there is one who claims she can take away the pain. Make the heartache I feel go away. I'm not sure if it is true, but I do trust mama.

I saw a man who gave up his own freedom to watch over the woman he loves while she slumbers. I had love like that with Fane, but never again now. I found true love. Love so intense it was hard to explain it in words. Fane understood, and he's gone. His final letter he told me how he could not bare to let harm befall me. He was going to fight that beast and hoped to win.

He lost his life and that wretched Rittmeister still lives. So many people are claiming to hunt it, but it still walks. I need to find its coffin and kill it. Or find some way to make him burn in the sun.

Although I have his lute, I'll never hear it play, I'll never hear him play it.

Although he is gone, I can still strive for our goal. I just won't ever be able to have his child, or feel the touch of his skin on mine. There is nothing I wouldn't give for my beloved to come back.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 09:57:03 AM »
I understand what I have to do now. Besides that, I want to know more about the sunless grove and black chapel. It feels strange having so many people treat me as if I were helpless... Father Miklos suggested baptism. What will I do after that, though? I've heard rumours of a man in the drain putting out some very interesting bounties. That could be a good distraction.

But perhaps not... Then again one thing is becoming quite clear. Because of my loss, they seem to treat me as if I could not care for myself. Is this normal? Last time I was grieving I was alone. Hm, I think I will go through with this baptism. A new start.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »
[written in Luktar]

What was that thing? It came out of the mists, beckoned me over, and it... Did some sort of magic and made me a mistway back to Barovia... I still don't understand it.

I asked it what it was, and it just motioned to the mists and trees around us. Could I of just met a manifestation of the mists themselves? Can they even do that? Maybe I could ask the Vistani...?

The entity didn't speak, it was just a skull, it made chattering sounds with the teeth though. And before that thing showed up the mists themselves called out to me. By name.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »

Baptism.

Such a thing Erzsebet never imagined going through, but it was called for. Despite that, she found no joy in it, no happiness either. Her heart was still gripped by sorrow for the loss of her one truest love. Erzsebet listened to Ilu as he spoke the sermon, inside her mind, she was disgusted by how optimistic it was. As if they truly believe that the good can always wash away the darkness when they don't take notice of the shadows that only exist in the light. Erzsebet would become such a shadow.

Her heart was shattered, broken and blackened by the sorrow. Her mind battled against the notion of failure. She wasn't even there to send that vampiric Falkovnian back to hell. He was likely given a swift death, which he did not deserve. No, the Rittmeister did not deserve death or undeath, it was far too kind of a fate. Torn between a longing to have one more night with her beloved Fane, and a desire to turn her heart cold as ice. It ached, and many days she kept her ghost hood up. Letting the unnatural shadows hide her face as silent tears freely flowed down her cheeks.

She was promised a way to make the pain stop. She trusted her mother deeply, monsters don't feel sorrow, and the bloody tears her mother shed for her daughters' pain was touching. Real. Erzsebet would do what she agreed to. Her question now was whether or not to reveal her personal goal to her newest allies. She knew the woman was completely insane, also powerful, the priest? He was Gundarakite. She did not trust him, however, the old man had been right. They needed each other. Especially if they were to achieve their shared dream.

Erzsebet felt that one thing would get in her way. The pain that swelled in her heart. She had not been there when he had died, nor was she there to deal with the beast that took his life. She would never get a chance to do that now. She had once been told that she would long for the things she could never have. That was a fact turning out to be too true. A child, a husband, a family. She was leaving a trail of death behind her.

Dead lovers and their offspring. She damned all of those responsible. She felt helpless. Erzsebet realized that she had tasks to do before she would ever be rewarded with what she longed for. However, the Trickster may not give her exactly what she wanted. After all, eternity can be awful dull. Love was a pretty little distraction from her cause and goals, but now she had to face the devastating loss.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:42:25 AM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »
There was darkness, she could neither hear nor see. The thought of losing her sight pulsed through her mind. To be so unaware, helpless, it terrified her. While she babbled and begged them to not take her sight, she did not hear the Corporal state that she would merely lose one eye. When the Doberman lunged at her, she regained her sight.

