Author Topic: A battered journal  (Read 708 times)

Sewerprince

• Undead Slayer
  • Sometimes it be like that
A battered journal
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »
//Feel free to post your feedback!

*The pages of this beaten and worn tome are riddled with arcane "doodles" and sporadic theories. Through the messiness of it all, one can manage to piece together a cohesive journal*

Two years. Two years I've been in this place and it has yet to feel like home. Every morning I wander the land, finding more information on how to bring her back.

*a few pages of deciphering later*

Magic seems to follow the same rules and structure as back home. But something feels different. The magic has a feeling. I recite all my incantations as normal but when the spell comes about, I feel it tugging at my heart. This requires more research.

*for some reason this passage was written sideways in the book*

The "spell feeling" has persisted, each school of magic feels different, like flavors of wine. I'm convinced only one path will bring me to her, and of the tastes, it is the most bitter on my heart. But I cannot stop here.

*The writing in this section seems to be written by either a rushed hand or someone out in the cold*

The first experiment was successful. I saw the creature move. Legs were unstable, had to be destroyed.

*Written right below the previous one, in a more steady handwriting*

Experiments two through six yielded similar results. But with every attempt I felt closer, every night I closed my eyes I could hear her voice. She's so close. I cannot stop here.

*This seems to be the only journal entry written in a "standard" format with a date*
December 17th
I have succeeded. Experiment #8 is fully functioning. Re-animated wings sustain brief moments of flight, the creature obeys my verbal commands.
Tabatha would be so happy.

*From here on the passages seem less coherent and need to be pieced together over multiple pages, sometimes hidden beneath written runes*

Can't stop here
She's close
I smelled her perfume last night in my dreams
No longer dreams
VISIONS
No one can know
They'll try to take her from ME
Her eyes, they were blue green. I can't forget that
My memory of her is fading. I must work faster
I feel her close just one more many more attempts
No more formulas or experiments THE FEELING IS THE ANSWER

I will be experiment nine