Author Topic: Connection Issues  (Read 1468 times)

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
Connection Issues
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »
I haven't been around here in a while, and I'm really no one important. Though, in the last 6 months, I've switched internet providers. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue I'm having now, but it seems I'm incapable of connecting via my current nick. Not sure if I need to make a new one, or adjust settings with my modem.

Anyway, the issue seems to be that I can no longer connect to multiplayer at all. It tells me "Cannot connect, please retry Nick" I hit retry, and the game freezes (or lags really bad, probably either or). I hit cancel, and it says the server is offline.

What could be causing this?

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Re: Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:42:01 AM »
The IP address changed a while back. Make sure all your info is up to date.
: )

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:50:04 AM »
I haven't been around here in a while, and I'm really no one important. Though, in the last 6 months, I've switched internet providers. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue I'm having now, but it seems I'm incapable of connecting via my current nick. Not sure if I need to make a new one, or adjust settings with my modem.

Anyway, the issue seems to be that I can no longer connect to multiplayer at all. It tells me "Cannot connect, please retry Nick" I hit retry, and the game freezes (or lags really bad, probably either or). I hit cancel, and it says the server is offline.

This is because the GameSpy server no longer functions. You should either connect via Direct Connection (see here for IP), or install the NWN Client Extender to restore functionality to the list of active servers.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

gainreduction

• Cool Dungeon Bro
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:04 AM »

This is because the GameSpy server no longer functions. You should either connect via Direct Connection (see here for IP), or install the NWN Client Extender to restore functionality to the list of active servers.

+1 or use NeverRun.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/neverrun