Author Topic: The Terror Within - Dr. Emanuel Gaspar  (Read 2503 times)

Troukk

• Dark Power
The Terror Within - Dr. Emanuel Gaspar
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
March 4, 771

Success!

At last we have our first survivor to the procedure.

I know, I know. There is still work to be done. Adjustments to be made. Standardizations to be set.

Nevertheless, today we should celebrate. I will write a proper epicrisis tomorrow, after some much needed rest.

~Emanuel~

PS: I should buy Dr. Von Burkhart an expensive bottle of spirits. The Romulich family might have something appropiate. This breakthrough wouldn't have been possible without his assistance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:11:00 PM by Troukk »
Not all who wander are lost.

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: Dr. Gaspar's medical journal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:45:42 PM »
March 6, 771

EPICRISIS: Patient 32

Sex: Female

Diagnosis: Healthy involuntary test subject

Procedure: Incisional lobotomy with triggered action encephalic modulating agent.

Prognosis: Good.

Additional notes: She is the first subject to survive the procedure and will require further observation.

~Emanuel~
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:21:37 AM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 04:14:26 PM »
March 6, 771

Transcript of Letter from Dr. Emanuel Gaspar to Dr. Niklaus Von Burkhart:

Dear Dr. Von Burkhart:

With our recent success with Patient 32, I believe we should find a way to publish our results. It's without a doubt a grand breakthrough. However, I am aware that our methods might not have the approval of the most conservative parts of the scientific community.

There is one thing we can do about it, though. We could repeat our experiment in several small animals. It would allow us to polish our techniques and protocols, while avoiding any issues with our more reactionary colleagues. I've secured a good place where we can develop this series of clinical trials.

Please let me know if you are interested in persuing this endeavor.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Emanuel Gaspar.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »
March 14, 771

Update on Patient 32:

Her conditioning was tested. The results were very satisfactory.

Her obedience was absolute, while not diminishing her mental or physical capacities. Not even in my wildest dreams would I have expected this success without sideffects.

Further testing is in order.

~Emanuel~

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »
March 17, 771

Transcript of letter from Dr. Emanuel Gaspar to Mentalos Za'am:

Dear friend:

It's been quite some time since we met at the University. How's everything? I hear you've become a master weapon's enchanter since I returned to Barovia to continue my research at Dr. Zarcroft's facility. I know you're a very busy man, but if you find some time in your active schedule, I'd like to show you a recent breakthrough in our research. I think you will be most impressed with what we have achieved here. Alas, I must admit it is not without interest that you're invited in the first place. We've hit a wall in a certain part of the investigation and think your expertise in magic might help us push through it.

If you're interested, you'll find me at Dr. Zarcroft's Asylum.

Sincerly yours,

Dr. Emanuel Gaspar.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
March 18, 771

A letter is posted in this journal entry:

Troukk

• Dark Power
The Terror Within - Emanuel Gaspar
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
March 19, 771

They say there are treasures hidden in the most unlikely of places, and often found the days you least expect them. Well, yesterday was one of those days.

While strolling through The Drain, I've found a very particular caliban. Unlike the rest of his brood, he seems to be well intentioned, with a clear path to become a source of good in this world. A hero, many would consider.

He will make a perfect test subject for my next experiment.

I almost feel sorry for him. But the advancement of knowledge is more important than the worthless life of a sewer runt.

~Emanuel~

Troukk

• Dark Power
The Terror Within - Dr. Emanuel Gaspar
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
March 22, 771

The bitter taste of failure.

No matter how hard we tried, we weren't able to achieve the results we expected on Test Subject 33. He continues to be the pathetic creature he was when we captured him. Such a waste of powerful blood. I guess we did bite more than could be swallowed by trying to untap one with such rare heritage. Time to move on and release him. I don't expect him to come near the Asylum anytime soon.

I know the wisest course of action would have been to murder him. But where's the fun in that?

~Emanuel~

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: The Terror Within - Dr. Emanuel Gaspar
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
February 22, 772

Transcript of letter from Dr. Emanuel Gaspar to Instructor Mentalos Za'am:

Dear Friend:

First and foremost, allow me to congratulate you on your promotion to Instructor of the prestigious Red Academy. I can think of no man who deserves it more. Remind me to invite you to a drink the next time we meet. But the purpose of this letter is not to congratulate you. There is an interesting opportunity regarding a procedure I wish to submit to clinical trials. Your input would be, as always, invaluable. Let me know if you are interested in participating.

Should you decide to contact me on this matter, I still have my office at Dr. Zarcroft's Asylum.

Best regards,

~Emanuel~