You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Poison is Medicine ~ Erzsebet Varga ~ Medicine is Poison  (Read 17487 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:16:05 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Poison is Medicine ~ Erzsebet Varga ~ Medicine is Poison
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »
Ten years had passed since the death of her mother. Erzsebet had spent most of that time wandering around Barovia hunting to get by. She'd even spent a while with her grand parents, in Borca. It had cost her all she had, but she'd made it there, and was glad to be out of Barovia for the recent death of her mother turned her bitter to the land, and she could not bare to linger. She was fifteen when that happened and still today, ten years later, that event replayed in her mind.

Barovian soldiers had come to quell a rising rebellion of the Gundarakites in her home town, and despite her insistence that her mother was not in such, she was executed, and Erzsebet was made to watch the horrible scene. She was left alone, a young woman with nothing left but a growing dislike for her cruel oppressors. Her father had long since been missing, and she thought him dead.

When she finally returned, she lingered around Vallaki, hunting in the woods for Fang. She preferred the woods to the cities, there no one would tell her what to do, no one would arrest her simply for being Gundarakite. She felt safer with the wolves that prowled than with the guards who protected the people of the city.

She learned of the rebellion starting in Ziedenburg, she was set to join and help her people, truly believing that the native Barovians were all the same. Cruel, hate filled beings that treated her kind worse than outlanders. While she didn't want a war to start, it was growing clear that they did. Uncertainty began to grow, and Erzsebet began to mull over the idea of joining. If she joined, she'd become an enemy of Barovia in total, but if she did not help her people, their oppression would continue.

Something had to be done, and now she was faced with the tough choice. Join her people and fight for their rights, or avoid it completely. Perhaps, she thought, perhaps there is a way this can be resolved without violence.. Yet if she were to try that, she would have to join her kin.

What was she to do?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:40:20 PM »
The wolves of the forest were often times violent. They would attack and leave the corpses behind. That is why Erzsebet hunted them, that and their pelts fetched a fair price. Yet as time went on, she began to hunt them for the challenge, fighting them hands on with a sack of lead or a dagger, sometimes even both. For her this became a way of training, she believed that if she could not hunt a wolf, how could she hunt man?

It became her dirty secret. The hunt, she viewed man as the toughest creature to hunt, and a challenge for herself. Every time she was reminded of the nature of Barovians, she grew more and more upset. It was easy to forget the nature of the beast when it is your friend.

During one night under the new moon, she sat deep in the woods, a small fire burning and boar meat roasting over it. The smoke and smell enticed not only her, but a young starving wolf. It crept along the edge of the fire light, eyeing the roasting meat. After a while, when the wolf thought Erzsebet was unaware it approached.

As the starved wolf was about to bite into the roasting boar, its eyes were met with deadly end of a crossbow. Arrow poised for a lethal shot. For ten minutes they stared at each other, neither making a move. The silence broken by the crackle of the fire. Erzsebet lowered the crossbow and tossed half the meat to the wolf who ravenously devoured it, gently rubbing against her leg.

Erzsebet reached down to pet the wolf with a smile on her face. "Can I call you Vona?" She asked softly, the wolf barked happily.

Sometimes the best way to learn to fight the beast, is to befriend it.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:14:02 AM »
Stranger things had happened to her than a random note appearing out of no where. However, this note caught her interest.

"There was once a place in the Grey City's Noble District know as 'The Malodorous Goat Tavern'.

It has long since burned down - but there are still things to find around it's hearth.."

Of all the reasons it caught her interest, it was the name of the old tavern. She decided, why not? And made her way into the city's noble district. It did not take her long to find the burned down building, not did it take long for her to discover an ornate jewelry box. Silver with gold inlays, and studded with pearls, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

That was until she opened it. Inside the box was another note.
"For Erzsebet. Remember this spot." But that was not all, the note was accompanied by a beautiful red rose, a ruby ring and a sapphire ring. Despite the nagging feeling this might be the work of a stalker, she smiled. She'd never thought she would ever be gifted such expensive items.