She stared in horror at the drooling maw of the dog, it's teeth coming right at her eye. She shrieked in both agony and terror as she felt the dog bite into her face. Teeth tore through her skin, wrenching her right eye free from the socket. Blood rushed from the gaping wound landing on the otherwise pristine snow, steam rising into the cold Barovian winter air.

Voices raised around her in a swell of noise as they argued against the law. Erzsebet felt sick, hot. The blood caked her face and robe, it matted in her hair as it mixed with sweat and tears. When the stockade was opened, she dropped to the cold ground, crawling away from the crowd. Crawling away even from those who tried to help her. Her body trembled and shook with pain. Erzsebet curled up in the cold snow, thankful for its iciness in contrast to the burning heat of the pain.

This should not have happened. It was not supposed to happen. She had worked so hard to ensure that she would not be arrested simply for being Gundarakite. It filled her with a bitterness she thought she had escaped. That resentment felt towards Barovians. The Private had been desperate to find something to hold her for. Especially when she proved that she earned the permit for a weapon. She had complied and thought that by doing so, she would escape such events altogether. Yet, that man was so desperate he found a copy of Van Richten's Excerpts that she had hidden in a false bottom of a bag, wrapped in silk undergarments.

This renewed a hatred she harboured for her whole life. How hard it was to be reminded in such a way. Such a harsh reminder that just because she had worked hard, did not mean she was any more than a filthy Gundarakite to them.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 01:48:46 PM »
Filthy Barovian sleaze bag. He had no damned reason to arrest me. No right to strip me, tie me to that post, or to take my damned eye!

It seems that no matter what I am still nothing more than second rate shit to Barovians. Perhaps it's time for a change of pace.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »

It had been months since Erzsebet had checked the bounties posted by the Devil himself. The rewards for the two remaining bounties were impressive. She wrote down the information on the wanted men. There was potential in this. Erzsebet would focus her anger in a productive direction, even if only from the shadows.

The time was coming for her to take action. While she had hoped to achieve at least equality by showing both sides they can get along, it was clear now that she had infact been naive and foolish. Her dreams were filled with strange visions of blood rivers and a throne of bones. By her side in his own throne sat Stefan Albescu. Gaunt and deathly with eyes that burned with hatred. They shared a glass of blood together from a bounty of hanging corpses. Hanging Barovian officials. Hand in hand they walked beneath the blood red moon towards a castle, smiling at their greeting. A bodyless head whose crown was lifted and donned by Erzsebet.

She awoke that night and sat up in her bed. Her mind raced to remember the details of the swiftly vanishing dream.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
Another man dead in her wake. This marked the third Barovian man to die since she came to Vallaki. Could the Priest of the Old God have been right? Did Nerull see something in Erzsebet that he granted her minor grasp of nature's magic, yet cursed her with a trail of death?

Miklos was dead. With his death, went part of her plans. Deep in the woods, she screamed towards the heavens and hells for clarity. Why did she leave a trail of death of those she did not want to die? Why did it continue to happen? Was this some punishment?

Her dire wolf curled around her, wrapping his tail around the crying woman. Erzsebet sniffled and scratched the wolf's head. "You're a good boy." She whispered to the animal.

"Is this all because of Teodor and his cursed line? Is it because I laid with him that I am so cursed?" She mused as she stared up into the night sky.

As a shooting star shot across the night sky, Erzsebet made a wish. "I wish to have clarity. Lord have mercy on me."

She had learned that there was a funeral to be held in Barovia, but the aches and loss had taken a toll on her. She was weary, worn, and so tired. Despair tried to read its head in her direction, reminding her of all her failures. No, not failures, her lessons. She could learn from them. She could improve herself. It was to be in her weakness that she would find strength.

