You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: No rain?  (Read 4798 times)

booksarefun666

No rain?
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »
Everywhere but Vallaki's government district doesn't seem to rain. Apparently this wasn't always the case, what happened? Did rain get nerfed?

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: No rain?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:06:30 PM »

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »
This one's a bit more of a stretch...

okay. okay, okay.. I'm done.

booksarefun666

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »
Where did all the rain go?  :cry:

greeneggs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »
I agree, it's been sometime since I have seen rain!  It's a shame.  I really liked the rain!

<---same goes for snow!

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »
I'd like to see more weather in game. The weather ticker says things like "it's windy" or "it's cold" but really rain and snow given this impression of hopelessness that could feed the environment RP. I haven't ever seen rain in Port which is odd since it's an ocean front city. I vote for more weather systems server wide.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

gryphonlotr

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:06 PM »
I've seen it snow recently, but as for rain, the only time I see rain seems to be the occasions when I enter an area and it stops raining ~1-3 seconds after my screen loads.

Not really sure what that means, but that is something the weather system is doing sometimes.
Elrebrin - Multi-skilled elven woodsman
Lillia - Squire in service to the Morninglord

booksarefun666

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »
I notice there's actually rain in Barovia now. Nice!

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »
I haven't ever seen rain in Port which is odd since it's an ocean front city. I vote for more weather systems server wide.

Dude, Moonbrooke's made this exact comment IC in PaL multiple times now, I second this. It is true, there used to be more active weather, at least in Barovia. I'm not sure if something was done to the system, but it would be nice to see it come back. Especially now that the weather affects certain skills.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 10:25:22 AM »
Does that mean we can get sandstorms in har'akir that make it next to impossible to see???!!

But I agree more weather in areas would be nice!

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
Tweaks are incoming and should start raining more in most places.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »

: )

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

Why do I picture Fane doing that, but emo-style? LOL
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 03:34:00 PM »
I haven't ever seen rain in Port which is odd since it's an ocean front city. I vote for more weather systems server wide.

Dude, Moonbrooke's made this exact comment IC in PaL multiple times now, I second this. It is true, there used to be more active weather, at least in Barovia. I'm not sure if something was done to the system, but it would be nice to see it come back. Especially now that the weather affects certain skills.
Dementlieu is supposed to have mild, pleasant weather, as a reflection of its darklord. That's not to say it never rains there, but it would not be like Barovia.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »

Dementlieu is supposed to have mild, pleasant weather, as a reflection of its darklord. That's not to say it never rains there, but it would not be like Barovia.

It's been raining a lot lately, maybe the dark lord is sad. :(

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

It's been raining a lot lately, maybe the dark lord is sad. :(
It actually rains there frequently, but it doesn't have big, windy, thundery storms, and wouldn't necessarily be raining there if it were also raining in Barovia. It also doesn't get cold enough in the winter that it would do damage to you.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 06:37:57 PM »
Here's what the Gazetteer has to say about Dementlieu's weather:

The climate of Dementlieu rarely reaches extremes. In winter, only the occasional light layer of snow ever dusts the ground, and in the summer season usually sees only a few days of uncomfortably high temperatures. Rain is fairly frequent, especially during the spring and autumn.

Can you guys confirm this is what happens in-game?

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
I've noticed a couple cold fort checks in winter that I don't think ever happened years ago, but it's been pretty accurate to the gazetteer.

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »
It rains frequently, and sometimes heavily, but not storm like (no thunder or lightning or heavy wind)

I haven't noticed this recently, but I know up till a couple months ago it was pretty common to get that reeeeally annoying wind sound and the weather info say it was a heavy storm, but no rain effect to accompany it.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 02:24:15 AM »

The climate of Dementlieu rarely reaches extremes. In winter, only the occasional light layer of snow ever dusts the ground, and in the summer season usually sees only a few days of uncomfortably high temperatures. Rain is fairly frequent, especially during the spring and autumn.

I've never seen snow in PaL, but as for the winters, the coldest I've seen temperature-wise is usually around the zero mark (sometimes enough to trigger fort saves, but nothing like Vallaki, of course). As for the summers, the temperatures are usually in the high 30's or 40's, which I personally would find extremely hot. Mind you, where I live isn't especially hot, but because of all the lakes and rivers it's usually really humid which makes it feel hotter... so perhaps it's meant to reflect that. The other day was the first time I've seen it rain in PaL, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it's mostly spring/autumn.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 02:59:47 AM »

The rain has only just started up, but in some months/years past, it has had heavy wind storms according to the thingy in the action log.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.