She looked around, trying to spot the one who had placed it there for her, yet she saw nothing. Whoever did it, had planned it well. A mystery for her to solve. An admirer, who seemed too shy to confess to her. Those gifts set her mood for the day, a glow of happiness about her.

Hours passed and once the Gaping Wound opened, she made her way there once more. Strong liquor, good company and gambling. Nothing could beat that, well unless she had won at gambling. The night was filled with cursing, laughing and drink.

As the dawn crept up, it was soon only Erzsebet and Kafka inside. She learned that not only did she have one admirer, but three. She was astounded by that fact. She had all the class of a rat, and a heart cold as ice, yet somehow, some one found her alluring. It had not dawned on her that Teodor was fond of her until Kafka told her. He was most amused by her shock to learn that she was admired.

It was a night of surprises for her, the most surprising thing came to her when Kafka asked her out to dinner. Erzsebet was hesitant at first, but perhaps it was the drink that coaxed her to agree, or perhaps she just wanted to. It was agreed, they would go out to dine in one of the most high end locales. Butterflies swarmed and fluttered in her stomach as she left the tavern.

For all that she could do, all her capabilities, she dreaded that she might make a mistake in that fancy restaurant. He had connections and had assured her there would be no problems, Erzsebet hoped he was right. At the same time, she began to wonder about Teodor, and how badly he might take this.

Erzsebet chuckled to herself and shook her head. Getting all concerned over a Barovian, when did that happen? She mused as she staggered up to her room to rest her drunken body. As she lay on the bed, she reached into the jewelry box and slipped the two rings on her fingers to admire before passing out.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:24:04 PM »
She never would of thought that someone would be foolish or brave enough to steal a corpse from the floor of the Morning Lord church, yet that is precisely what happened. Erzsebet and a few others had sought to find Teodor, since he had not returned from his venture into the shadow caves. Those caves proved deadly even with the magic of a skilled wizard, yet she was determined to retrieve his body for a fifth time.

The three battled their way into the cave, danger was all around them, creatures made of shadow stalking them in the blackness of the cave. They did not make it very far before they were forced to flee. Erzsebet ran from the cave followed by the other fighter. She heard him fall as the creatures chased her up level after level until at last she found safety in the Dwarven mine. Felix, the wizard, soon caught up to her.

"Let's wait for him. I got him up and concealed him." Felix told her, she gave a nod, though she suspected that he had fallen again since he never came up. She went to seek him, and could not find him, that was because the man had not fled into the mines, but further into dangers way. Felix was very brave, once they had retrieved the mans corpse from the dark stalkers he told her to get him seen to, as he would go himself into the caves once more to find Teodors remains.

While Felix searched, Erzsebet hauled the warriors corpse up to the Dwarven priest, who tried to bring him back. Perhaps the priest did so intentionally, or perhaps the ritual went wrong, but the man came back as a zombie. Erzsebet was forced to cut the man down. She lacked the funds to attempt to bring him back again, and so she went down to the mines to wait for Felix.

He returned shortly with Teodors corpse and descended once again to seek his weapon and gold. There was no luck to be had in that, and so, the two left. Felix gathered the warriors corpse and Erzsebet carried Teodor from Dvergheim all the way back to the outskirts of Vallaki. She feared that if she tried to have the Dwarf bring him back, he'd return a zombie. She did not want to risk that. It was a slow, long walk through the night, but the two made it to the church safely.

They paid Lizuca to return Teodor to life, yet he did not come back right away. So, Erzsebet sat there and watched over him until he would return. Hours passed, when suddenly, she noticed his corpse was gone. Her eyes darted around the church taking note of those who were no longer present. Constantine, herself and a few others scoured the church and around it. There was no sign of him.

This was when she saw that darkly clad Pitic come back into the church without the woman who had sat with him all that night. She took no hesitation as she began to demand him tell her where Teodor was. Of course, the gnome denied the accusations, and it was soon determined that his female companion had gone to sell things they found in the crypts. Erzsebet bolted outside to check the Vistani, yet she was not there. Apparently, so the gnome said, the tiny woman had gone to Blaustein to sell. Erzsebet demanded he take her there.

