Author Topic: A few thoughts/suggestions  (Read 2310 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
A few thoughts/suggestions
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:12:23 AM »
A few thoughts and suggestions iv had as a builder, that i thought id share incase they were any good or helpful;

Barovia - Vallaki - Southern Forest - Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn

* The tree in the corner by the stairs appears solid black because its to out of bounds

* Adrone* and Wren Jax have been in the same spot for years now, with Adrone* showing really no sign of comming to any time soon. Would make sense he would of been moved to one of the rooms on the second floor to give them privacy and to make him more comfortable then just laying on the floor. . . .for years. . .

Barovia - Vallaki - Southern Forest - Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn - Upstairs

* Stove is overly high for elven people to use
* The tree in the corner of the first bedroom appears solid black because its to out of bounds
* The "bedrooms" feel bleak forgotten, Adding some ivy to the walls and maybe a few potted plants and a small table and two chairs to each would make them more inviting for rp

Barovia - Vallaki - Western Outskirts - The Lady's Resting Place

* The tables in general are just horribly placed about and over high. More booth like sitting options (specially in the corners) with small/tiny tables in the middle would allow for a much less intrusive design, but allow for more people to sit in a designated area. The smaller tables would also work much better for just those drinking, without making trying to sit horribly annoying.

* lower slimmer (bar top) like tables would work nicely for those wanting to have a meal, socialize without taking up obscene amounts of space.

* The Sign the bear has his paw on, could be used to list a few simple rules for the inn. Like no weapons being allowed to be draw, no pets of any kind, close the door, etc etc etc

Barovia - Vallaki - Western Outskirts - The Lady's Resting Place - Downstairs

* The tileset table is overly large and high for practical use, the chair unusable as well.

* By removing a few placeables, the tileset table the area could hold a few couch like benches and tables between them for a more relaxed/quiet sitting area away from the likely louder more drunken festivities above.

Barovia - Vallaki - Western Outskirts - The Lady's Resting Place - Upstairs

* Seeing as the owner and Radu never seem to leave the Inn, adding two placeable doors at various distances apart on the wall with the lanterns. Along with signs of some sort to denote them being "Guards Quarters", "Bianca Zeklos's Quarters" or something. It would fill in some of the empty space on the wall and go towards making the location and the npcs more rounded out.

Creatures
* Add fawns to the deer herds

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: A few thoughts/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »
* The tree in the corner by the stairs appears solid black because its to out of bounds

I'll move it slightly.

* The tree in the corner of the first bedroom appears solid black because its to out of bounds

I'll also move it.

* Stove is overly high for elven people to use

I'll lower it as much as I can; I'll also lower some other placeables.

* The "bedrooms" feel bleak forgotten, Adding some ivy to the walls and maybe a few potted plants and a small table and two chairs to each would make them more inviting for rp

I'll try to touch them up a bit to incorporate some of the new elven tileset features in them.

* The Sign the bear has his paw on, could be used to list a few simple rules for the inn. Like no weapons being allowed to be draw, no pets of any kind, close the door, etc etc etc

I'll make it useable again; it's supposed to list the menu.

Baium

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

Creatures

Please don't, I feel bad enough hunting deer and stags just to get my leatherworking up

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »

Creatures

Please don't, I feel bad enough hunting deer and stags just to get my leatherworking up

Oooo!  Yes, let's have more opportunities for a crisis of conscience in PoTM!  Bring on the cute little Thumper bunnies, and the innocent Bambi fawns!  There are already crag cat cubs, let's have wolf puppies too!
 :devil:

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

raeda in fossa

• Undead Slayer
  • The Lady of Shallott Looking at Lancelot (1894)
    • I have a Ko-Fi! :)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:06:59 PM »

Creatures

Oooo!  Yes, let's have more opportunities for a crisis of conscience in PoTM!  Bring on the cute little Thumper bunnies, and the innocent Bambi fawns!  There are already crag cat cubs, let's have wolf puppies too!
 :devil:

It would make logical sense. Maybe fawns during the spring/summer? I think it'd definitely add to the environment, personally.
"Ita regem obtruncat."
Livy. Ab Urbe Condita. Book 1, Chapter 5. 27 BC.

dark_majico

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
Great call Muio, fawns! That gave me an idea, could we have birds nest scattered around some trees? Collecting eggs for alchemy ingredients would be sweet, or just roleplay for wizard regents for hedge witches and wizards and witch doctor characters.