Author Topic: Faction Friend/Enemy toggle  (Read 1367 times)

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
Faction Friend/Enemy toggle
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:43:41 AM »
So on the radial menu we have options for toggle faction Friend, toggle Faction Enemy, and the Faction tool itself.

Toggle Faction friend does not appear to be working.  Vardo NPCs ganked Nathaniel Kelter despite me using the "Toggle Friend" option.  After I raised him I tested to be sure.  Upon using "Toggle Friend" on him he got no feedback in his chat log and he didn't list as a friend in the Faction Tool menu.  But, if I use the faction tool on him specifically and toggle friend through it, it seems to work.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
Re: Faction Friend/Enemy toggle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 01:18:15 AM »
Were you wearing your RVT uniform? I found that the tool did not work unless I was using the uniform that gives you the feedback (you will now be treated as blazehblah.) 
Delete Me.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:19:28 AM »
I wasn't, but using the Tool option on the radial menu and setting to friend that way does work.  Using the Toggle Friend option from the radial menu doesn't, but I'll try with my uniform on.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:08:42 AM »
To be fair, Nate didn't give either of them a proper hug.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:16:33 AM »
I remember that we had a lot of problem with friend/enemy toggle in the guard faction a while ago, I would toggle someone as friend to faction, then I'd check to be sure they were friend to faction and even then, the guard NPC would just go and kill them at first sight.

I think that problem have been solve since then...  But faction marking have always been a bit glitchy. Sometime the enemy mark disappear and give the impression the guy won't get attacked by the NPC anymore, but in most cases they end up being killed by the NPC.

Since then, I always mark people friend to faction after removing the enemy to faction mark.

What I've learn with faction mark in the guard is, double check if he is friend, enemy or no relation with the faction. Check if someone else in your faction have the guy toggled to hostile. And if they have to go through "faction area only" places, mark them as friend to faction even they were never set as enemy before.

And if you really are not lucky, your own NPC will turn back against you... happened to me once :P
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness