Author Topic: Immunity to web doesnt always work  (Read 3379 times)

Xegzy

• New to the Mists
Immunity to web doesnt always work
« on: February 29, 2016, 01:51:20 AM »
Name:

Where: skrag water caves in barovia

When:  11:40pm mountain standard time

What: so web immunity is suppoed to prevent entangle from a web. it didnt and i died because off it i had a wizard cast it and im wearing the archnia cloak i do have a screen shot but i got to figure out how to get it into a readable format.i equipped the cloak before we went into the skrag cave

Recreate: wizard shot a Dc21 reflex web im a rogue barbarian with evasion and reflex save of 10
Ideas:maybe because i equiped the cloak form a different cloak the web immunity only partially worked? i know its similar with night vision goggle.s

edit: i have recreated the bug! so the reflex saves start as soon as combat does as soon as i roll intiave the immunity only become partial
reflex Dc of 21 i have evasion and i was punching a blade under a web and i started making reflex saves.

edit number 2: that above is false i start making reflex saves when the wizard casts any other spell after he casts web

http://s143.photobucket.com/user/cylare/media/bug%20report%20immunity.jpg.html
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:25:16 AM by Thralia »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: web immunity bug
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:12:38 AM »
Use a program called xnview - found here.

http://www.xnview.com/en/

For a free program which will let you organise and convert your screenshots into jpegs with a simple 'save as' command.  Hope it helps!

Xegzy

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:00 AM »
Thanks, added a screen shot and more info. Have recreated bug multiple times

dark_majico

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:31:29 AM »
This old bug, I have come across this in many modules, is this something that can be fixed or are we stuck with it forever?

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
Cloak of Arachnida - Web Immunity Borked.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
J'qarr has a cloak of Archnida that is in theory supposed to provide Spell Immunity: Web. It does not appear to be having any effect.
> Walking through webs, J'qarr is still slowed.
> Still takes Reflex saves
> Failing still makes you get stuck

As a secondary bug, I tried logging in/out to see if it was bugged the way nightvision goggles were: i.e. you needed to log in while wearing the item to get the effect. Instead, I discover that if you log out while webbed, you can glitch and be permanently stuck in web slow movement even after the webs are gone.

This effect could not be removed with restoration and lingered until rest.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Cloak of Arachnida - Web Immunity Borked.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »
Just to confirm, you were trying to cross through webs cast by the actual spell right?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Keyser

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »
To be clear it was the Travel Domain lvl 2 version of Web that caused the issue. Not Web cast via an item or from a character who would normally have such a spell in their book. We've not yet had opportunity to test it via a naturally cast spell or item.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 05:42:02 AM »
I'll have a look, but I think the issue is that the cloak makes you immune to the actual spell only. If you have the occasion test that and let me know in PM.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Immunity to web doesnt always work
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
Spoiler: show
There is a certain cloak that provides immunity to webs. My PC wears this to protect himself from the circle 2 web spell that he frequently casts. I have found that about 1/3rd of the time the web immunity does not work.

When the web immunity works, it works for all webs placed down. When the web immunity doesnt work, it doesnt work for all webs placed down. It seems to be all or nothing.

I am not sure what steps trigger this. If I find some exact steps, I'll post them here.

Jarvik

• New to the Mists
Cloak of the Arachnida
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 12:28:57 AM »
Cloak of the Arachnida does not appear to make one immune to web, as it is listed in the item description.

Socha

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • play stupid games; win stupid prizes
Re: Cloak of the Arachnida
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 02:53:01 AM »
I logged on to try it out on myself, as a wizard, and the Cloak works.
What was the source of webbing? Did someone cast the spell on you or was it a creature ability? That could have made a difference.

CBT aficionado since 2015.

King Pickle

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »
It works randomly. Been like that since forever.

Jarvik

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »
Ah, that's good to know. I cast it myself.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 10:33:22 PM »
Cloak of the Arachnida does not appear to make one immune to web, as it is listed in the item description.

Ive also had this issue with the cape. I made a post about it too not long ago. Works randomly, was my experience too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:38:40 PM by tylernwn »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 10:40:29 PM »

That report is too vague to work with. Can you be more specific about which version of web (the regular spell, the Shadow Conjuration version, a spider's web ability, etc.)? If it's a spell, who cast it? At which point did it not work?

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

That report is too vague to work with. Can you be more specific about which version of web (the regular spell, the Shadow Conjuration version, a spider's web ability, etc.)? If it's a spell, who cast it? At which point did it not work?

Background:
In my experience it doesn't works with the shadow conjuration version of web at all (probably mechanically correct), and it works with the conjuration version about 50% of the time. When I used to use the cape more often, I would have it equipped already when I logged in. I would then cast a conjuration web, and then walk into it (usually while fighting). Half the time the cape worked, half the time it didn't work. Unequipping and re-equipping the cape at this point did not reset the effect and make it start working.

When it works it always works for that session. When it doesn't work it always doesn't work for that session. So my guess is that if you login and dont see the bug, you are probably not going to see it that session.

I'd include a screenshot, but after my last level I removed the spell from my spellbook, so I can't create the scenario anymore. Maybe someone else can include a picture.

Reproduction steps:
My guess is if you have a character with the cloak that can cast web. Log in every so often and cast web, and walk into it. You should see the bug after a few tries.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:23:58 PM by tylernwn »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
It won't work against the Shadow Conjuration version nor the monsters' ability; that's not a bug. It gives you immunity to the spell Web specifically, not the spell-like ability nor other spells that also cast Web.

As for why it works half the time, that's a good question and something to look into.

Jarvik

• New to the Mists
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »
I'll see if I can find a way to repeat it - I think it might have something to do with the tileset it's in.

Disorder

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 05:40:58 PM »
I'll see if I can find a way to repeat it - I think it might have something to do with the tileset it's in.

I'll make a guess and will assume that the situation you've described happened to you in one of the caves in Barovia that was full of spiders.
I remember my cloak did not function there.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 03:02:24 PM »

I'll make a guess and will assume that the situation you've described happened to you in one of the caves in Barovia that was full of spiders.
I remember my cloak did not function there.

You would be right that the spider spell-like ability penetrates the spell protection, as EO said. But I think this bug report is exclusively about wizards/sorcerers getting stuck in their own webs.

I saw this bug again today, with a wizard friend who got stuck in his own web while fighting juju zombies. It seems that in this case the cape was working fine for a while. We were fighting, resting, then fighting again over and over again. Eventually the protection stopped working. I'm not sure why.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:04:02 PM by tylernwn »

Dolorof

• New to the Mists
Re: Immunity to web doesnt always work
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 01:47:35 PM »
I think i can help here as someone coming from nwn2.

Cast the web spell (2nd circle) on yourself , using your pc as the target, and it will always work. Use it somewhere else and then stepping on it won't work, as I understand its a bug indeed and may be very hard to fix.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:50:05 PM by Dolorof »
Player of Syclya Sandarem.

Derek Jeter

• Undead Slayer
Web Immunity doesn't work (Cloak of Arachnida)
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 05:32:40 AM »

No web immunity with the spell web with the cloak equipped, reequipped it and it was randomly working and not working.
So the item isn't working as advertised, nor is the spell immunity.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Re: Web Immunity doesn't work (Cloak of Arachnida)
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 05:52:03 AM »
I can concur, was testing it on my mage a few days ago and it was not working.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
Re: Web Immunity doesn't work (Cloak of Arachnida)
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »
This is a known bug, and has been reported before. I'm inclined to say EO hasn't yet unraveled the mystery.

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=42879.0

zDark Shadowz

Re: Immunity to web doesnt always work
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:47 PM »
Ive tried to recreate this in default NWN but had no luck. I did notice the spell is made up of three or four different scripts for casting, on enter, on exit and heartbeat though.

Best guess is that one of these isn't quite using the correct spell ID in a certain situation so you are no longer immune to that ID of spell.

Only a guess though. In default NWN using a module with the ravenloft hak and tlk files etc uploaded to it, the immunity worked perfectly, so maybe one of the server side spell scripts acquired an error during their duration editing somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:00:38 PM by zDark Shadowz »