You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Scroll availability  (Read 3952 times)

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
Scroll availability
« on: March 29, 2016, 11:44:37 PM »
I've been checking out the various scroll vendors and some scrolls seem to not be available. I figured I'd make it easy and post what npc would match with it being sold.

Greater Heroism:
:arrow: Enevold Uderford, he sells heroism.
:arrow: Codrin Varzaru, he sells heroism and the spell is within the level range he sells.

Mass Haste
:arrow: Blaise Acursius, transmutation is a NPC focus
:arrow: Arjan, transmutation is a NPC focus. He sells other level 6 spells so it's not too high level to be on him.

Also odd is the University scroll vendor sells iron bones. Despite being a conjuration spell, the spell only effects undead. It might be better suited for La Bibliothèque Obscure.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Scroll availability
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
They were intentionally left out since they are powerful spells to have a stack of scrolls for. Whether that's the right thing to do is another question!

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »
Also odd is the University scroll vendor sells iron bones. Despite being a conjuration spell, the spell only effects undead. It might be better suited for La Bibliothèque Obscure.

Shouldn't that spell be necromancy? anyways, it shouldn't be sold in public. The hidden necro shop is a better location for it :)

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
Wait there is a scroll. shop in the university!!?!?!

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »
They were intentionally left out since they are powerful spells to have a stack of scrolls for. Whether that's the right thing to do is another question!

These are the sorts of things that players should know about so they can select the spell at level up. :(
: )

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »

There is? Holy moly where?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 12:06:18 PM »

Is this the reason merchants no longer sell true strike scrolls? easy to stack and use indiscriminately?
Not all who wander are lost.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 12:20:14 PM »

These are the sorts of things that players should know about so they can select the spell at level up. :(

The good thing is.. these can A) still come from drops... and B: Bards and sorcs are able to change out their spells every level up... if I recall.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

Do the spells drop from dungeons, or if a mage doesn't pick it at level up are they screwed? I encountered a bug with the module update that, after talking to other mages, they haven't suffered: Half of my spells were deleted from my spellbook. Fortunately I have a huge surplus of scrolls I've collected over the years, and also fortunately I picked Greater Heroism at levelup, but I'm currently missing mass haste and it looks to be like one of the few ones I won't be able to get back.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »
Mass haste does indeed drop in dungeons.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:58 PM »
Every scroll should drop in some dungeon.

As for the schools of certain spells, that's how they were designed in supplemental 3.5e books.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
Regardless of school though, it'd make more sense for it to be moved to the necromancy NPC since a spell that buffs undead is sort of really closely tied to necromancy.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »
I'd agree with that, most of the people in Port don't know anything about magic so trying to tell them "it's okay, it's only conjuration", doesn't seem like it'd matter much at all. Additionally, I'd think that the people who did know the difference and cared about the difference would also have a tendency to, at least in public, shy away from anything that might even be confused for necromancy. The University itself would probably not want the headache of having to explain and defend the difference for the sake of selling a scroll that they couldn't even use in a practical sense. That's just my thoughts on it anyways.

Also, why you guys keep messing with my scrolls :raincloud:
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 02:00:26 AM »
As a fairly new mage, i will admit it isnt hard at all to get scrolls. I just leveled up to 13 and have every spell from 0-7, as well as almost every scrolls for 8 and 9 already obtained. The rare few i dont have i can simply just select when i level. So it doesn't seem as if there is anything wrong with how things are at the moment.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 07:47:22 PM »

There is? Holy moly where?

The enchantering NPC guy.

Regardless of school though, it'd make more sense for it to be moved to the necromancy NPC since a spell that buffs undead is sort of really closely tied to necromancy.

This I agree with. The Merchant shouldn't sell it but the the necromancy shop guy should.

Song of Danta

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 02:38:59 AM »
Hawk's Flight at Degannwy, pls.

Xegzy

• New to the Mists
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 12:20:41 PM »
Divine scroll shops? The only one I have even heard of is dwegany.