Author Topic: Scrolls  (Read 3108 times)

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Scrolls
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but since the hak update, I feel like more scrolls are spawning in loot containers. When I first arrived here, I felt like scroll were much more rarer than they are right now.

I liked the fact that scroll were rarer (if they were) and I was wondering if their spawn rate have been increased with the hak update or if it's just me.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »
well, there's how many more spells? more spells means more scrolls means more of a chance that they drop from their respective category
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 11:18:18 PM »
well, there's how many more spells? more spells means more scrolls means more of a chance that they drop from their respective category

His math checks out.
: )

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:41:23 PM »

His math checks out.

Math confirmed, it is math

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »

His math checks out.

But what if the math is constrained on the tables and the more math from more scrolls isn't even considered on the drop rates?

Math. Just saying.
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:54:57 PM »

His math checks out.

But what if the math is constrained on the tables and the more math from more scrolls isn't even considered on the drop rates?

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

I'm not surprised. I'm no good at math. LOL. Nevermind then. LOL. 

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 01:03:54 AM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

Maths is viewed often as evil when it is awesome!

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 01:17:24 AM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

(More + More * More) + (More*More) - 0 = Mas

Seems to work. LOL.

-Semi-Retired-

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 08:42:40 AM »
Even considering the fact that there are more spell, I still feel like there are too many scrolls spawning in loot container.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think that because there are more spells there should be more scrolls spawning. Scrolls might look banal, but they are in fact very powerful since they count as extra spells. I really liked the fact that scrolls we rarer before as I said before, it was still possible to gather a lot of scroll for extra spells, but it was harder and longer so you had to be more careful using them because you didn't knew when you would get an other one.

Now if I want a scroll I just have to go to the vistani shop in the Mist Camp where the shop is always full of scroll, and these scroll aren't necessarily low lvl spell. I see a lot of lvl 7, 8 and even 9 spell which can be pretty strong for a wizard if they get a bunch of them.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 08:56:53 AM »
Even considering the fact that there are more spell, I still feel like there are too many scrolls spawning in loot container.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think that because there are more spells there should be more scrolls spawning. Scrolls might look banal, but they are in fact very powerful since they count as extra spells. I really liked the fact that scrolls we rarer before as I said before, it was still possible to gather a lot of scroll for extra spells, but it was harder and longer so you had to be more careful using them because you didn't knew when you would get an other one.

Now if I want a scroll I just have to go to the vistani shop in the Mist Camp where the shop is always full of scroll, and these scroll aren't necessarily low lvl spell. I see a lot of lvl 7, 8 and even 9 spell which can be pretty strong for a wizard if they get a bunch of them.

Each individual scroll drops at the same rate as always. Now we just have more spells. If we reduced the drop rate to make the amount of overall spells dropped to be the same, then the chances for a wizard to find a specific scroll to scribe it becomes even smaller. I don't mind that there are many scrolls at vistani merchant, if you look closely, the really strong ones are never sold there anyway. And the not so strong ones are sold by NPC merchants at unlimited rates.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:58:51 AM by Troukk »
Not all who wander are lost.

julienchab

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »

1-Most scrolls that end up at the merchant in the MC are scrolls people don't want, or they would keep them.
2-If you're ready to pay around 5k for a scroll lvl 8, then do so and buy them from the vistani.
3-Scrolls are only one time use, so I disagree when you say they count as an additionnal spell. Their damage, duration and DC are way lower than a spell I would cast with my mage, making a scroll much less effective than spells I know and can cast each day.

I think the scroll drop is fine how it is right now, and I didn't see that huge a difference since the new hak.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 02:37:39 PM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

Just for that...Win! LOL.

-Semi-Retired-

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »

His math checks out.

Math. Just saying.

Erroneous

Just for that...Win! LOL.

When in doubt blame it on maths