When he refused, she grew furious threatening him if he had any involvement in it. She and Constantine gathered a group consisting of a Wayfarer, an Ezrite Inquisitor and a few others. They began to hunt around for Teodors remains.

While they did not find the remains, they found the woman who was supposed to be in Blaustein. She was near a stone circle one could assume to perform some ritual. The Inquisitor had tracked her there and when Erzsebet and the Light Carrier met up with him he agreed to take them to her.

The small woman was bloodied, beaten and afraid. Erzsebet lost control she grabbed the petite woman by the clasp of her cloak and ordered her to give her Teodor. Elena and Lorianna tried to stop Erzsebet from hurting the minute girl. She violently pushed them away as she stared down at the halfling with eyes burning with a passionate rage.

Shouting questions and expecting answers, soon the halfling confessed that she was in fact doing a ritual. A sacrifice for her cards. Erzsebet ignored this and invasively searched the halfling with haste. She found nothing and demanded she strip. The others stepped in, and argued in the darkness of the night. Erzsebet was relentless in her questions and demands. In due time, the halfling agreed to be searched.

Lorianna searched her, Elena stood guard to protect the little woman from the furious Gundarakite. They found nothing. No remains, no trace of Teodor. Overwhelmed by fear that she would never see him again, she dropped to her knees and began to sob. Those tears did not last long as they swiftly turned back to hatred and anger.

Once the searching of the halfling was complete, and Lorianna, Elena and the Inquisitor had left Erzsebet asked the halfling to use her cards to help her find Teodor. In the end the cards turned to be a pointless distraction, and Erzsebet wandered off to try and find him. Constantine eventually caught up with her, and they continued their search, talking.

With a sudden moment of clarity, Erzsebet realized that she could of saved so much time by having her wolf track him. They agreed to try this. Returning to the church, Erzsebet called Vona out and by some miracle, the wolf caught his scent. She led them out into the night, with the help of the Inquisitor, Viorela and later Lorianna, they found him.

However finding him led to some very curious questions. Why was there a locked room with a secret passage that led to the wolf den nearby in the cellar of the Fishing lodge? Erzsebet cared little at the time. She had found Teodor, and so for a second time that day, she carried his corpse back to the church. She would not make the same mistake a second time, and sat with his head placed tenderly in her lap, waiting for him to return to life.

She defended his remains from a armoured brute who wanted to convince her that he was dead for good. He wasn't, and when he stirred, the armoured man threatened him thinking Teodor undead. Erzsebet hugged Teodors head to her chest protectively and in turn threatened the man should he lay a finger on the Barovian in her lap.

As things died down, and attentions turned to a vampire outside, Erzsebet allowed the days exhaustion to catch up with her. Rest was required for the both of them. Waiting till day break, Erzsebet made her way to the inn, paying for a room and collapsing on the bed with a small smile. She knew he was safe and sound, as for the ones who took his remains, that remained uncertain. Erzsebet was convinced that it was the halfling woman and her gnomish friend. Whether she would ever find the culprits or not remained as much as mystery as to why they stole his remains. For now, she was just happy that Teodor was alive and safe, she let herself drift off to a blissful slumber.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
A Page from Erzsebets Journal
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
Condition of test subject prior to exposure was rested, and in good health.

Subject ingested deer meat poisoned with Viper Venom. Ten minutes have passed with no reaction to the poisoned meat.

Conclusion of test is successful.

Topic of test venom resistance; Prior attempts have been drops in increasing amounts to open injury. First attempt with ingesting results in mild stomach cramps.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:43:50 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: A Page from Erzsebets Journal
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »
[The following is penned hastily, by a shaking hand]

Today I hunted man. I killed two men. I have never felt a better thrill or anything quite like this. Why did I enjoy it so much?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »
It has now been eleven years since I was home. The more I hear about the Invidians possibly working with my kin, the less I like it, and the happier I am not to be home. Teodor wants me to meet his family. I think that would be amusing to see his fathers face when his, now rich, son presents me. Half Borcan and half Gundarakite, and quite well off myself. It's odd feeling for vulnerable.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
Krofburg, an isolated comunity in the Ghakis mountain. Teodors home. They had walked up to his old childhood home discussing the past. Both were nervous about how the meeting would go, but Teodor was determined and wanted Erzsebet to meet his family. Despite her own fears and reluctance, she agreed.