Yet that strength would grow slowly as the woman lay with the wolf deep in the woods. The glowing red embers of the fire slowly dimmed and died out, casting the pair in the silvery white light of the moon. The trees swayed in the cool night breeze and carried with it the howls of wolves, chirping of crickets and the croaking of frogs. The stream gurgled in the distance as Erzsebet let loose a heartbroken wail. Her animal companion chimed in with his own melancholic cry.

She began to pray, and beseech the Gods and the Hated Mother for strength, forgiveness, and wisdom.

Deep inside her, she felt something stir, what? She could not tell. She needed to let go of the past, let go of her attachments to the Barovians who had stolen her heart and innocence.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »

My cousin has shown up in Vallaki. I guess my family has heard of me. Gundarakite woman granted permission to carry a sword in Vallaki, merchant and rich. Surprised that he is still alive, I sort of pity him. His father disowned him due to his illness. I can see that passion in his eyes though. He is far from dead.

I need to work for my goal. Maybe he can be useful. I need to find a safe place to meet with others who share the same goal. Freedom. I need to regain my footing in Vallaki. So what if Teodor ruined my chances with the Red Vardo Traders? Did I really want to associate myself with that bunch of criminals? Or did I just want the protection they offered?

I can't even use my favourite bar to meet with others. That group has their hands in every business in Vallaki, it disgusts me. How can I gain any footing when they all try to push me down when they all try to shove me under the bridge, drown me in despair. No more.

I was naive to hope for a non-violent solution. To hope for minimal bloodshed. I see now that if I am going to walk among the beasts, I too must become a beast. I must show everyone that I am so much more than they think. Teodor, son of the Black Wolf, the Barovian Bastard who destroyed my life. His family is a curse upon my life.

His father made it so I can't carry a child to term. His father stole my innocence and killed my mother. Teodor has ruined my chances with so many things. Barovian scum just like Mama said. I will stand strong. I will regain my footing and this time I will be stronger, tougher and fiercer than ever before.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
[Written in Luktar]

My cousins' strange sickness has taken a turn for the worse. There is a strange serpentine growth on his back and I would swear I heard a snakes hiss. Once my back is properly sutured I'll examine Imres back. I suspect whatever is making him ill is related to that growth.

It is such a sad thing when a human man is less manly than a male elf. I regret ever speaking to that old, washed up sellsword. Ever since Fane died everything has just collapsed around me. Even the simplest of things set me off now.

It is hard to focus and stay directed. I don't even know how to begin getting that information about the library and the hands of dawn. Who have I even become? Times like these make me wish Emanuel was around. Creepy and peculiar as he is, he does have good advice at times.

The current rebels are idiots. Blowing things up, causing more damage than good. It must be a result of that, that the garda are so keen to believe the lies of a whore.

I think I have stared into the devils face too long. That darkness hasn't just looked back at me, I think it is inside. All the trauma and suffering I endured. All the injuries and wounds, the battles fought to build up my reputation... Gaspar was right, I was naive.

Lord, how I was naive. Thinking that I could ever become more than I am. But I am all that I am. I need to stop trying to be what I am not, and embrace the cold, harshness within. No more shit, no more distractions. The time for flights of fancy is done.

I just hope I can stay on track this time.

Perhaps my choice to lay with the sons of the devil is why I've never seen such... Gentleness from a man.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
[A Page in Erzsebets Journal]
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
[The following is written in a shaky hand, and tear stained. It is written in Luktar]

I have lost everything that mattered now. Love, hope, dreams. I worked so damn hard to EARN that permit. And just like that, this bitch has cost me it. I have fallen so far. I lost all that mattered.

What is more, is how they have done little to arrest the man who tried to murder me, and now they have made me easier to kill. Mama is right, I shouldn't trust men, least of all Barovian men. However, I am beginning to believe that there really is a curse on this family.

I will have to ask Imre if he knows anything about a familial curse. Mama doesn't seem to remember a whole lot from her time alive. Perhaps she does though.

//Modified due to characters arrest being retconned
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:32:41 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan