Author Topic: 'Expired' Character cannot leave OOC area  (Read 1469 times)

Snipehunt

• New to the Mists
'Expired' Character cannot leave OOC area
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:00:49 PM »
Where:
The OOC area. Specifically; the Pool of Scrying, the Faction portal, and the Last Save portal.

When:
I walked up to the object in questions (the Pool, in the first incident). I don't recall the time of the first incident, but it happened after the newest update.

What:
When I click on any of the objects in question, this message appears: This character has expired and thus, can no longer enter the world. If you have any questions, please contact the DM team.

Recreate:
As far as I can tell, this happens every time I attempt to either leave the OOC Area, or use the Pool.
(Despite the location of Eliza in the picture, she always starts in the center.)
Spoiler: show

Ideas:
Well, I don't think my character died (I'd remember that)... But I did recently have a character transfer made for Eliza by DM Arawn right after the update hit (if I recall correctly). I think Eliza may have glitched out due to that... However, she was working fine after the transfer. IT was only after I logged out, then back in later, that the glitch started.
Kashia Rydralle
Eliza Vhiski
Isendur Gallyan

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: 'Expired' Character cannot leave OOC area
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:29:43 AM »
Expired is a DM tool, that stops a char from being continued after a certain date. It is only used for MPCs and exploiters. I am going to assume it was accidentally triggered on you, the best thing you can do is contact a DM in a direct PM. Or Soren himself.

Bluebomber is always a good choice to contact in such situations.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: 'Expired' Character cannot leave OOC area
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »
For some reason, expiring the old versions of characters on a remake (like when I let you remake your level two on a new account) is transferring to the new ones. It's an easy fix; you just need a DM for about ten seconds.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.