Tensions tightened as step by step they headed to the vineyard that was his home. All that remained there was a burned down house. Surely this couldn't be his home. Teodor had become silent as he stared at the house and called out for his family, but there was no reply, and Erzsebet knew why. She stared at the names on the grave stones near the forest. Name after name, tragedy had taken his family from him.

A neighbour came over after hearing the shouting. He did not recognize Teodor at first, but when it dawned on him who he stood before, he was shocked, telling the two lovers that everyone had believed Teodor dead, like his family. Erzsebet knew the pain of loosing your family, but still, it took her time to gather the will to show Teodor the graves.

Soon they learned what had happened. "White Fever". That is what had claimed the house hold, and all its inhabitants. Sorin had spoken before his death of a fear that his past would catch up to him. He had seen a darkly clad woman in the shadows, watching him. Whatever the figure was, real or imagined, it changed not the fact that Teodor was the last of the Dragomir family of Krofburg.

Before Teodor and Erzsebet left the old farm, Teodor was given something, the only thing that was not destroyed. A nightmarish belt that Erzsebet knew all too well. The snarling silver wolf was the last thing she had seen on that wretched day where she lost her innocence and her mother.

The Black Wolf of Teufeldorf.

A fearsome man who comitted many atrocities, a man who haunted Erzsebets nights for eleven years. The laughter of the men as her mother was strangled and she was violated. Pain, and flashes of that belt filled her mind as she looked it over. Disgust, hatred, fear, rage, sorrow.. Erzsebet had found herself in love with the son of the very man who hurt her.

But that man was no more. He was dead.

The Black Wolf of Teufeldorf was no more.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 01:15:23 PM »
The Black Wolf of Teufeldorf.
The man who violated me.
The man who killed my mother.
The man who haunted my dreams, and my nightmares.

But now he's dead. However, he was also Teodors father. I've slept with Teodor.. The Black Wolfs son. For me, this is a good thing. He's dead, and has no power over me. But I don't feel any better.

Teodor wants to hunt the vampire who killed his family. While I don't think killing his fmaily was needed, I'd like to thank this vampire for getting rid of that rotten son of whore called Sorin. I understand the vampire taking them all. Especially if it is Sorins past catching up with him.

I used to dream about the things I'd do to that man. Horrible things..

I remember it happening. The men laughing as my mother was strangled. It seems like I was so small eleven years ago. Most of that day is a blur, all that comes back to my mind are awful flashes of that past. Maybe now that he is dead, and I have his belt the dreams and memories will rest for good.

Maybe I will burn the belt like Teodor wants.

Or maybe, maybe I can find a use for it. Use my past as fuel for what's to come.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 05:16:04 PM »
[The following is written in a very shaky hand]
She called me her flower.
She said her gift to me would be exterminating the blood line of the "Wolf".
Been eleven years since I was called 'Flower'
I missed it.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 05:33:20 PM »
Erzsebet sat out under the moon staring at the lakes crystalline reflection of the waxing moon. In her hand was the belt of the Black Wolf of Teufeldorf, yet her mind was elsewhere. Her mind was focused on her mother. On the skills that she gave her, the love and care.

Szabina wanted only to protect her little flower. She had failed in life, and now, she would hunt every last drop of blood from Sorins blood line. From Teodors father. Erzsebet screamed in frustration, her cry breaking the peaceful silence. Tears flowed from Erzsebets hazel eyes, as she began to hum the melody from her childhood lullaby.

How cruel fate can be. Two lovers now shouldering the sins of their families. Each responsible for the others misery. Teodor, whose father was the dreaded lieutenant responsible for Erzsebets nightmares. And Erzsebet, whose mother has now killed Teodors entire family, and was threatening to kill him.

"I wasn't strong enough to protect you then... But I am now..."

A whimper came from behind Erzsebet as Vona curled protectively around the sobbing woman.

Slowly the mournful cries faded, and the lullaby hummed by the young woman.

Peace settled over the place, wolf and maiden sleeping whilst the fireflies danced, upon the lake shone the moon and stars.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:46:10 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »
Why did it have to be this way?

My past suffering was due to his father, and now, the loss of his family and his current pains are because my mother killed them.
My mother killed his family. She wants to kill him. This is the last thing I wanted.
I understand why Mother did that, it is what I was going to do when I had tracked Him down. And I understand Teodor wanting revenge against my mother.
What is this? Some twisted curse of fate?
Or is it just coincidence.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

War.

It had officially reached Vallaki, with Invidians attacking in a small scouting group. For all Erzsebet had done to try to become stronger, the recent events brought back those feelings of weakness and helplessness.

Andras, for quite some time Erzsebet had wanted to ask him for his side of the story. Find out what exactly spurred that initial event. She took too long to act, and that delay instilled such terror and despair in her. When the news reached her that Teodor had been murdered and taken, Erzsebet was filled with dread. She did not want to loose him. A disturbing coldness filled her hazel eyes as she began to prepare for the hunt to come. Allies were called upon, word was spread, but for whatever reason, Teodor was returned.

Erzsebet had been away searching for her lovers body, and was returning to Vallaki when she saw a familiar form. He pushed back his hood, over whelmed with joy and sadness and relief, the small Gundarakite ran into his arms crying as she embraced him. She finally understood, as she had told her own mother. She was still weak. She knew she could not currently act, revenge would wait, and just as when she would hunt, she would only strike when she knew she could kill. She had a long way to go before she got there, but she would not forget, and she would not forgive.

War was the time when chaos crept out in its vilest forms. Vampires, were-beasts, and further terrifying creatures were oozing out of the mists and crevices of the land. As if the impending war over Vallaki acted like a beacon for trouble.

This was the ideal time to put her plans in motion. Especially if she was granted that permit. One step towards equality, soon, perhaps she would call out to her fellow Gundarakites, urge them to aid Vallaki. Perhaps in exchange for their aid, they could gain rights. A small smile formed on her lips at the idea of a land where Gundarakites and Barovians co-exist. It was a dream, but not one Erzsebet would let go of.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:36 PM »
A permit. I can now legally carry a proper weapon. The first step to my goal is complete. I am more than happy right now. This will make so many things easier. If I can show that Gundarakites can be trusted, and that we aren't all rebels, maybe just maybe, I will be able to achieve some rights for my kin, at least in Vallaki. Small steps, towards a huge goal. Equality.

On a less favourable note, I'm told another has fallen victim to that man. Should of acted when we had the chance the first time.

I want to celebrate for being granted this permit!
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »
Subtlety has failed me. Seems someone who was aware of the plans has told him. I can only think it be the Vardo woman. She was the only one who knew what we were doing. I am coming to a dire point. Perhaps some prayers to the Old God might grant me some fortune.

I had planed to deal with this mess quietly, but it would seem that is no longer an option. Well that's fine by me. I must simply make plans for a new tactic. I must admit that I am disappointed in the Red Vardo Traders. Claiming they will help us, yet having that woman working on both sides. I am going to have to take this into my own hands and act the way I want to.

I'm sorry Teodor, but your method is not going to work. And I can't die. I've a child growing within me, and I can not allow him to murder me and an innocent baby.

//OOC: removed name due to fears of metagaming.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:39:48 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
A liar, a skilled liar. I wonder what lies he has spewed to others. But, I am with child. I will wait, I will get stronger, and when the day comes. I WILL make him pay. Perhaps his woman doesn't need to die. Perhaps knowing that her lover is gone and she will never have him again, perhaps that will be enough.

I thought I was strong, but this, and this fear.. I'm weak. Weak in my mind, and physically. Will I ever become as strong as I need to be? Perhaps while I let my hatred and desire for revenge fester, I should focus on getting rights for the Gundarakites of Vallaki, perhaps even for all of Barovia.

Right now my mind is full of rage. Rage directed not at Andras, but at myself. For being weak, for not acting, for waiting so long. Now here I sit, sipping on wine that was to be poisoned and shared with them. But now that is all off, everything I planned for, everything I hoped for. All of it is over. Fang wasted, planning wasted.

So the root cause of everything finally surfaces. A testing of magic confused for assault. A garda greedy to show off for a woman. An unnecessary execution to impress her. What a disgusting mess. People I trusted and heeded turned out to be the very ones responsible.

Serves me right for putting any sort of faith in outlanders, or Barovians.

Hm. I'll trust Teodor, but no one else. Even Teodor wont know everything I do. Or plan. I think I will do some more reading in this book I bought in Port. This so called "Prince of Twilight", the rituals in here.. Maybe there is something I can gain from them. Power or strength. I can not keep on going like I have been.

I've walked the line for so long now, I need to decide which side of it to stand on.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 12:28:07 AM »
Silphium.

Erzsebet mixed two spoonfuls in a glass of wine and gulped it down. Anger, and sadness mixed in her heart as she came to terms with the loss of the child she had so happily had. Whether the child was still growing, or dead, it didn't matter, it was a risk to her life to continue it. Three different doctors had told her the same thing. She could no longer ignore the truth.

She had lost the child. Recklessness, drinking and violence all contributed to it, and she could not deny it any longer. In truth, neither Erzsebet or Teodor were ready for the gift of a child. She would spend time that night crying in his arms. Lamenting over the loss of the child that was causing her pain.

It had been so long since she had first injested Silphium that she no longer remembered how it would effect her, thankfully the Halaite Mikkel had said he would not be far should she need him. Knowing such eased her mind some. She had learned a lot for the future, and hoped that in time, she could give Teodor the child he desired, the family he wanted. It would be a while before that would happen though, and Erzsebet found herself praying that the next time they tried, it would be problem free.

In the mean time, she had things to focus on. A strange situation to unwravel and leathers to work.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
[A page from Erzsebets Journal]
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »
Fate is twisted. Medical examination showed that the child was not where it should of been, letting it grow would of killed me. Like father like son, both caused me to ingest Silphium. The more I think on it, the colder I feel. Is this hatred? Sadness? Where is it directed? At who? Or what?

It doesn't matter.

I'll just focus on other things. Part of me wonders if the venoms and poisons I've subjected myself to may of had negative effects. Perhaps they have aided in causing this trouble. I will have to study it.

And I need to send those invitations to my grand parents in Levkarest, Teodor is insistent on meeting them at the wedding.

I wonder if I could find a way for mother to be there.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 05:39:16 PM »
Erzsebet wanted equality between the Gundarakites and Barovians, and yet again, another Barovian entered her life. A peculiar oddity. Both began with hatred and slowly grew to friendship, and with Teodor, more.

Never once was she religious, she went along for blackmail purposes, doubtful that anything would happen. When that corpse spoke, her entire perspective was shaken. He was real, it was more than wives tales. All her years of doubt, her recent struggles with bearing a child, it clicked in. In her mind, it was clear she had such troubles because of neglect.

That event brought two enemies closer than ever before. Brought Erzsebet another tiny step closer to her goal.

She would gain favour, and pray for a child. Erzsebet wanted Teodor to be happy, she wanted to give him a family. It pained her to see him so upset. So cold.

But she was cold too. It was how she coped. Certainly the Heart of Ice around her neck added to her coldness. How long had she felt numb?

As the hot blood gushed over her hands, as she watched the life vanish from her eyes, that coldness vanished. The thrill, the scent, the sound. It was intoxicating, it made her feel alive. It made her realize that she had missed the hunt more than she realized.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:41:51 AM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 08:51:49 AM »
[Written in Luktar]

Have I lied to myself about how much I enjoy spilling blood? The satisfaction of it is beyond words. Stalking prey, hunting them down. These things and more make up the passion I feel when hunting. I don't know if I can give that up. Teodor would want me to. Could I give up part of myself?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »
Upon the hidden leaves and vines that have been carved into her left forearm, Erzsebet began to carve a new addition. A small bell like flower dangles from one of the vines; upon which sit several round plump berries. As she takes her time to draw in the finer details with her dagger, she adds a subtle sort of shading to indicate the darkness of the berries.

Smiling down at the bleeding art upon her arm, she picked up a quill, dipped it in her blood and began to pen down the image in her journal, along with a description of the plant.

Atropa Belladonna, Deadly Nightshade, Devils herb

Symptoms may be slow to appear but last for several days. They include dryness in the mouth, thirst, difficulty in swallowing and speaking, blurred vision from the dilated pupils, vomiting, excessive stimulation of the heart, drowsiness, slurred speech, hallucinations, confusion, disorientation, delirium, and agitation. Coma and convulsions often precede death.

The berries are slightly sweet. Highly toxic.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: A Page from Erzsebets Journal
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 05:00:30 PM »
[Written in Luktar]

Why did this have to happen? Teodor, much like my father, left on business and vanished. I haven't heard from Teodor in a while. I should of known this would happen. Mother warned me.

Serves me right for falling for a Barovian. I feel numb. Dread sinking in as I realize I probably never will see him again. At least I hadn't sent an invitation to my grand parents for the wedding.

I will pray for guidance. Perhaps ask the man who speaks for a God for guidance. I do know one thing though. I need to return to my goal. Vallaki is the key. I can try to lead the Gundarakites into a time where we are equals. I just need to gain more allies. Spread my messege to them.

I've spent a good while hunting lately, it helps me to calm down. It is like a release; the hunt. Yet I am growing bored with my prey.

Mother was right, Teodor would only hurt me. His dissapearance and, what I can only assume, his death..
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »
For hours she sat in that damp cave, staring at the hat in her hands. Her gloveless hands felt the fabric of the iconic hat. They danced along the plume that adorned it. Mystified by the action of the man she once thought to be heartless, she chuckled and laughed at it. It seemed like something right out of a fairy tale, or a dream.

Religion was turning out to truly be life changing, certainly for them both. Erzsebet looked around the cave, making sure she was alone. She pushed her hood off and donned the hat.

"He gave me his hat! He actually gave me his hat.." She mused, laughing again. She didn't know why she was laughing, or how she felt. She was giddy, perhaps even touched by the action of that man. So much had changed in such a short time. What was going on? Why was this former enemy growing on her?
What would happen now?

"I offered my woman instead of you."

Those words and their message struck a chord deep inside of her. She had more use than lover. But why?

Teodors letters had ceased and Erzsebet was coming to understand that he was never returning. She would not have to hide her faith and deeds from him. How strange that things fall into place.

"Freedom from the Devils bootheel."

For both Gundarakite and Barovian alike. It was like a dream come true.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »

Who would ever seen two opposites matching so well? Surely it should not work, yet somehow, it does. Such is the case with Erzsebet and Stefan. Beatings, abuse, threats and worse coloured their past together, but, those very things brought them closer.

A whores orphaned son, and an orphaned Gundarakite. Faith and fate played a role in their meeting. A hat had changed so many things, and set something new into play. A bottle of Delaroux Temptation that she had been saving to poison a foul man was shared between the two. Their last night before he was sent away.

The couple sat in a skeezy inn room, drinking the fine wine from the bottle like savages. Certainly something the Dementlieuse would call them, if they could see the prized wine being drank like common swill. It was a freeing night, an awkward night. Neither of them really knew what to say, or what to do. But, as it turned out, neither of them needed words. It was a shared feeling, a shared thought.

Faith, a shared religion, a shared miracle had turned that burning hatred into something far more powerful, and something far more destructive.

As dawn crept up on them, Erzsebet found herself not wanting him to leave. A strange thought donned on her that moment.

"I am going to miss you more than I ever did Teodor.."

A hesitant departure, and a longing touch. Erzsebet sighed wistfully as she lay down on the bed and stared at the ceiling with a smile on her face. Her fingers played with the black feather of the hat.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan