You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Forum Guard Roster  (Read 1475 times)

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
Forum Guard Roster
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:48:12 PM »
A thought came to me as I was looking at the player list, trying to determine if a Vallaki Garda was online: A roster of sort on the forum listing all active guards (Vallaki Garda, Wachter Garda, Gendarmie) would be a great resource to have for those who are summoned by the guards, or need to speak with one, but don't know all of their names.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Forum Guard Roster
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:05:55 PM »
There is no active Wachter Garda; the faction was a plot faction that only existed for the length of a particular story, and is now closed.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »
I can see this being far more of a helpful resource than a harmful one. I like it.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
I don't think it is a bad idea, though a thread like this would have to be constantly refreshed.

What I suggest is, send a PM to the person who posted the summon and you can ask that person what ever you need know to get in contact with his PC guard of an other guard.

I think this might be easier than keeping a thread up to date with all the PC guard.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »
I don't think it is a bad idea, though a thread like this would have to be constantly refreshed.

What I suggest is, send a PM to the person who posted the summon and you can ask that person what ever you need know to get in contact with his PC guard of an other guard.

I think this might be easier than keeping a thread up to date with all the PC guard.

Sending a PM, or contacting the player OOCly in-game, is a response. A thread, as qwerty says, would be a "far more of a helpful resource than a harmful one." Resources can be utilized, and in this case, I think in more ways than responding to a summon.

Given there are already faction forums managed by the staff, refreshing the thread would be a simple matter of add or removing a Garda from the thread when they are added or removed from the faction forum. This logic really only applies to Vallaki Garda, but as Arawn corrected, there's no active Wachter Garda, and AFAIK, the Port-a-Lucine Gendarmie uniform is worn by Roland, and NPCs. So.. on second thought, there might not be much need for a Gendarmie roster thread.

With just Vallaki Garda as the focus of such a thread, I think it would be manageable enough.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:36:03 PM »
The thing is, currently even the Vallaki Guard forum our roster aren't up to date lol.

Also, managing these thread takes time. Sometime people are added and removed from the guard forum or faction and we either never saw their name one our own roster or their name are still there 1 month after they're gone. I say that, but it happened rarely as Treason was keeping it up to date and refreshed it regularly.

Having a roster is useful, but it has to be kept up to date, which is not always easy.

That said, I wouldn't mind keeping such a thread up to date, but I still think the old PM technique is the best solution.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:22:02 PM »
Here's our faction post that is mostly up to date.

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6519.msg262298#msg262298
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 12:03:30 AM »
Here's our faction post that is mostly up to date.

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6519.msg262298#msg262298

Yeah, but that doesn't show up the other member of the faction, only the faction PC leader and the DM associated to the faction.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

gryphonlotr

• Outlander
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »
Please can we get this for the Vallaki Garda?

Even a slightly out of date one would be of some use.

PMing can be nice for some things, but it really doesn't help if you're trying to tell if there's one on at a given moment when something comes up.
Elrebrin - Multi-skilled elven woodsman
Lillia - Squire in service to the Morninglord