You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Interesting RDD "Exploit"  (Read 1727 times)

Telkar

• Dark Power
Interesting RDD "Exploit"
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
Hey. Think this is more interesting than super serious, but I've experimented with releveling my RDD twice now I think. You know when you relevel RDDs and you end up with less ability points than before? Well, I seem to have lost so many that I went under the 0 limit, starting on the other side of the byte the ability point value seems to be stored. In effect my character now has 254 strength. On the downside, the carrying capacity doesn't seem defined for that strength value, so it's 0, making my character a very slow engine of destruction. I haven't gone into game like that of course. ;)

Anyway, thought you might want to know about this.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Interesting RDD "Exploit"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »
It actually is a pretty serious exploit, not that you've done anything wrong if you haven't gone ig like that, just clarifying. The engine as you pointed out doesn't have a carry capacity defined for that value str, so it's like 0. However, if you were to continue doing what you've done, it doesn't have to be much lower for it to kick and give you an unbelievable carry capacity. I think somewhere around the 240 mark. Engine of destruction is one way of putting it.. lol

This of course would be easily noticed by a DM and anyone caught ig like that would face some pretty serious consequences, understandably so.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
Yea. I meant serious in the sense that mentioning it here might do some harm, but as you say, easily noticed and there are few RDDs around anyway, even fewer of which will want to rebuild just to be caught doing it later. :p

Cursed Ink

• Dark Lord
  • 1# Highest Bounty Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 05:15:17 AM »
I actually have an RDD and I've rebuilt. Didnt allow me to retain any of the modifiers I think. Perhaps the PoTM rebuilder accounts for it.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:20:38 AM »
I actually have an RDD and I've rebuilt. Didnt allow me to retain any of the modifiers I think. Perhaps the PoTM rebuilder accounts for it.

Noticed nothing when I rebuilt Chira last week.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
It corrupts the ability points 'sometimes' according to the nwn wiki. So that makes sense.